• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE Network |OT| $9.99 PPVs, that's gonna put some butts in the seats

Vault
  • Prime Time Wrestling
Prime Time Wrestling 63 - 05/12/1986
  • Tuesday Night Titans
Episode 10 - 08/27/1984
  • 12 Days Of Attitude
Stocking Stuffer - 12/21/2014
Eggnog for All - 12/21/2014
Christmas Kat - 12/21/2014
Smackdown Pilot - 12/21/2014

Looks like the "Stocking Stuffer" and "Eggnog for All" stuff is just clips of Christmas Attitude Era stuff but the "Smackdown Pilot" is the REAL first episode of Smackdown now available. Hopefully they'll eventually shuffle it into the actual Smackdown category.

It's been almost a year and the content that's NOT on WWE Network is amazing. The fact they don't have at least every Raw and Smackdown up by now is unbelievable.

I don't understand the slow trickle of content. It's a fucking on demand service. Put it all up.

JavyOO7

Down as in being a piece of shit that freezes up constantly even though you have a great internet connection and nothing else going on at your house? Yes. That's the norm.

The player is still weak after almost a year. The only reason it plays well for me I think its because I upgraded to 50 mbps a few months ago on an ethernet connection. Yet my 100 mbps on campus plays the WWEN like a slide show. Sucks.

I mean as I'm trying to get on right now and all I'm getting is a white page.

I could not get the network loading on Firefox all day so I've switched to IE11. Thankfully its working good so far. /knock on wood

On campus with the 100 mbps I didn't like the performance on chrome so I went to FF. Was working just fine until this morning. I'll have to trouble shoot to see what's going on in FF and Chrome when it comes to flash.

When it comes to video player tech, not sure why the WWE Network development team doesn't ape the Netflix player...

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
In Ring
Wwe Nxt
Episode 256 - 12/25/2014
Wwe Superstars
Episode 298 - 12/25/2014
Vault
12 Days Of Attitude
Eat Lightning, Crap Thunder - 12/25/2014
Raw 238 - 12/25/2014
Very Terri Christmas - 12/25/2014

It'd be really nice if they had a Chronological Timeline feature where it had all the events from all promotions queued up by their original airdate. So you could start anywhere on the timeline, knowing exactly where the show fit in with various events and watch.

There could even have the timeline blocked off into 'Golden Era' 'New Generation' 'Attitude Era' 'Monday Night War', etc.

But no, instead we have to navigate their horrible menus and dig deep into various options to find the year selection for one single event.

Watching the Cruiserweight episode of Monday Night War. I'm cracking up at how they're trying to make pre-Flock Billy Kidman look like he was an actual star instead of the total jobber he was.

EDIT: They interviewed MIKEY WHIPWRECK of all people for this? The guy who was in WCW 1999 for about 5 months and barely ever on TV?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Original
Total Divas
The House Sitters - 04/27/2014
Flirting with Fandango - 05/04/2014
In Ring
Wwe Nxt
Episode 257 - 01/01/2015
Wwe Superstars
Episode 299 - 01/01/2015
Vault
12 Days Of Attitude
Classy Ol St. Nick - 12/30/2014
Because HBK Said So - 12/30/2014
Raw 360 - 12/30/2014
Raw 316 - 12/30/2014

One day I'll read one of these updates and it'll be like;

Mid-South Wrestling - 100+ episodes

But not today. Sigh. At least continue with upping the WCCW episodes, or chuck a whole bunch of classic MSG shows and house shows on there. I guess that content is the least watched, though, judging from the infrequency with which they upload it. Obviously not a high priority.

strobogo

Banned
One day I'll read one of these updates and it'll be like;

Mid-South Wrestling - 100+ episodes

But not today. Sigh. At least continue with upping the WCCW episodes, or chuck a whole bunch of classic MSG shows and house shows on there. I guess that content is the least watched, though, judging from the infrequency with which they upload it. Obviously not a high priority.

Maybe that stuff is the least watch because people want to binge watch shit in order and not random episodes, sometimes years apart, without the big shows to go along with them.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Having things in order is one of the MOST IMPORTANT things with old legacy content.

strobogo

Banned
Having things in order is one of the MOST IMPORTANT things with old legacy content.

I'd say it's THE most important thing besides the actual content of the...content. The updating of AE stuff is most bogus. That's the main thing in all of their advertising and they have I think 2 episodes from 1997, maybe 6 from 1998, all months apart, 1 or 2 in 1999, then they started uploading Smackdown in order (without the accompanying Raws) and then just stopped. It's a shit show and I don't regret cancelling at all.

nukedawg

Banned
I'm just thrilled to death that they finally have Prime Time Wrestling on there. I missed the Heenan/Monsoon banter so much.

OLD SCHOOL - MGS - MARCH 17, 1975

First thing I've noticed is just how into EVERYTHING the crowd are. I guess 'different times' and all that, but they're behind every Babyface and shitting on every Heel. It's nice to see the wrestlers react and antagonise the crowd too.

In-ring ability is mainly brawling with a few bodyslams, but I enjoyed the open Chief Strongbow/Vachon match despite the lack of anything really happening. It was little more than two wrestlers reacting to each other and working the crowd/ref, but it was fun to watch. Strongbow's skin made him look like a 300 year old zombie though.

