• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE Summerslam 2016 |OT| The Flo Rida Concert Is Canceled

Status
Not open for further replies.
CBtfFeOW4AA0Iud.jpg

Can't lie. Laughed hard.

Tagyhag

Pretty sure it's only happening on GAF. I don't get it either.

I mean, it's pretty simple.

1. His sthick is vanilla and hasn't changed since he started in NXT.

2. He's a good wrestler, but doesn't have the promo skills, the creativity, or in-ring psychology talent of those that are considered the best of the best. Especially of someone who won the most prestigious belt of the company (No it's not the world heavyweight anymore) in his first PPV.

3. The demon form is nothing but a alternate costume, while everyone hypes it as so much more. He doesn't do one.single.different.move.

Most people can't understand because not everyone watches NXT so they haven't been used to him doing literally the same thing for over 2 years.

At least in Japan he was a bit different with Bullet Club.

Verendus

Banned
Pretty mediocre PPV. I think it would have been better if they had cut some of the matches, and made it 3 hours. Way too long for what it was.

AJ Styles vs. Cena was the best match of the night. Their last match was pretty decent, but this one was legitimately good. I was going to say that it's a good thing WWE has kept AJ looking good since the matches with Roman made him look like a million bucks, and that was at the expense of Roman to an extent with the nonsense countout loss etc. but then I saw in the WWE title package that he was pinned by Dolph Ziggler of all people. They need to stop that kind of nonsense. When you book someone strong, you book them strong consistently. I don't understand this new way of making a guy look weak half the time. Reigns is the top guy, and he seems to have been the victim of this booking in the worst way. He lost to Finn Balor? Am I getting this straight? Did I hear Mitchell Cole right? This five foot version of Kane who prances around like a goddamn pokemon?

Jebus Rice.

Barack vs. Orton went the way I expected it to. Seemed Orton got bust open the hard way. Pretty okay match. Lesnar routine is old now, and unless he's against Reigns, it's not going to be that interesting due to there being no threat of losing.

Reigns and Rusev had a good brawl, but it's a shame they didn't have a match. This was a good template for their match though. They have good chemistry from the looks of it, and should stay away from a traditional match. Just bust each other up.

The title matches were really disappointing. Balor seems bland, and this is my first time seeing the guy. Rollins seems to have regressed since he's come back. I'm hoping that's just him slowly getting back into the groove of things. Understandable due to a long time off. The match was a bit of a plodding mess without any real direction.

Ambrose, especially, seems to be getting worse the more I see him. I have no idea what's happening there. I don't even understand it if I'm honest. It's a shame since I like the guy, but he's really terrible here. His entire wrestling style is really bad right now. Ziggler sucks, and has no business being in a title match. I'll just blame him for the match being forgettable.

Rest of the card was forgettable. Enzo is terrible in the ring. That Caz/Cass guy isn't that good either. Shouldn't waste Jericho and Owens there. They're two of the handful of solid talent on the roster.

Overall, it was okay. I don't understand why Reigns has suddenly disappeared from the top of the card though. It feels so random. Sudden losses to Rollins, Ambrose, the five foot identity confused guy, and now he's facing Rusev? I'll take this as some kind of break for him while he's getting ready to headline Wrasslin'Mania for the third time.

Valentus

The amount of Finn hate is just hilarious at this point. Like wat?

Remember when owens debuted in raw? remember the fat jokes? remember when all saying that owens was eating all the buffet backstage?

Yeah, that happens here with the new guys from nxt. Eventually that will pass when nakamura or joe will get their call up soon... To hate them. I cant wait to the Samoa joe fat jokes.

The amount of Finn hate is just hilarious at this point. Like wat?

Wait... WAit.. how the hell do people hate Finn Balor...? I basically only watch the major PPVs, but 9months ago he was the darling of the smarts in NXT, a solid worker with a ggood work ethic and an interesting persona... And now people are against him?

The fuck

Gurrry

The only thing I can say for sure is that Ambrose fucking sucks and he makes people in the ring worse than they are.

If Ambrose beats AJ... he will get Roman level heat.

Pretty mediocre PPV. I think it would have been better if they had cut some of the matches, and made it 3 hours. Way too long for what it was.

AJ Styles vs. Cena was the best match of the night. Their last match was pretty decent, but this one was legitimately good. I was going to say that it's a good thing WWE has kept AJ looking good since the matches with Roman made him look like a million bucks, and that was at the expense of Roman to an extent with the nonsense countout loss etc. but then I saw in the WWE title package that he was pinned by Dolph Ziggler of all people. They need to stop that kind of nonsense. When you book someone strong, you book them strong consistently. I don't understand this new way of making a guy look weak half the time. Reigns is the top guy, and he seems to have been the victim of this booking in the worst way. He lost to Finn Balor? Am I getting this straight? Did I hear Mitchell Cole right? This five foot version of Kane who prances around like a goddamn pokemon?

Jebus Rice.

Barack vs. Orton went the way I expected it to. Seemed Orton got bust open the hard way. Pretty okay match. Lesnar routine is old now, and unless he's against Reigns, it's not going to be that interesting due to there being no threat of losing.

Reigns and Rusev had a good brawl, but it's a shame they didn't have a match. This was a good template for their match though. They have good chemistry from the looks of it, and should stay away from a traditional match. Just bust each other up.

The title matches were really disappointing. Balor seems bland, and this is my first time seeing the guy. Rollins seems to have regressed since he's come back. I'm hoping that's just him slowly getting back into the groove of things. Understandable due to a long time off. The match was a bit of a plodding mess without any real direction.

Ambrose, especially, seems to be getting worse the more I see him. I have no idea what's happening there. I don't even understand it if I'm honest. It's a shame since I like the guy, but he's really terrible here. His entire wrestling style is really bad right now. Ziggler sucks, and has no business being in a title match. I'll just blame him for the match being forgettable.

Rest of the card was forgettable. Enzo is terrible in the ring. That Caz/Cass guy isn't that good either. Shouldn't waste Jericho and Owens there. They're two of the handful of solid talent on the roster.

Overall, it was okay. I don't understand why Reigns has suddenly disappeared from the top of the card though. It feels so random. Sudden losses to Rollins, Ambrose, the five foot identity confused guy, and now he's facing Rusev? I'll take this as some kind of break for him while he's getting ready to headline Wrasslin'Mania for the third time.

#Popped

Zabka

The branding push on Finn is killing his gimmick. Going from the Demon to the Demon King was already a mistake. Saying it 30 times during a match is going to bury it.

The only thing I can say for sure is that Ambrose fucking sucks and he makes people in the ring worse than they are.

his brawler style of wrestling is turrible to watch, Literally every match is the same.

Even Cena a million years later is packing more variety these days.

UraMallas

Wait... WAit.. how the hell do people hate Finn Balor...? I basically only watch the major PPVs, but 9months ago he was the darling of the smarts in NXT, a solid worker with a ggood work ethic and an interesting persona... And now people are against him?

The fuck

He needs to lose his gimmick fast. I had no feelings either way towards him until he came out in this crap costume and starting crawling around.

To be fair, an Ambrose/Ziggler match shouldn't have even existed. I would've rather seen Ambrose/Wyatt again.

Edzi

I mean, it's pretty simple.

1. His sthick is vanilla and hasn't changed since he started in NXT.

2. He's a good wrestler, but doesn't have the promo skills, the creativity, or in-ring psychology talent of those that are considered the best of the best. Especially of someone who won the most prestigious belt of the company (No it's not the world heavyweight anymore) in his first PPV.

3. The demon form is nothing but a alternate costume, while everyone hypes it as so much more. He doesn't do one.single.different.move.

Most people can't understand because not everyone watches NXT so they haven't been used to him doing literally the same thing for over 2 years.

At least in Japan he was a bit different with Bullet Club.

I only followed him briefly in NXT over the last years PPVs, but I still like what I've seen and I think his demon gimmick has a lot of potential ("The Demon King" name needs to go away though). It feels like people here are trying way too hard to hate on him.

Hex

Banned
Sasha shouldn't have won on raw in the first place if she was going to lose 3 weeks later. Also I meant to say it Sasha first big single match. It just poor booking you do that shit on the raw after or on the next ppv.

She is injured and taking time off.
Brock is taking time away which is why he will be suspended tomorrow.
It is like watching wrestling with first grade marks.

That's probably what it is, since I only followed him briefly in NXT for the last few PPVs before he moved on to Raw. Still, I like what I've seen and I think his demon schtick has a lot of potential, though the way Raw has been parroting "The Demon King" is really starting to ruin even that.

Just wait until tomorrow when they do a comedy segment where he walks by Kane and Kane turns and looks at him

The fuck
The only time I dislike Finn is when he spams moves

Like in the cage match w/ Joe where he did like 6 sling blades, or even tonight when he just stops doing moves and only does foot stomps and forward dropkicks

He generally keeps it fast paced though so I don't really mind, not like he's giving people headlocks for 5 minutes at a time or something

njean777

The fuck

I don't mind Balor, I hate his gimmick. The demon king is stupid and just harkens back to the old style of wrestling which in this day and age is dumb. Attitude era had some characters but shot out of the old gimmicks, now is not the time to bring them back nor will I think will it ever be cool to bring them back ever. Lose "demon king" and he is pretty good honestly.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
People hating Finn.

People hating the Demon

I bet these same people want more Brock matches after that guy takes a big steaming shit on every single PPV he's ever on.

UberTag

The branding push on Finn is killing his gimmick. Going from the Demon to the Demon King was already a mistake. Saying it 30 times during a match is going to bury it.
The WWE still hasn't gotten a clue that the fans will revolt inherently if they feel something is being shoved down their throats. You think they would after years of Cena, Reigns or hell... the damn Fandango entrance... but nope. They still haven't got a clue.

So - because they're still being dumb - DEMON KING DEMON KING DEMON KING DEMON KING DEMON KING DEMON KING!!!

Hex

Banned

The fuck

Dude. this is GAF.
WrassleGAF at that.
Every favorite will be hated sooner or later and it will be pretended that nobody liked them in the first place.

Fitts

No blading, was from Brock's elbow

https://streamable.com/grv0

Probably planned blood anyways

I missed these elbows. Looked away when Brock was doing his "ground and pound" and when I looked back Orton was gushing blood. Figured it was a blood capsule or something.

Would a wrestler really agree to take legit strikes like that? If so, that's both ballsy and incredibly stupid.

I don't mind Balor, I hate his gimmick. The demon king is stupid and just harkens back to the old style of wrestling which in this day and age is dumb. Attitude era had some characters but shot out of the old gimmicks, now is not the time to bring them back nor will I think will it ever be cool to bring them back ever. Lose "demon king" and he is pretty good honestly.

Everyone talks about Balor's gimmick like it happens every Monday on RAW. It's a gimmick that comes out once a month on PPVs (with the exception of a some NXT house shows and last Monday). He's not doing outside promos in body paint either.

The belt can be easily fixed by tomorrow if they just put a black strap on it. I'm sure they can rush that if they wanted to, just suffer the short term embarrassment of having to explain it.

Otherwise, I'm sure Brock is getting kayfabe suspended tomorrow so he take some time off at his ranch.

Wagram

I don't have a problem with Balor, but I do have an issue with how he was catapulted over Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn. They've been on the main roster having the best matches consistently and he gets taken from one title to another.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

This I completely agree with. The hate hes getting or his matches is ridiculous tho.

Tagyhag

I only followed him briefly in NXT over the last years PPVs, but I still like what I've seen and I think his demon gimmick has a lot of potential ("The Demon King" name needs to go away though). It feels like people here are trying way too hard to hate on him.

He can always evolve it but he's gotten over by doing nothing with it so I doubt he will. Especially now that he's out of NXT.

Like I said, I can totally understand people liking him now. It's just that tonight's match with Rollins? It looked like any other match he's ever had.

I don't hate him, I just grew tired of the exact same thing.

Will always enjoy his theme though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom