• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE Money In the Bank 2016 |OT| It's full of shredded newspaper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Sunday SUNDAY SUNDAY

JUN 19 | 8 PM ET / 5 PM PT
T-MOBILE ARENA
LAS VEGAS, NV

It's time for yet another WWE PPV. This time it's Money in the Bank, which much like the Royal Rumble is centered around a signature match, which in this case is the Money in the Bank Ladder match, which rewards a briefcase that allegedly contains contract for a WWE World Heavyweight Championship match at the time of the holder's choosing. Typically this means they wait until the dude is beat up and then cash in and pin him while he's hurt. If anyone you like wins the briefcase, they will lose their cash in and be humiliated.

T6RR3mz.jpg

Main Event: Roman Reigns v. Seth Rollins

This is Seth-kun's first televised match and first 1v1 match since he returned at Extreme Rules by running up after the match and hitting Roman with a Pedigree. Despite the fan support for Seth, he is still solidly a face and goes for cheap heat, insulting the crowd at any time he's allowed. His motivation here is that he was stripped of the title when he was injured and Roman never beat him, therefore he believes he is the lineal champion. Possible swerves: Dean Ambrose threatened to win the briefcase and cash in on this match, or the winner. He'd have to win first.

kP3jpiP.jpg

AJ Styles v. John Cena

John Cena returned on Memorial Day to thunderous uh, noise and AJ Styles interrupted him to shake his hand. They were interrupted by what WWE calls the Club, and John Cena gets to call "Bullet Club" because he's Cena and what's Vince gonna do about it. AJ turned solidly heel by turning on Cena when the Club came to ringside. This has had a pretty good build that's been pretty meta (AJ told Cena that guys like him who lose to guys like Cena get buried in the WWE). Possible swerves: at the contract signing, AJ had a choice of a contract that would be a singles match and a contract of unspecified match type that would have Anderson and Gallows at ringside. He chose the singles match, but don't be surprised if shenanigans occur anyways.

T4yj9KP.jpg

Money in the Bank Ladder Match: Sami Zayn v. Kevin Owens v. Alberto Del Rio v. Dean Ambrose v. Chris Jericho v. Antonio Cesaro

The Money in the Bank Ladder match has been around for a long time ever since being invented by Jericho, who finally won it in the 6th running of the event in Appleton. It used to be run at WrestleMania, but now it has its own event. Before the brand split ended they'd run two of them, but now they run just one, even though the brand split is coming back. These are usually entertaining affairs and most of the guys in this match are good workers so this should be a good match. Possible swerves: Bray Wyatt interfered in the match for literally no reason whatsoever last year and he's been off of TV for almost 2 months due to an ankle injury, despite the fact that he's reportedly healthy and cleared. The build to this of course involved lots of 6 man tag matches.

The Rest of the Card:

P6z7v5H.jpg

Tag Title Fatal Four-Way: WWE Tag Team Champions The New Day vs. Luke Gallows & Karl Anderson vs. Enzo Amore & Big Cass vs. The Vaudevillains (Fatal 4-Way Match)[/U]

The Teddy Long match (no, really). Not much to say about it other than its what it says on the tin. Almost every permutation of these teams have fought each other on SD and Raw already.

jrVKnmm.jpg

U.S. Champion Rusev vs. Titus O'Neil

This is the match where we see if Vince has the stones to make Celebrity Father of the Year Titus O'Neill get squashed by a guy whose gimmick is hating America on Father's Day.

43QkTf3.jpg

WWE Women’s Champion Charlotte & Dana Brooke vs. Natalya & Becky Lynch

Charlotte dumped Ric Flair cruelly after the last PPV for being a bad father, and then everyone came to Ric's defense even though she cheated constantly with Ric's help. This is Dana's first PPV - she was promoted with her NXT gimmick of being Emma's lackey, but Emma underwent surgery for a back issue a week after Dana's promotion so she was put with Charlotte. It's a shaky team with a lot of friction, however. Becky and Natalya are playing completely straight baby-faces here who just think Charlotte is a jerk.

U0atqmB.jpg

Dolph Ziggler vs. Baron Corbin

This is the fifth time they've faced off, and the third straight PPV, but the only PPV in which they actually made the main card.