I had no idea just how into Sammartino people were, the crowd are going nuts for him. Italian flags everywhere. He's stomping away on the his opponent and stops, realising it's a bit of a dick thing to be doing. He looks to crowd who cheer him on in approval... so he continues. Nice.
I think Classie Freddie Blasie has always been a 100 year old man.

Ivan Putski v Wolfman is odd. Wolfman legit looks like he might be dragged out of a forest. Ivan Putski looks like a huge slab of meat. POLISH POWER! Putski's neck is insane. It ends with this match, which is just another match of 2 guys working the crowd. POLISH POWAAAAH!!!

Hasney

9cNnDAV.jpg

I'll re-sub to the US version if I can just use it without IUnblock US or similar now though.

I'm betting the extra is to let Murdoch have his piece of the pie.

http://i.imgur.com/9cNnDAV.jpg[img]

I'll re-sub to the US version if I can just use it without IUnblock US or similar now though.

I'm betting the extra is to let Murdoch have his piece of the pie.[/QUOTE]

I'm just glad I don't need Sky in any capacity. I'm happy to pay a little more than the US to avoid messing with VPNs and use the network on my various devices anywhere. For the back catalogue alone it's worth it as I love watching old ppvs. Royal Rumble without needing Sky? WOO HOO!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Original
Wwe Countdown
Biggest Crybabies - 01/05/2015
In Ring
Raw Replays
Every Yes You Take - 11/24/2014
And I Quote - 12/01/2014
Raw Pre Show
Pre-Show to Raw #1128 - 01/05/2015

Wait...

Today I learned that WWE Raw Episodes have... titles. Not titles that wrestlers compete for, but actual Episodic TV Titles. I think I know which titles the WWE puts more effort into writing for too.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The original season of Tough Enough from 2000 is being added to the Network on Monday.

I saw that heading. Good to know it's the original instead of the 'revived' one, though there's some gems in that season as well.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Tough Enough is up, friends.

Original
Wwe Quick Hits
Car Crashes Video Montage - 01/12/2015
Jake the Snake - Victim of - 01/12/2015
Slick Jive Soul Bro Video - 01/12/2015
Adrian Neville Homecoming - 01/12/2015
Formation of the Kliq - 01/12/2015
Tough Enough
Are You Tough Enough? - 06/21/2001
Down and Dirty - 06/28/2001
The Rules of The Game - 07/05/2001
The Billionaire Princess - 07/12/2001
Mr. Patterson Comes To Dinner - 07/19/2001
A Walk on the Wild Side - 07/26/2001
Bahamas or Bust - 08/02/2001
A Simple Twist of Fate - 08/09/2001
Yales Number One - 08/16/2001
Have a Nice Day - 08/23/2001
Lessons From The Road - 08/30/2001
Beware of Rattlesnakes - 09/20/2001
And the Winner Is - 09/27/2001

WWE should start airing un televised house shows that were never seen before. Like when Bret Hart and Diesel won the titles.

WWF Superstars, WWF Challenege and WCW Saturday Night must go up as well.

Will we also get ECW on TNN?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
WWE should start airing un televised house shows that were never seen before. Like when Bret Hart and Diesel won the titles.

They dipped their toes into it with the "WWE Old School" shows and they're interesting. I don't think the demand is there, but we will see more someday.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Rivalries is the only original show on the Network I like and they only seem to update it once every 2-3 weeks. The overall update schedule or lack thereof is actually rather maddening.

foltzie1

Rivalries is the only original show on the Network I like and they only seem to update it once every 2-3 weeks. The overall update schedule or lack thereof is actually rather maddening.

I suspect its a budget/resource thing. Someone has to produce these shows and they are already producing 8 hours of content a week, now filming all live events, and producing these side projects.

Nice, now that the WWE Network is officially launched in the UK I can watch stuff without a proxy. The best part is I'm still only being charged $9.99.

empyrean

Nice, now that the WWE Network is officially launched in the UK I can watch stuff without a proxy. The best part is I'm still only being charged $9.99.

its launched on the 19th isn't it? I've tried to signup to an american subscription via the chrome extension hola! but it doesn't seem to work :(

empyrean

Think they must have as i can't signup in UK and the USA hola! extension won't work :(

Update: They seem to have enabled uk signups.

JavyOO7

Original
Monday Night War
Life After Wartime - 01/13/2015

I believe that's it for the MNW doc, maggle! The last few docs were hilarious with some outstanding quotes from the folks who brought WCW to its knees (Russo, Bischoff, Nash and Hogan). The doc would continually repeat itself and obviously its super-pro WWE but its fine for what it was.

Network needs more original stuff like this though. Rivalries is great but doesn't get updated too much.

Zach

Still waiting on those '97 Nitros/RAWs. Or, like, all of WCW Saturday Night. I'd probably watch some of that. You know, it'd be kind of dumb for WWE not to put up the '97 Nitros before WrestleMania if Sting will be a-wrasslin' then. Just a thought.

Anyway, for those who watched the entire Monday Night War documentary thing: 1 to 10?

Anyway, for those who watched the entire Monday Night War documentary thing: 1 to 10?
6. They repeat stuff too damn much and I was disappointed that it wasn't a series where they went through things in order. I thought the nWo episode was the start of something then they just started to jump around to different time periods for every episode after. There was really no flow to it at all.

Top Bottom