• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE Payback 2000 |OT| Featuring The Hardy Boyz and Papa Roach

Status
Not open for further replies.
Being a great wrestler requires being over (she doesn't get booed to any meaningful extent) and having good matches (she doesn't).

Everyone knows why Reigns is where he is. The fact you're getting up in arms about the fact the same applies to Bliss is some hilarious white knighting.

Lol white knighting.

I'm a woman bro.

Raw64life

Bliss is the full package.

That would have to include being a good wrestler, which she is not, so no.

Smarks love heels, even the ladies. Inevitably when Alexa becomes a face she'll be abandoned.

Can't see Bayley ever being a good heel, but Sasha's promos were definitely better as a heel.

I still remember how badly Bayley and Sasha were both hung out to dry by the awful writing a few weeks back where Stephanie was trying to convince Bayley to relinquish the title because she didn't win fairly and both of them were not allowed to bring up that Charlotte cheats to win all the time for some reason. It made both of them look like total dumbasses.

Because Becky Lynch is just oh so ugly, right?

DismalAcademicFirebelliedtoad.gif

You can't hear her voice in this .gif though. This won't fly with Kevin Dunn.

Lynch is an awful talker.

That's why she isn't pushed as much, you dweeb.

She isn't though. It's very rare for babyfaces in WWE to actually get positive reactions in promos and she usually does. The crowd always reacts to her warmly.

The other champion is a black woman.

Oh yeah, my b. Give it a few weeks. Easy to forget she still has it with Charlotte as the new top woman on Smackdown

Syder

It's pro fucking wrestling and it's Vince McMahon.

Strowman is only where he's at because of his body. Same for Bliss. That isn't sexism, it's common sense.
You said 'sexually attractive' though. So you've changed your point from hot people get pushed to athletes/muscular people get pushed? Isn't that kind of the antithesis of your original point?

GunBR

Bliss is far closer to the Vince McMahon archetype for women than Lynch, Sasha or Bayley.

I guess it's a coincidence we have two blonde gymnasts as champions.
Naomi is the SD champ

If you're talking about Charlotte, she's the best on the ring and on the mic of all division, both brands. That's why she will be the champ againin the near future
Alexa is the second best one on the mic and the crowd likes her, that's why she's a champ now.

And you're just talking a bunch of dumb stuff just because you don't like her

Jopie

Bliss is far closer to the Vince McMahon archetype for women than Lynch, Sasha or Bayley.

I guess it's a coincidence we have two blonde gymnasts as champions.

Yeah probably has nothing to do with the fact that she talks circles around everyone else in the division and could make an interview with a mop interesting. Her facial expressions and random taunts tell a better story than most of the roster.

Tall4Life

Being a great wrestler requires being over (she doesn't get booed to any meaningful extent) and having good matches (she doesn't).

Everyone knows why Reigns is where he is. The fact you're getting up in arms about the fact the same applies to Bliss is some hilarious white knighting.

Literally no one gets the reaction they're supposed to in modern wrestling save for like, The Miz and Charlotte. That's a moot point. I still consider AJ Styles a fucking awesome wrestler even if he's not getting booed, that's ridiculous.

And the fact that you're chalking up my entire argument to white knighting is hilarious. I could give two shits if I even meet Alexa in real life, I'm defending her because she is a good wrestler, beyond her "sexual attractiveness". I can defend a woman as a normal, sensible human being without "white knighting" her, in case you didn't know.

You said 'sexually attractive' though. So you've changed your point from hot people get pushed to athletes/muscular people get pushed? Isn't that kind of the antithesis of your original point?

Reigns is pushed as the top babyface cos they think women will swoon over him. It's no different. It's a cosmetic business especially with McMahon.

ReiGun

The other champion is a non-white woman. That's quite outside the Vince McMahon archetype for women. She also won the belt off Alexa.

Beat Alexa clean like 3 or 4 times clean in a row too.

And we all know Naomi, a dark skinned Black woman, ain't anywhere near the usual archetype for a WWE Women's champ.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Naomi being the weirdly over champ is kind of awesome. They're starting to actually push a bunch of people in the division instead of just Four Horsewoman Ad Nauseum.

Literally no one gets the reaction they're supposed to in modern wrestling save for like, The Miz and Charlotte. That's a moot point. I still consider AJ Styles a fucking awesome wrestler even if he's not getting booed, that's ridiculous.

And the fact that you're chalking up my entire argument to white knighting is hilarious. I could give two shits if I even meet Alexa in real life, I'm defending her because she is a good wrestler, beyond her "sexual attractiveness". I can defend a woman as a normal, sensible human being without "white knighting" her, in case you didn't know.

She isn't a good wrestler compared to the other women in the company. She's perfectly acceptable as a wrestler. She's not overly bad. But her extreme push and being a heel who wins clean over babyfaces that really need protecting is because of her physical appearance. That's why they're pushing her so hard. That's why they push Reigns, that's why they push Strowman. Denying this is just being overly defensive and afraid to acknowledge she has inherent advantages in WWE.

She's nowhere near as good as Lynch in the ring. Yet look how much more she's pushed.

It's entirely down to her physical appearance.