GtPsRIa.jpg

Apollo Crews vs. Sheamus

Sheamus is upset because Shane keeps calling this the "new era" and he lost to Zayn in the MITB qualifier, so he went backstage and beat up Apollo Crews.

There's a preshow of 2 matches as well, which are obviously just throw-away matches, but they are at least normally called by Mauro Ranallo, who is an actual good play-by-play guy.

dVsl9Rv.jpg

Preshow: The Lucha Dragons vs. The Dudley Boyz (Kickoff Match)

I believe this one is legitimately a random match out of thin air with no build.

7CoKkEx.jpg

Preshow: The Golden Truth vs. Breezango

Breezango is Tyler Breeze and Fandango doing a Zoolander-esque gimmick. Golden Truth is R-Truth and Goldust doing a very long burn gimmick about getting together as a tag team, but then turn out to lose a lot.

ngower

This is a pretty good card, to be honest. Can't wait to see how WWE ruin it!

Becky's turning heel tonight, right?

JTripper

Hmm that tag title match is way too good to be true. I need me a New Day/Enzo and Cass feud. The promos would be brilliant.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
This is a pretty good card, to be honest. Can't wait to see how WWE ruin it!

Becky's turning heel tonight, right?

I don't think there's much of an indication anything like that is happening. Sasha is still the most popular female wrestler, but she hasn't appeared on Raw in more than a "random match" capacity since WrestleMania. I guess she could randomly show up again like she did at Royal Rumble.

Angry Grimace

man the Finals going to game 7 has to be the worst thing that could happen to WWE for this. Who is the IC champ these days though?

The Miz. He's filming the Marine 5 and isn't around. Not kidding.

Angry Grimace

Game 7 doesn't matter because they don't operate off a traditional PPV system anymore.

ReiGun

I don't think there's much of an indication anything like that is happening. Sasha is still the most popular female wrestler, but she hasn't appeared on Raw in more than a "random match" capacity since WrestleMania. I guess she could randomly show up again like she did at Royal Rumble.

Did Sasha piss someone off backstage? Like you said, she's the most popular woman on the roster, but has been gone from TV for two months. I know Vince and co still believe they can only have one woman's segment per show, but have her only doing dark matches while this Charlotte/Natty feud is going on is weird.

TraBuch

Banned
Game 7, Preacher, Game of Thrones, Silicon Valley, Penny Dreadful finale, Money in the Bank.

Sorry, WWE. I'll see you tomorrow.

Angry Grimace

Did Sasha piss someone off backstage? Like you said, she's the most popular woman on the roster, but has been gone from TV for two months. I know Vince and co still believe they can only have one woman's segment per show, but have her only doing dark matches while this Charlotte/Natty feud is going on is weird.

They don't want her in back and forth feuds and from what I heard they want her to win the title at SummerSlam.

Almost tempted to check this out since ladder matches are usually always fun.

Styles/Cena should be hype but I can't bring myself to really care since AJ lost to Jericho at Mania and Reigns the next 2 PPVs. There is no way TNA's golden boy is going to beat WWE's golden boy.

*Shrug* Who knows or cares?

EDIT: Oh right, the Miz so...

Who cares?

I CARE.

Miz is MVP of WWE.

Tall4Life

She's been dealing with a concussion she got from a ref. I think she might have had another injury before that as well. Otherwise, they just don't have anything for her right now, but I think she'll be back in the title picture very soon.

Shadow780

She'll be there when it's time to put Dana Brooke over.

Angry Grimace

Dean winning does set up the triple threat match everyone wants at summer slam but Owens with the briefcase would be pure gold

Del Rio would make no sense so he's the overwhelming favorite on a poll they did on reddit.

Razorskin

----- ------
Vince is going to have "Father of the year" Titus O'Neil get squashed on Father's Day with his kids in the front row. I can already picture him in the back laughing his ass off.

Vince is going to have "Father of the year" Titus O'Neil get squashed on Father's Day with his kids in the front row. I can already picture him in the back laughing his ass off.

Tbh that would be funny and could set up the Mania Titus/Vince match to see whose the better father. The entire match is just Titus submitting Shane's KOTR match as evidence against Vince and it ends with Shane being adopted by Titus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom