• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE Money In the Bank 2016 |OT| It's full of shredded newspaper

Status
Not open for further replies.

ngower

G3KsQGK.png

I know he's from Cincinnati you stupid idiots

orioto

Good Art™
When i think about it, Ambrose used his mitb more like a heel than Rollins. That and he looked like a thief in the mitb match...

They're so good at making their wanted face star look like the worst... Remember the RR with Reigns..

Ithil

People mean clean as in Seth picked Reigns up, hit his finisher, and pinned him. No tights, or interference, kicking out just after three, etc.

Syder

When i think about it, Ambrose used his mitb more like a heel than Rollins. That and he looked like a thief in the mitb match...
Ambrose was getting revenge for destroying The Shield. While Ambrose is a face, he gives people who deserve it their comeuppance. He looked 'like a thief' in the MITB match because they needed to keep him un-injured.
People mean clean as in Seth picked Reigns up, hit his finisher, and pinned him. No tights, or interference, kicking out just after three, etc.
The actual definition of clean.^

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Seth really does coming out of this whole thing looking like the biggest face. Not sure how they're going to keep trying to book him like the heel out of these 3 but I guess they'll try.

Ithil

They're so good at making their wanted face star look like the worst... Remember the RR with Reigns..

I think Ambrose has a permanent licence to treat Seth as poorly as he likes and never have it deemed heelish.

orioto

Good Art™
Ambrose was getting revenge for destroying The Shield. While Ambrose is a face, he gives people who deserve it their comeuppance. He looked 'like a thief' in the MITB match because they needed to keep him un-injured.The actual definition of clean.^

They do that in all his matches then.

But the problem about him revenging against Rolins, is that Rollins has face reactions, kinda facish vid packages (showing his efforts, his come back..) and then Ambrose steal his win, that he actually deserved. he didn't cheat in the match. So Rollins is the victim here.

Super man Reigns is weak
Heel Rollins is the meriting guy who was robbed
Underdog face Ambrose is the opportunist douchebag

WWE i guess

jonjonaug

I think Ambrose has a permanent licence to treat Seth as poorly as he likes and never have it deemed heelish.

Ambrose could tie Seth to the back of a motorcycle and drag him through the streets of Vegas and he'd still come off as the face.

Sephzilla

The funny thing is that now Rollins can play the whole "Ambrose stole my moment" thing just like how Reigns used it on Rollins...

Except Seth's "my moment was stolen" claim is alot more legitimate than Romans because Roman never actually beat Brock Lesnar

I am not understanding people at all who think coming out of this Seth=face and Ambrose=heel. Ambrose is 100% the face. The fans love him and he panders to them. This isn't the 1950s. Stone Cold used to do all sorts of heel'ish shit and fans ate it up and kept cheering him.

ReiGun

Yeah they've sold us on the fact that Ambrose really dislikes Seth. He even said tonight that it's just fun to beat up Seth. Him cashing in this way is pretty much in character. Not every face has to be a total goody two shoes.

But yeah. Seth still being a heel is weird. People like him, and out of all three Shield members, he currently has the most sympathetic story.

orioto

Good Art™
I am not understanding people at all who think coming out of this Seth=face and Ambrose=heel. Ambrose is 100% the face. The fans love him and he panders to them. This isn't the 1950s. Stone Cold used to do all sorts of heel'ish shit and fans ate it up and kept cheering him.

Ambrose will be an other heelish face soon, like Rollins or Owens are mark's face, this is a new era indeed.

Ithil

Yeah they've sold us on the fact that Ambrose really dislikes Seth. He even said tonight that it's just fun to beat up Seth. Him cashing in this way is pretty much in character.

But yeah. Seth still being a heel is weird.

Yes, like Zayn/Owens (when taking their pre-WWE feuds into account) they've built a proper career rivalry for Seth/Ambrose where it feels like there's real everlasting hatred, unlike the brief feuds with Reigns which were always barebones and toothless.

MrNelson

Banned
I guess.

It still seems like their way of "making Roman look strong" and setting up for the rematch because I'm sure they'll have Roman come out and complain how he should have won considering how long he had him pinned.

JTripper

Not gonna lie, that was the best PPV finish in a LONG time. Nearly flawless. Match told a great story, great pacing, great finish, great conclusion to the event.

Also, not sure if this was mentioned at all in the thread or in the community thread, but Max Landis said his "consulting job" with WWE often leads to them not going with his ideas, but tonight they did so I'm guessing he suggested that finish or at least some parts of that main event.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I guess.

It still seems like their way of "making Roman look strong" and setting up for the rematch because I'm sure they'll have Roman come out and complain how he should have won considering how long he had him pinned.

Why would Seth kick out if there's no ref to count? Good old JR would call that a "veteran move" bruh.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
lol All 3 Members of the Shield had the title within a span of 5 minutes

I guess.

That's never really considered a dirty finish because they emphasize its part of the "ring awareness" to kick out at 2 and a half because it takes up energy to kick out, so if no ref is counting there's no reason to kick.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
He didn't. Reigns was injured from the spear and may not have been medically cleared to continue with the match.

That was what I was thinking, but it might be too screwy even for WWE.

One thing I noticed was that Seth's victory tonight was more believable than when Roman lost the title from the MITB cash in. Roman just kinda stood there waiting for the next moment where Seth was more into it, slapping his knee, etc. Idk that stood out to me.

tri_willy

Cant wait to watch the ppv when i get back but it seemed like there were some absolute scenes!!! Still waiting for the triple turn that we deserve

Ambrose heel
Reign heel
Seffu Rollinsu face

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom