• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE Money In the Bank 2016 |OT| It's full of shredded newspaper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Reigns loses clean to the Pedigree.

HHH has the last laugh.

The second pedigree was a complete waste of the Spear to Pedigree spot (I assume HHH did that on one of the other dudes who did the spear?)

gurudyne

The second pedigree was a complete waste of the Spear to Pedigree spot (I assume HHH did that on one of the other dudes who did the spear?)

I thought the spot served its purpose. It was flashy and unexpected per Seth's idiom, but lacked substance. Rollins didn't hook both arms, so Reigns had an easier time kicking out than he would otherwise have had. Took a full pedigree to end it.

bill0527

Seth should have hit the regular Pedigree first then Roman kick out and then end the match on the spear into the Pedigree for the finish.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I still think the funniest thing is that all of the wrestlers have some kind of magic powers to get their music to play on command.

I still think the funniest thing is that all of the wrestlers have some kind of magic powers to get their music to play on command.
Or when the wrestlers that are considered outsiders/the bad guys have their own theme prepped despite them being, y'know, people that the company in Kayfabe want tossed out of the company. Like with the Shield.

UberTag

Quick question... when Roman wins his 4th world title at Summerslam, will that set a record for number of world title wins for a single wrestler in a 9-month stretch (November 22nd through August 21st)? And will Roman lose the belt again between then and Wrestlemania so he can quickly claim his 5th title reign?

Quick question... when Roman wins his 4th world title at Summerslam, will that set a record for number of world title wins for a single wrestler in a 9-month stretch (November 22nd through August 21st)?

I think Ol' Double J has him beat. Jarrett went from never having won the strap to a 4 time world champ in the span of a month and a half (4/16-5/29) in WCW during 2000.

Kuroyume

Banned
I'd rather have Reigns with the title and fighting in main events than Ambrose. Ambrose looks as legitimate a champion as David Arquette. Do not understand the appeal. Not funny or intersting on the mic. Awful wrestling. Looks emaciated. At least Roman sort of has a look, and it's fun to hate him.

UberTag

I'd rather have Reigns with the title and fighting in main events than Ambrose. Ambrose looks as legitimate a champion as David Arquette. Do not understand the appeal. Not funny or intersting on the mic. Awful wrestling. Looks emaciated. At least Roman sort of has a look, and it's fun to hate him.
yqhjwSb.gif

Angry Grimace

Quick question... when Roman wins his 4th world title at Summerslam, will that set a record for number of world title wins for a single wrestler in a 9-month stretch (November 22nd through August 21st)? And will Roman lose the belt again between then and Wrestlemania so he can quickly claim his 5th title reign?
Roman vs Cena at WM33 with Flair's record on the line.

Incredibly uneven PPV, unlike most I thought Styles vs Cena was a straight up bore, pace as slow, they literally tried to sell a will Cena submit to a fucking headlock spot.

Reigns vs Rollins was faster paced, a better story and of course a much better ending.

MitB match was solid but the IC ladder match at Mania was better, the tag match was alright, the rest was completely meh.

Pikma

Banned
The fact that not even AJ was able to make Cena look good in the ring says a lot, even fucking AJ vs. Jericho was better than that shit.

So I guess that also means Reigns is waaaay better than Cena right now

Angry Grimace

How exactly was this a clean win? Roman got the 3 count when the ref was down.

Because he didn't get a three count and in kayfabe kicking out at 2 is part of the strategy. Neither Reigns or Rollins did anything to capitalize on the ref bump and Roman caused it to begin with.

The fact that not even AJ was able to make Cena look good in the ring says a lot, even fucking AJ vs. Jericho was better than that shit.

the hell are you talking about, Cena was great in the ring during his recent U.S champ reign

He's always delivered in big matches against good opponents, this AJ match is more of an anomaly for Cena.

UberTag

Would be interesting to see that Cena is missing a step post-recovery. One bad match - especially with someone he hasn't worked with before - is not a trend. But I'm going to raise my eyebrow if we see a litany of subpar performances throughout the summer.

the hell are you talking about, Cena was great in the ring during his recent U.S champ reign

He's always delivered in big matches against good opponents, this AJ match is more of an anomaly for Cena.
He's sustained two major injuries since then.

Angry Grimace

I don't think Cena's match was subpar at all. It was good/fine, and the crowd seemed to like it.

Would be interesting to see that Cena is missing a step post-recovery. One bad match - especially with someone he hasn't worked with before - is not a trend. But I'm going to raise my eyebrow if we see a litany of subpar performances throughout the summer.

He's sustained two major injuries since then.

Cena going to China last week also probably didn't help.

Toki767

Wait, people didn't like Styles/Cena? It was a pure wrestling match. They didn't need the gimmicks like Reigns did to make both people look good.

For a match that was 99% inside the ring, it was pretty good.

4/8 matches sucked, but the good matches were good enough for me to say it was a good show. I don't even like Ambrose. I guess this will lead to a Shield 3 way at Summer Slam, (or sooner?) which should be cool.

Hasney

FUCK YES. Loved the ending, although Seth needs to get rid of some ring rust. Hell, Sami did as well but luckily for us managed to do it before Nakamura. Cena needs it too to a lesser extent, but he had the perfect opponent in AJ for that.

Really enjoyed the tag and MITB matches too, but man, FUCKING AMBROSE!! Next PPV main event should be fun.

Kurita

Where can I watch the VoD of MITB online

not the WWE Network

"Where can I illegally watch this event you're supposed to pay for"

Dude

PPV was alright I guess. Super happy for Ambrose, 4-way was clunky but entertaining, didn't care about Sheamus/Crews, Corbin/Ziggler, the tag match.
AJ/Cena was solid but I expect some better matches out of this feud. MITB was cool.

Loved the main event. I think it went perfectly. I might be biased being a big Shield fan but I was just so good. I do like that Rollins looked like he was ready for a fight when Ambrose's music hit. No coward this time. Unfortunately he didn't see him attacking from behind. Congrats to Ambrose.

I was about to bitch about how Roman loses clean to Seth while AJ couldn't even beat him while cheating. However, decided I was being a stupid idiot. The Shield triple threat makes too much sense, I just didn't think it would be happening this soon.

I'm pretty happy that a part of Reigns "super Cena" armor was stripped tonight. It will make his feuds much more engaging now knowing that he can lose.

I guess I'm still in disbelief that Dean actually won. I still think they are going to find some sort of excuse to take it away from him today and give it back to Roman. That collision with the barrier and concern of whether or not he was actually cleared seems like an out waiting to happen. They didn't use it during the event so there is a chance that I am just being paranoid but it wouldn't be surprising.

I prefer Seth wins it at Summerslam over Reigns if the title is going to change hands. Then they can start the building to a program with Triple H for Royal Rumble.

Hasney

I guess I'm still in disbelief that Dean actually won. I still think they are going to find some sort of excuse to take it away from him today and give it back to Roman. That collision with the barrier and concern of whether or not he was actually cleared seems like an out waiting to happen. They didn't use it during the event so there is a chance that I am just being paranoid but it wouldn't be surprising.

Nah, I think that was just "Oh he's so hurt he needs medical attention, but still hit the spear for a ref bump and kicked out of running into a pedigree".

The thing is, to me, it just looks like both Roman and Seth were screwed out of a win one time each because if Seth could have gotten to him and git him back in the ring, he could have won then.

Credit to WWE for the fact that Roman has still never beaten Seth too. They can keep that for a little longer.

painey

really, REALLY wish that Seth would have kicked out at 2 with Dean ala Dolph/ADR and then he won it with the dirty deeds.

kiguel182

Not a fan of the PPV. It All seemed really sloppy and awkward.

Ambrose as champion is still not interesting to me but more novel than Reigns at least.

Sephzilla

Here's how I fully expect Raw to go tonight, because WWE likes to ruin everything.

-Dean opens the show and cuts a promo about being happy to be the craziest world champ since Mick Foley

-Seth interrupts and says Dean had no right cashing in on him.

-Steph interrupts both of them and comes put with the ringside doctor who was checking on Roman after the spear/barrier spot. The doctor will say that Roman was never cleared to resume the match and the match shouldn't have continued. Therefore Roman is still the World Champ, voiding out Seth's win and Dean's cash in. Roman then stays on concussion protocol until Summerslam

Kuroyume

Banned
Here's how I fully expect Raw to go tonight, because WWE likes to ruin everything.

-Dean opens the show and cuts a promo about being happy to be the craziest world champ since Mick Foley

-Seth interrupts and says Dean had no right cashing in on him.

-Steph interrupts both of them and comes put with the ringside doctor who was checking on Roman after the spear/barrier spot. The doctor will say that Roman was never cleared to resume the match and the match shouldn't have continued. Therefore Roman is still the World Champ, voiding out Seth's win and Dean's cash in. Roman then stays on concussion protocol until Summerslam

That would actually make me happy.

painey

how it will more likely go:

Roman: I had you beat for the 3, Seth
Seth: Dean, you never beat me 1 on 1 for my title
Steph: SHIELD triple threat at Summerslam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom