• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE Money In the Bank 2016 |OT| It's full of shredded newspaper

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReiGun

I don't know if the cash in was necessary if the end goal is a Shield triple threat. Roman could have used his rematch clause + Dean could have cashed in. Boom. Done.

But whatever. It was still good, if not predictable. I guess my main issue with the cash in is it took a little of the shine off Seth's win. Also, they totally spoiled it on Raw last week lol.

kirblar

That cash in didnt feel special, but Im just glad Rollins won too

Now, let's be honest. Reigns is getting his wim back and becoming 4x champ, right?
It's the Y2J in April of 2000 effect.

Dean's had two Dusty Finishes with the title already so this is the audience reacting after having been blue ball'd for at least 6 months.

Syder

Y'know, that would have been a perfect time to turn Roman heel.. have him interrupt Dean's pin. Vince hasn't given up on the Roman project.

They popped for the cash in. We'll see how the ratings look on Tuesday.

Rollins has been legitimized.

Buuuut only so Ambrose could get a pin.

Rollins is going to lose tomorrow night in a five minute match against Reigns to see who faces Ambrose at the next PPV.

Absolutely nobody is going to move ratings upward in a measurable way, long-term, ever again. Dean at least pops the live crowds when he comes out and gets something approaching the reaction he's supposed to be getting. Even if he has gotten ever more dogshit in the last two years.

justjim89

One of the greatest PPV endings in WWE history, so good. So perfectly done, and with all the right characters in the right places.

Seth hears Dean's music and turns to the ramp, ready to face him. He's got his title back, he's got his confidence back, and he's gonna fight Dean like a man. But Dean isn't about to give Seth the courtesy of a fair fight after all that Seth has done, so he jumps him from behind. As nuanced a character-building moment as we ever get in wrestling.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Dean really knows how to cut an image at the end of the match. He did it twice tonight and looked like a wrestling god.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
still can't believe how awesome that pedigree counter on a spear was. he makes the move look so shitty most of the time but that really was rad.

orioto

Good Art™
I like it

Dean isn't my favorite or anything but it's nice to see someone new get a run with the title.

Well new.. he was just the only remaining one of the shield with no belt. They've been pushed to the moon for 3 years. That's pretty linear.

Daniel Bryan KO'ing Cena to win is a clean win.

Roman getting hit on concrete, having docs look at him, having him shake it off, having him spear Rollins and have the audience count 3 while the ref is down, and then losing to a pedigree is not a clean win.

Barrage

That was great. Absolutely electric.

If you're already upset about your own hypothetical booking to Summerslam, kill yourself. Theres no more enjoyment on this earth for you.

bigkrev

My guess is that Ambrose wrestles someone like Jericho at the next PPV, who he can beat cleanly, and that Rollins and Reigns have a #1 Contenders match that ends up with a fuck finish so we get a Summerslam 3-way

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

Roman getting hit on concrete, having docs look at him, having him shake it off, having him spear Rollins and have the audience count 3 while the ref is down, and then losing to a pedigree is not a clean win.

I think their intention was to make it -not- look like a clean win but honestly they failed. Roman knocking himself out on a spear on the outside and the refs breaking it up so Seth couldn't throw him back in the ring just made it look like he was the one getting bailed out.

Fuck you you're not taking this away from us >_>. No one told Reigns to run into the damn barricade like the brute he is and no one told him to knock the ref out either. LOL.

Ambrose suuuuucks but I'm happy to because it trolls Reigns fans.

Can't believe he lost clean too. Already aborting that top guy prestige I see.

Gurrry

HOLY SHIT

Just got to the end.

I CANT BELIEVE THEY DID IT!!!!

IDK how to feel, but shit that was pretty bad ass. I feel like Seth is going babyface here, and Roman leaning more into the heel. He was wrestling like a nasty heel in that match and Rollins was total face.

Still though, holy shit. Cant believe Ambrose is champion.

MrNelson

Banned
As much as dislike Roman, how can any of you say that was a clean loss?

He had Seth down for at least a five count, reverse the roles and people would be complaining about how it was a fuck finish.

orioto

Good Art™
I guess the upper midcard has still no access to the main event with that little shield story. Hey they'll continue doing awesome and funny promos backstage for the next year, with no story whatsoever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom