• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE Money In the Bank 2016 |OT| It's full of shredded newspaper

Status
Not open for further replies.

thequestion

Two separate rosters, same plate of shit we've ate for years.

I guess I'll just continue with the ppv's, then. I can handle 3 hrs of shit a month.

It would be nice if they skewed either raw or smackdown to an older demographic. The idea seems profitable...but I guess warching randel rains lie on the mat for 20 minutes catching his breath, and another 10 minutes being attended to by medical staff sells tickets, so what do I know?

It was a really solid PPV from what I saw. ADR looked better in that match than I'd seen him in a very long time. With Dean finally getting his big win, is Sami Zayn the new underdog for the crowd to pull behind? The guy's just extremely likable.

It was a really solid PPV from what I saw. ADR looked better in that match than I'd seen him in a very long time. With Dean finally getting his big win, is Sami Zayn the new underdog for the crowd to pull behind? The guy's just extremely likable.

Sami could reach D-Bry levels. We will see though. When his feud with Owens finally hits its stride it will steal every show.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I guess I'll just continue with the ppv's, then. I can handle 3 hrs of shit a month.

It would be nice if they skewed either raw or smackdown to an older demographic. The idea seems profitable...but I guess warching randel rains lie on the mat for 20 minutes catching his breath, and another 10 minutes being attended to by medical staff sells tickets, so what do I know?

6 hours of shit a month, they're doubling up PPVs

I feel like we are starting to see it skew more towards an older audience, I heard a few non PG phrases last night, also Ambrose was saying after the show there was a few things he couldn't say on a "PG broadcast" as to how he is feeling.

Also with Cena saying lately he wants blood back and for WWE to cater to his demographic more and the "Holy shit" crowd chants along with AJ styles another prominent player saying "Shit" to the camera last night feels to me they are testing the waters, we are seeing more and more of it really would not surprise me if we are seeing a push to a more edgy product.

I mean camp WWE (although unrelated from the live shows) is the first M broadcast show from WWE and Dean Ambrose isn't exactly a "clean" face of the company, he is more of a Foley/Stone Cold type guy.

I just feel like we are seeing the start of a push towards a more adult geared brand especially with the lower ratings lately.

First of all, Dean Ambrose is a third rate Brian Pillman/Roddy Piper cosplayer. He doesn't have 10% of Foley or Austin's charisma.

But ignoring that, as long as the WWE has all their ad deals, they might brush up with the limits of TV-PG and they might go harder on the Network, but RAW & SD will remain TV-PG shows as they'd rather get 2's and have Coke sponsoring them then get 4's and have Stacker 2 sponsoring them.

I agree with the first part but that was the closest comparison in terms of "dirty" image my mind went to

You make a good point about sponsoring though

That's the thing people don't get when they say "but The Walking Dead" is that The Walking Dead may have 8 year old viewers, but The Walking Dead isn't advertising directly toward 8 year olds. Norman Reedus isn't hosting The Kid's Choice Awards.

It's crazy when you think about it. All three members of the Shield won their first world title by pinning eachother. It's like game of rock, paper, scissors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom