• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE Money In the Bank 2016 |OT| It's full of shredded newspaper

Status
Not open for further replies.
it's GLOBAL entertainment vs a boring ass sport popular in MAYBE 20 cities in the whole world, including some of the worst shitholes in america
It's not global yet but I get your point. What kills tonight's PPV than the game is the scripted part. I bet there's already spoilers for the card.

I'll be watching both so I'll be here posting along with you. Cheers!!

imBask

Banned
It's not global yet but I get your point. What kills tonight's PPV than the game is the scripted part. I bet there's already spoilers for the card.

I'll be watching both so I'll be here posting along with you. Cheers!!

i'm glad we'll be enjoying this incredible PPV together, friend

Babyshams

MITB is a major PPV. It's been bigger than Survivor Series for years. Money in the Bank is, in fact, the fourth biggest PPV they do.

To me the only big shows are Summerslam, Wrestlemania and Royal Rumble, but only for the rumble not the other matches in the PPV it seems.

Edit: Just to clarify I just don't see the traditional big four as the big shows anymore. I will say that maybe MITB qualifies strictly because of the MITB ladder match being like a royal rumble. Being that the winner is automatically in main event picture.

that's not how taste works on the internet, you gotta push your taste onto others until they cave in

2ErLP48.jpg

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Jericho is the only guy in that group besides KO who is worth a damn on the mic. The only one who has made watching the segments in recent weeks entertaining. And no, he's not going to drag the match down. He may not be as quick as he once was, but he's still good. If ANYONE is going to drag the match down it's Ambrose. Jericho at his old age is still 1000x better than Ambrose at wrestling. Btw, Del Rio sucks too.

I think Sami's underrated. He's not KO, but he's completely passable on the mic. He's just taller Daniel Bryan that hasn't had enough time to build up Bryan's goodwill.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
To me the only big shows are Summerslam, Wrestlemania and Royal Rumble, but only for the rumble not the other matches in the PPV it seems.

Edit: Just to clarify I just don't see the traditional big four as the big shows anymore. I will say that maybe MITB qualifies strictly because of the MITB ladder match being like a royal rumble. Being that the winner is automatically in main event picture.

I didn't mean it just in terms of impact: it really is the fourth most popular one.

FWIW, I like Rumble, but Royal Rumble and WrestleMania are events I like less in some ways than MITB and SummerSlam because SummerSlam and MITB are less focused on appealing to lapsed fans with big nostalgia pops.

Jericho is the only guy in that group besides KO who is worth a damn on the mic. The only one who has made watching the segments in recent weeks entertaining. And no, he's not going to drag the match down. He may not be as quick as he once was, but he's still good. If ANYONE is going to drag the match down it's Ambrose. Jericho at his old age is still 1000x better than Ambrose at wrestling. Btw, Del Rio sucks too.

oVLwJDp.gif

UberTag

This and game 7. OOOOOH, Sunday restored.
I've seen the latest MITB odds. I'm not impressed.
Will watch Game 7 and scope out the Cena vs. Styles match afterwards.

Even without those the match outcomes are rather obvious. Because the WWE is super predictable.

you could say that WWE is in a holding pattern until the brand split, but they're always in a holding pattern because they suck
This guy gets it.

I've seen the latest MITB odds. I'm not impressed.
Will watch Game 7 and scope out the Cena vs. Styles match afterwards.

Even without those the match outcomes are rather obvious. Because the WWE is super predictable.

This guy gets it.

I hear you. I am actually really excited for this card. AJ and Cena is my most anticipated match in a long time. Rollins just coming back to wrestle is amazing. Plus, the MitB match should be great. I suspect either Dean or Owens winning.

Velcro Fly

Who is going to come out and try to interfere for Seth

Because we can't have a night where Roman doesn't overcome the odds and look strong

Seijuro

I'm also in for the main events.

MiTB Match should be good as the participants are all very good workers and I like all of them. Dean winning could bring us an interesting dynamic with Rollins and Reigns and could lead to a Shield triple threat at Summerslam. Sami and Owens would be my next choices since they both deserve the main event. But knowing WWE it will probably be Del Rio.

AJ/Cena should be a great match and hopefully will get enough time. I don't expect Cena to loose, but AJ lost at the last 3 PPVs.... so probably AJ w/ Club screwing over Cena. If Cena loses, AJ and Cena will probably be on the same brand after the split since Cena will get his loss back.

Rollins/Reigns should be a great match. Rollins is an awesome worker and hopefully has not lost a step. Reigns also delivers in big matches with the right opponent. I hope/expect this match to be as good as his matches against AJ. I will root for Rollins, but no way in hell will Reigns lose that belt. Reigns wins clean with Superman-Punch.

Angry Grimace

Randy Orton, Bray Wyatt and his entire Family could be back at any time. There's also the issue of Finn Balor and the Bullet Club (which I doubt will be a part of MITB), which they've been referencing a lot on NXT, but never once mentioned on the main roster.

thequestion

roman beating rollins clean. despite this, they will feud for 2 more ppvs. roman will win clean at them all.

cena will beat aj clean, but dont worry aj is not being buried because at least he was competitive in his loss. he will lose two more times on ppv to cena, and continue to not win on ppv for the foreseeable future

del rio wins mitb because lol swerve no one saw it coming

Lol. Funny, but true. Why do I continue to watch this shit? Why?

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
I'm also in for the main events.

MiTB Match should be good as the participants are all very good workers and I like all of them. Dean winning could bring us an interesting dynamic with Rollins and Reigns and could lead to a Shield triple threat at Summerslam. Sami and Owens would be my next choices since they both deserve the main event. But knowing WWE it will probably be Del Rio.

I would love to see that.

toilet

Banned
Get out your umbrellas because it's gonna be cloudy with a good chance of Reign!
I'll get the chant started. Lets go Cena!

Angry Grimace

I mean, they keep calling this the "greatest Money in the Bank ever" but one of these had Chick Magnet Punk beating John Cena for the title in the wake of the whole pipebomb/contract thing, in his hometown, and ended with Punk running away from a cash-in through the crowd while Vince made despondent faces.

Oersted

I mean, they keep calling this the "greatest Money in the Bank ever" but one of these had Chick Magnet Punk beating John Cena for the title in the wake of the whole pipebomb/contract thing, in his hometown, and ended with Punk running away from a cash-in through the crowd while Vince made despondent faces.

Is CM Punk still canon?

They're trying to promote their show. Every PPV is going to be the biggest and most important one ever.

UberTag

They called this year's WrestleMania the biggest and greatest of all-time despite half the roster being injured and their decision to hastily retcon the results of almost every match stipulation the very next night. Simply put... they're overselling the show by lying so they can get people to sign up for the Network. And, truth be told, if someone lacks historical perspective, they might actually think this is the "greatest Money in the Bank ever". Not all of us were watching in 2011.

NastyBook

Phenomenal Forearm into AA FTL and the return of the springboard stunner.

Or AJ wins tonight and then loses two B2B at the next PPVs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom