• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE 2K15 First Footage and Gameplay changes

Hasney

"Spend currency, spend currency".

Ruh-roh.

Hopefully it's in game or even if it does use VC, not everything is so dependant on the servers.

MyCareer mode does sound great though. Shame about how the match engine is looking and the currency.

EDIT: He specifically said Virtual Currency where I just got to. Well bugger.

the_rock.png

That's the PS3 version they showed, right?

Also:

warrior.png

This game is going to be such a disaster

We haven't seen anything suggesting that. Well, we haven't seen much at all. I was at least expecting weekly gameplay trailers featuring a new feature from the game. We aren't even getting that.

The impressions we've been getting are mostly positive though, but it sounds like some of the new gameplay features will take some getting used to.

I still can't believe IGN got roped into having this as their game of the month for August. There is a hilarious lack of content out there for it and we're in October.

Long time lurker, quick question, have they confirmed christian for the normal roster or do we have to buy him through dlc?

Setting myself up to be disappointed with this, day one though

strobogo

Banned
We haven't seen anything suggesting that. Well, we haven't seen much at all. I was at least expecting weekly gameplay trailers featuring a new feature from the game. We aren't even getting that.

The impressions we've been getting are mostly positive though, but it sounds like some of the new gameplay features will take some getting used to.

I still can't believe IGN got roped into having this as their game of the month for August. There is a hilarious lack of content out there for it and we're in October.

Signs that suggest the game will be a disaster:

2K asked to shelf the game for SIX MONTHS to continue to work on it. They were denied.

The 360/PS3 versions won't have any of the upgrades and will be the same glitchy game it has been for years.

2K botched up NBA 2K for next gen systems.

Of all the footage available, almost all the animations are the same 5-10 year old animations, despite claims of how they've put in thousands of new ones.

They haven't updated their official site in months. The newest update was from the first trailer. The only in game pictures on the web site are *work in progress*. Most of the character pictures on the site are actual pictures, not game renders. The full roster is still "coming soon", despite WWE.com putting up the whole roster AND DLC characters. Less than a week away from release.

Even in the little next gen footage that has leaked has awkward physics and glitchy weapons, with the same animations and hitting big moves as the first move after being told that isn't how the system works anymore.

Clothes are still painted on.

Buying the season pass doesn't even get you all of the DLC.

2K asked to shelf the game for SIX MONTHS to continue to work on it. They were denied.

The 360/PS3 versions won't have any of the upgrades and will be the same glitchy game it has been for years.

Of all the footage available, almost all the animations are the same 5-10 year old animations, despite claims of how they've put in thousands of new ones.

They haven't updated their official site in months. The newest update was from the first trailer. The only in game pictures on the web site are *work in progress*. Most of the character pictures on the site are actual pictures, not game renders. The full roster is still "coming soon", despite WWE.com putting up the whole roster AND DLC characters. Less than a week away from release.

Even in the little next gen footage that has leaked has awkward physics and glitchy weapons, with the same animations and hitting big moves as the first move after being told that isn't how the system works anymore.

The fact that they didn't get the delay they wanted is the biggest worry for me. This mini delay until the 18th doesn't really mean much at this point if they needed 6 more months of additional work. My feeling is that we're a going to see a feature lite game. A lot of stuff we are used to simply won't be there this year for the next gen version. I have a feeling creative a move, create an arena and create a story will be cut.

I have full confidence they recorded a lot of new animations for wrestlers but I don't know how many of them are going to end up in the actual game. I think new wrestlers and will have their new animations. I thought the Sami Zayne stuff looked great.

Yeah, people are really disliking NBA 2k this gen. I thought NBA 2k14 was fine but I'm not a basketball expert by any means. The biggest problem for me was the menus.

The glitches from build we saw are hard to judge since it could have been from an earlier build. However, they could show us new content to alleviate our fears and they haven't bothered to try and do that yet.

Pretty much. All signs point to the Current gen version being even glitchier than the past gen version. They wanted until Wrestlemania season to release it and WWE are forcing them to put it out for Christmas. It's an absolute embarrassment that a $30 season pass doesn't unlock everything. I'm guessing people will start getting theb360/PS3 version today and start showing footage at least.

Mobile Suit Gooch

Grundle: The Awakening
I have an idea for showcase mode,How about Rock Vs. HHH? How about some what-ifs? like HBK Vs. The Rock? Austin Vs. Goldberg or Hogan.

Would any of you like to have a Cruiserweight Division pack? Dean Malenko Ultimate Dragon, Chris Jericho, Rey, Lyger, etc?

I have an idea for showcase mode,How about Rock Vs. HHH? How about some what-ifs? like HBK Vs. The Rock? Austin Vs. Goldberg or Hogan.

Would any of you like to have a Cruiserweight Division pack? Dean Malenko Ultimate Dragon, Chris Jericho, Rey, Lyger, etc?

I'm surprised they didn't do the Rock vs. HHH feud for DLC. That seemed like a given.

FHIZ

Hopefully we get David Arquette.

I'm going to need some Karl Malone and Jay Leno too.

...god damn it, WCW.

Speaking of characters, other than Paige, which characters are actually *new* to the game with the season pass? I going through the line up of DLC, it seemed like it was mostly different versions of people already on the roster, or am I mistaken?

The game has taken a huge step backwards in terms of nostalgia, it definitely seems to be aimed at current fans more than the past few years. DLC for Orton/Christian and Mark Henry is so far away from what I'd want to spend money on, if it had been any big attitude era feud I'd have eaten it up.

Kaiterra

Banned
The game has taken a huge step backwards in terms of nostalgia, it definitely seems to be aimed at current fans more than the past few years. DLC for Orton/Christian and Mark Henry is so far away from what I'd want to spend money on, if it had been any big attitude era feud I'd have eaten it up.

It really sucks that the game has to try to be so many different things to different people because it is the only wrestling game we get period every year. Probably part of why they end up being such unfocused messes.

SKINNER!

Banned
Was itching to buy and play a wrestling game for the PS4 but gutted to see that 2K haven't done much to improve the series this year. Last one I played was WWE13 and it was just simplified glitchy garbage. Thought that maybe the 2K takeover would've brought something interesting to the table but alas...

Back to Wrestlmania 2000 and No Mercy I go

Top Bottom