• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2011 |OT| Never stop believing PG style

JdFoX187

Banned
That video review was embarrassing. Man cannot string together words to create a coherent sentence. And I still don't understand the reversal complaints since it's the same as it's been every year.

Striker

JdFoX187 said:
No more than any other game. Haven't seen too many glitches in '10. Especially nothing like '08.
Each game we'll run into one, at the very least.

There's lots in '10. We still hung out to dry (you know which glitch I'm talking about) by people who care enough to be giant douches. The grapple animation where he held onto the referee until he quit. Common ones encountered were mostly the ones where wrestlers go through tables and suddenly appear in the ring, in a black hole, or elsewhere. It happened in a Hell in a Cell match, as well, where a player will slam a person off and suddenly the attacker is inside the ring rather than up on top of the cell where he just was a second ago. They probably have to redo all the animations for it to no happen so frequently. Hell, there's probably tons more if we tried hard enough.

Still hoping they fixed the god-awful targeting.

JdFoX187

Banned
Striker said:
Each game we'll run into one, at the very least.

There's lots in '10. We still hung out to dry (you know which glitch I'm talking about) by people who care enough to be giant douches. The grapple animation where he held onto the referee until he quit. Common ones encountered were mostly the ones where wrestlers go through tables and suddenly appear in the ring, in a black hole, or elsewhere. It happened in a Hell in a Cell match, as well, where a player will slam a person off and suddenly the attacker is inside the ring rather than up on top of the cell where he just was a second ago. They probably have to redo all the animations for it to no happen so frequently. Hell, there's probably tons more if we tried hard enough.

Still hoping they fixed the god-awful targeting.
Yeah, I forgot about the table voids. Those were annoying as hell. There were some, as I said, but nothing nearly game breaking like in '07 and '08. I just hope they've fixed the exploits to exit the arena and holding onto the referee. They fixed half of that from '09 to '10, but ignore another. I imagine that one will be fixed, but we'l probably see another. As long as there's nothing that completely breaks the game, I'll be satisfied.

JdFoX187

Banned
Druids!

And yeah, commentary is fucking god awful. Cole is even more wooden on the game than he is in real life, and that's pretty fucking bad.

Messi

Is there an edge and Christian road to wrestle mania? Or a HHH one? Havnt watched wrestling in years but a yes to one of these and I'll consider buying. E&C rocked

RBH

Messi said:
Is there an edge and Christian road to wrestle mania? Or a HHH one? Havnt watched wrestling in years but a yes to one of these and I'll consider buying. E&C rocked
There is a Road to Wrestlemania storyline for Christian in the game. In addition,
Christian teams up with Edge in the storyline.

JdFoX187 said:
Druids!

And yeah, commentary is fucking god awful. Cole is even more wooden on the game than he is in real life, and that's pretty fucking bad.

Holy shit. Yukes has to be one of the laziest developers. Not only can they forget to put in moves and features in the old games but also leave in old audio. Un-fucking-believable.

Lebron

Well, to be fair, that tends to be one of the downsides when you release a (the same) game every year. They have a limited amount of actual development time so obviously corners have to be cut. One of reasons why their should be 2-3 year development window with games like these, but we know that will never happen. Thus we get rehash after rehash. With that said, I don't think Yukes is that talented of a developer to pull it off even if they had the extended time :p

JdFoX187

Banned
Host Samurai said:
Holy shit. Yukes has to be one of the laziest developers. Not only can they forget to put in moves and features in the old games but also leave in old audio. Un-fucking-believable.
I haven't heard the comment myself, but it seems odd. Cole never called matches with JR on SvR.

santino-headbutt-glitch-o.gif

Lebron

I don't know, it's pretty bad when you actually play it too. The glitch videos at least bring some enjoyment to them.

this game is straight garbage. probably the worst smackdown this gen. I usually have a high tolerance for smackdown games but man. Shitty outdated rosters, taking AWAY moves from the control scheme, every wrestler has the same suplex and doesn't feel unique, locking out over half the roster, AI is still shitty and there idea of Legend difficulty is now AI reverses every grapple and strike and some other complaints.

It's bad and you will encounter weird glitching. They need to nuke this franchise and start over. IT'S ESSENTIALLY STILL THE PS1 ENGINE FOR FUCKS SAKE.

Also a super fucked thing is that tag teams can't come out together if they are the champs. Apparently the game can't handle 4 belts on screen. :lol

I'll have a First Look of it tomorrow but fuck man. These games are straight robbing people for there money with the WWE license.

DMczaf

BigBlackGamer said:
Also a super fucked thing is that tag teams can't come out together if they are the champs. Apparently the game can't handle 4 belts on screen. :lol

I remember in 1999, me and my friends were like "I can't wait for a Royal Rumble to have like 12 dudes in the ring at once!!"

Here we are in 2010 and we've gone from 4 to 6.

:|

RBH

BigBlackGamer said:
this game is straight garbage. probably the worst smackdown this gen. I usually have a high tolerance for smackdown games but man. Shitty outdated rosters, taking AWAY moves from the control scheme, every wrestler has the same suplex and doesn't feel unique, locking out over half the roster, AI is still shitty and there idea of Legend difficulty is now AI reverses every grapple and strike and some other complaints.

It's bad and you will encounter weird glitching. They need to nuke this franchise and start over. IT'S ESSENTIALLY STILL THE PS1 ENGINE FOR FUCKS SAKE.

I'll have a First Look of it tomorrow but fuck man. These games are straight robbing people for there money with the WWE license.
:(

Lebron

DMczaf said:
I remember in 1999, me and my friends were like "I can't wait for a Royal Rumble to have like 12 dudes in the ring at once!!"

Here we are in 2010 and we've gone from 4 to 6.

:|
Well WWF Royal Rumble had up to 9!

Well they must be selling, so quit buying you dunces!

Yeah pretty bullshit it's what 8 games later and we don't have a proper Hell In A Cell.

Raw 2 how I miss thee.

Buckethead said:
WWF No Mercy how I miss thee.
Fixed.

I was really excited last year when it looked like THQ was gonna lose the WWE license. Too bad that didn't turn out the way I'd hoped it would...

Top Bottom