WTF. First, all of the female wrestlers are attractive in some way so your point is mute. Second, Alexa is one of the best talkers in the company. Third, it's not all about the actual wrestling in the ring, it's about the characters and what the talent do with them. Alexa is a more interesting and exciting character than the other women right now.

Syder

Reigns is pushed as the top babyface cos they think women will swoon over him. It's no different. It's a cosmetic business especially with McMahon.
You completely misunderstand why Roman is a Vince guy. They don't push dudes because of the female demographic.
KuGsj.gif

Pretty much every point you've made has a counter-example. Maybe reassess why you hate things so much.

Raw64life

Naomi being the weirdly over champ is kind of awesome. They're starting to actually push a bunch of people in the division instead of just Four Horsewoman Ad Nauseum.

She's been there a long time and got her new entrance and "feel the glow" stuff over.

While I still wouldn't call her a good wrestler, she's gone from bad to average, which is still improvement. I can't say the same for Bliss.

Is that Bruno Sammartino's messed up ear sitting infront?

That's Kevin Dunn's ear. That's what happened to it after he heard Becky's voice.

You completely misunderstand why Roman is a Vince guy. They don't push dudes because of the female demographic.
KuGsj.gif

Pretty much every point you've made has a counter-example. Maybe reassess why you hate things so much.

Yeah I'm sure Cena and Orton being the most pushed guys of the last 15 years has nothing to do with them both being really good looking.

It's not EXCLUSIVELY the reason, but pretending the physical appearance and sex appeal is irrelevant is just top class bullshit.

She isn't a good wrestler compared to the other women in the company. She's perfectly acceptable as a wrestler. She's not overly bad. But her extreme push and being a heel who wins clean over babyfaces that really need protecting is because of her physical appearance. That's why they're pushing her so hard. That's why they push Reigns, that's why they push Strowman. Denying this is just being overly defensive and afraid to acknowledge she has inherent advantages in WWE.
She doesn't win clean. She cheated constantly to beat Becky, she got the sneak pin on Sasha by pinning her after someone else attacked her and targeted Bayley's face and shoved her roughly into the turnbuckle to damage her head for the DDT.

Ithil

Reigns is pushed because WWE operate via "on paper" expectations instead of dealing with reality. He ticks their boxes on the big list of dumbass requirements, so they push him on the assumption that meeting their requirements means he's going to get over and become a megastar, in spite of all reality saying that isn't the case.

Bliss is an average at best wrestler, but she is an excellent personality and talker (something Reigns is the opposite of), something currently lacking among the women as a whole. That means she has something many others in the women's roster don't. Yes, she's attractive, but so are all the women they have.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
She's been there a long time and got her new entrance and "feel the glow" stuff over.

While I still wouldn't call her a good wrestler, she's gone from bad to average, which is still improvement. I can't say the same for Bliss.

That's Kevin Dunn's ear. That's what happened to it after he heard Becky's voice.

She is competent. There's always going to be better and worse people. And Nia Jax.

I've notice something in the WWE. If you have incredible mic skills, you will get pushed through the roof. Your in-ring can be mediocre at best, but if you have mic skills that gets the crowds attention everytime, you will have a bright future in the WWE. Always on top about 80% of the time. CM Punk is a prime example. He's from Chicago just like me, but even I have to admit, his in-ring wasn't exciting at all. Sometimes here and there, but not what you came to see. You came to see and hear this guy on the mic because we couldn't wait to hear which lines he was going to cross next. This made him overall exciting.

ReiGun

Naomi is lowkey a pretty great babyface. She's charming and instantly likeable, and while her delivery on the mic needs some work, there's something very genuine about her when she talks. You feel like she's just being herself instead of playing a character. Plus she has an exciting entrance and a legit Cinderella story you can get behind (worked for 10 years as a B player in the Divas division, was waylayed by injuries when she started to get her chance, and is now finally champ). All of that combines to make up for her not being great in the ring.

Syder

Yeah I'm sure Cena and Orton being the most pushed guys of the last 15 years has nothing to do with them both being really good looking.
Ummm... Not really? I mean, you could put it on a list of reasons but it wouldn't be very high at all.

Reminder: John Cena has had a 5* match.
It's not EXCLUSIVELY the reason, but pretending the physical appearance and sex appeal is irrelevant is just top class bullshit.
That's the point though, it ISN'T exclusively the reason. If all they did was push people based on looks the roster would be male & female models with no wrestling ability.

Remember when they put the belt on Eva Marie... Oh, wait...

Angry Grimace

Reigns is pushed because WWE operate via "on paper" expectations instead of dealing with reality. He ticks their boxes on the big list of dumbass requirements, so they push him on the assumption that meeting their requirements means he's going to get over and become a megastar, in spite of all reality saying that isn't the case.

Bliss is an average at best wrestler, but she is an excellent personality and talker (something Reigns is the opposite of), something currently lacking among the women as a whole. Yes, she's attractive, but so are all the women they have.
Reigns is fine at everything. He's just booked stupid. His promo skills aren't as bad as claimed he just has to read the kind of king cheese cornball shit they write for characters like Roman.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom