• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE Network |OT| $9.99 PPVs, that's gonna put some butts in the seats

empyrean

Just managed to signup in the uk and its all working fine, damn the interface makes it difficult to find what you want though :(.

Would be nice to have some playlists too that intersperse the PPVs in-between the regular shows of raw for example when they should happen.

Zach

6. They repeat stuff too damn much and I was disappointed that it wasn't a series where they went through things in order. I thought the nWo episode was the start of something then they just started to jump around to different time periods for every episode after. There was really no flow to it at all.

Sounds really bad. :(

Yeah the Monday Night War thing felt like they had cut up the original Monday Night War DVD, jumbled up the continuity and threw the narrative out of the window. It's still worth a watch, but don't watch them back-to-back, as they do repeat a lot of story.

It's like several different view points of the same event over and over again.

I probably would have kept subscribing to the Network if MNW wasn't so mishandled. Without that or access to a lot of the more interesting TV content I just don't care enough to pay every month.

DMczaf

Pretty sure someone could recut the entire MNW series into a 2-3 hour program with the amount of repeated content they used. I saw that god damn Vince Russo photo scroll across the screen like 56 times.

I can now access the network in the UK without using a VPN which is handy. Still paying ~£6.50 through Paypal, I don't understand why anyone from the UK wouldn't just use a US address and pay less.

Hasney

strobogo

Banned
eventually i hope for Raw and smackdown from the 90s to be up and there to be playlists of the year so say 1999 then have heat then raw etc then ppv and so on

I wouldn't count on that. It took them 9 months just to add a recently watched feature.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
In Ring
Wwe Nxt
Episode 259 - 01/15/2015
Original
Total Divas
What Happens in Cabo - 05/18/2014

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
There should be a random button.

I'll watch anything half the time.

Kind of is with their live channel. It makes a choice for me whenever I don't know wtf I want to watch, but I want to watch wrestling. It's a great thing.

empyrean

I never watched wcw so am watching the Monday night wars series. Really enjoying it so far, making me want to go watch wcw from the beginning (I say beginning but when should i start? First episode of nitro? (If they have it)) as it looks decent.

I never watched wcw so am watching the Monday night wars series. Really enjoying it so far, making me want to go watch wcw from the beginning (I say beginning but when should i start? First episode of nitro? (If they have it)) as it looks decent.

It's a good to place to start! I wouldn't say it was a reboot for WCW, as there are story lines happening that started before Nitro. However, it's a natural point in time where WCW changes, they attempt to educated the new folks tuning in on what's happened before, and what's going to happen going forward.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Interesting new head of content for WWE Network. I don't know what this will end up meaning, which means things COULD get worse, but we'll see.

WWE® Promotes Lisa Fox Lee

STAMFORD, CONN. — WWE (NYSE:WWE) has promoted Lisa Fox Lee to Executive Vice President, Content, reporting directly to WWE Chairman & CEO Vince McMahon.

In this newly created position, Lee will be a key member of the company’s senior management team and oversee the strategic development and distribution of WWE programming and content across all platforms, including TV, WWE Network, WWE.com, WWE App and social media, where WWE has 450 million global fans and followers. In addition, Lee will oversee WWE’s Creative Writing team with all TV creative continuing to run through Vince McMahon and WWE Executive Vice President, Paul Levesque.

Lee is a seasoned television and media executive who has served in various positions during her 19-year career with WWE, including her most recent title as Senior Vice President, Network Programming. She has also held roles in Television Production, Programming, Business Strategy and Sponsorship Sales.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Vault
Tuesday Night Titans
Episode 16 - 12/03/1984
In Ring
Smackdown Replays
TLC... and S, Oh My! - 12/12/2014

empyrean

So watched the first 2 Nitros for the first time ever. Bischoff is just plain annoying as a commentator, all he keeps doing is banging on about 'the competition' repeatedly, i assume he just keeps doing it forever? Other than that enjoying it so far, some decent matches and enjoying watching some wrestling again, love me a drop toe hold and an abdominal stretch!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
So watched the first 2 Nitros for the first time ever. Bischoff is just plain annoying as an announcer, all he keeps doing is banging on about 'the competition' repeatedly, i assume he just keeps doing it forever? Other than that enjoying it so far, some decent matches and enjoying watching some wrestling again, love me a drop toe hold and an abdominal stretch!

Until they start winning the ratings handily. Then it's more off-hand. Bischoff's really the only one who keeps drilling that point home, once he's off commentary things sort of improve. I really like Schiavone.

So watched the first 2 Nitros for the first time ever. Bischoff is just plain annoying as a commentator, all he keeps doing is banging on about 'the competition' repeatedly, i assume he just keeps doing it forever? Other than that enjoying it so far, some decent matches and enjoying watching some wrestling again, love me a drop toe hold and an abdominal stretch!

Bischoff starts laying off as it goes into 1996. Once the nWo starts, he's totally stopped.

strobogo

Banned
Bischoff was a terrible, terrible announcer. Some of the times he sat in while in the nWo were better than when he was the actual announcer. And he had a short run in 1999 as a reformed face announcer and was somehow dramatically worse than he was pre-heel turn. He's likely the worst lead announcer of any major show from a major promotion.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Vault
Old School
Hulk Hogan Wins WWE - 01/23/1984
Original
Wwe Beyond The Ring
Hulk Hogan Unreleased - 11/17/2009

Surprised to see a new Old School up. 2 hour show, the one where Hoggins beat Iron Sheik.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Oh more WCW content

Sorta

Wwe Beyond The Ring
The Rise and Fall of WCW - 11/15/2004
In Ring
Raw Replays
Ho-Ho-Hogan - 12/22/2014
Wwe Superstars
Episode 302 - 01/23/2015

Zach

Bischoff was a terrible, terrible announcer. Some of the times he sat in while in the nWo were better than when he was the actual announcer. And he had a short run in 1999 as a reformed face announcer and was somehow dramatically worse than he was pre-heel turn. He's likely the worst lead announcer of any major show from a major promotion.
Stro with the back leg round kick on Bischoff.

Lol. Someone fucked up and put the release date of Rise and Fall of WCW as November 15, 2004 on WWE Network. That's the release date for Rise and Fall of ECW. Rise and Fall of WCW came out on August 25, 2009.

Question from a Canadian, can't subscribe to Rogers where I live in Canada but can I subscribe to the USA version and just watch on my browser by switching IP (like what I do now for Netflix USA)? Anyone else try doing this? Any help would be appreciated

Question from a Canadian, can't subscribe to Rogers where I live in Canada but can I subscribe to the USA version and just watch on my browser by switching IP (like what I do now for Netflix USA)? Anyone else try doing this? Any help would be appreciated

Hey, I signed up from Canada when the service launched.

I primarily use my PS3/PS4 by switching my IP (as I also do for Netflix, the Bridge season 2 is on UK netflix now!!!)

If I recall correctly first step was setting up an account on WWE.com. For that I just randomly picked an address in nearby Portland Maine and looked up the zip code. I then set up recurring payments with paypal.

From there you should be all good on PC. The biggest hurdle for me was realizing I needed to create a new PSN account with an American address. Using that profile I was able to download the WWE app from the Playstation store. Once downloaded I switched back to my original profile and can now access the app from whichever account.

It's worked just fine for me since then.

Edit: Actually, I think the IP switching is unnecessary, at least it is after you're all set up as the WWE Network continues to work when I've changed my Netflix region to Canada, the UK, etc...

JavyOO7

Original
Wwe Quick Hits
Today is a Gift (1 Min) - 01/12/2015
Finger Poke of doom (2 Min) - 01/12/2015
John Cenas Right Now (4 Min) - 01/12/2015
Happy Fourth of July (2 Min) - 01/12/2015
Macho Wedding Outfits (1 Min) - 01/12/2015
Uncategorized
CHANGED - Network Interstitials - 01/25/2015
In Ring
Smackdown Replays
Episode 5 - 09/22/1999
Episode 7 - 10/06/1999
Episode 11 - 11/03/1999
Episode 13 - 11/17/1999
Episode 14 - 11/24/1999
Episode 16 - 12/08/1999
Episode 19 - 12/29/1999
Episode 21 - 01/12/2000
Sioux City Showdown - 12/26/2014
Raw Replays
Episode 159 - 05/13/1996
Episode 160 - 05/20/1996
Vault
Tuesday Night Titans
Episode 12 - 10/15/1984
Episode 13 - 10/29/1984
Episode 17 - 12/17/1984
Episode 21 - 01/31/1985
Episode 22 - 02/14/1985
Episode 23 - 02/21/1985
Episode 24 - 02/28/1985
Episode 25 - 03/07/1985
Episode 26 - 03/14/1985
Episode 27 - 03/21/1985
Episode 28 - 03/24/1985
Episode 29 - 04/04/1985
Episode 30 - 04/18/1985
Episode 32 - 05/02/1985
Episode 33 - 05/09/1985
Episode 34 - 05/16/1985
Episode 35 - 05/23/1985
Episode 36 - 05/30/1985
Episode 37 - 06/06/1985
Episode 38 - 06/20/1985
Episode 39 - 06/27/1985
Episode 40 - 07/04/1985

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
In Ring
Wwe Nxt
Episode 261 - 01/28/2015
Original
Total Divas
Wedding Mania - 06/01/2014

knkng

The online version of the Network just launched in Canada, at least for PCs.

$11.99/month. http://www.wwe.com/canada.

Just heard about this today. I was wondering if anybody out there who has the Rogers subscription (if these people actually exist) could answer a couple questions:

1. When you log onto the site with the Rogers sub, do you get access to the full (US version) library, or is it some gimped "Canadian version" with limited content?

2. Is it possible to just pay Rogers the $12/month and get the access key, or do they actually expect to you buy $80 cable packages etc.?

GRW810

I'm about to sign up for the free trial but it's asking me for payment method and stating that billing starts March 1st. Does this mean I'm committing to a month's paid subscription on March 1st or can I cancel/de-select auto renew and just enjoy the free month?

Carnby

I'm about to sign up for the free trial but it's asking me for payment method and stating that billing starts March 1st. Does this mean I'm committing to a month's paid subscription on March 1st or can I cancel/de-select auto renew and just enjoy the free month?

You can cancel anytime. It's just like anything else, they want a payment method in case you forget to cancel.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Original
This Week In Wwe
Episode 314 - 01/31/2015
In Ring
Raw Replays
Totally Reeking of RAWesomeness - 12/29/2014
Wwe Main Event Replays
CHANGED - Episode 120 - 01/13/2015
Wwe Superstars
CHANGED - Episode 303 - 01/30/2015

GRW810

Well I signed up and spent over three hours watching all sorts of stuff. It's 4am and I've got to get up in three hours.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Just signed up and couldn't find any of the old Saturday morning WWF Superstars. Are these even on the network yet?

Old wrestling is so good. Its amazng how the wrestlers were so good at playing characters. They realy have so much more charisma and in ring pressance than today. Matches are well paced with starting out with holds and than progress into bigger moves. I also love how wrestlers pander to the crowd. Todays matches are all over the placed and choreographed.

Messier75

Neo Member
Check out the Black History Month section under the Vault. They added a bunch of old Mid South shows and wrestler profiles. Cool stuff.

Top Bottom