• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

X-Films dated: New Mutants (Apr 14/18), Deadpool 2 (Jun 1/18), Dark Phoenix (Nov 2/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sou Da

They are aware there's a whole fucking arc on the way to Dark Phoenix right?

There's a whole character on the way there.

Slayven

People forget the phoenix was relatively harmless until the bullshit with the Hellfire club and Mastermind. There is a progression to star eater

kswiston

Kswizzle any word on Cyborg?

Think so, i was looking at that was a little worried

I'm expecting WB to announce a new roadmap for the DCEU at some point this year. Maybe during SDCC in July. That would give them about a month and a half to process Wonder Woman's performance.

As it stands their original plan is a mess, and we have no firm details on the mounting number of tacked on films.

As for Pacific Rim 2, I expect that to sort of flop domestically, so I doubt it has much impact on Black Panther here. Hopefully Black Panther doesn't launch too close to it in China though.

Slayven

I'm expecting WB to announce a new roadmap for the DCEU at some point this year. Maybe during SDCC in July. That would give them about a month and a half to process Wonder Woman's performance.

As it stands their original plan is a mess, and we have no firm details on the mounting number of tacked on films.

As for Pacific Rim 2, I expect that to sort of flop domestically, so I doubt it has much impact on Black Panther here. Hopefully Black Panther doesn't launch too close to it in China though.

I was looking at next Feb and other then those two shit is empty as fuck.

Sean C

That will presumably be much of the movie.

Isn't this a bit soon for new mutants if the casting isn't even complete yet?
FOX has played it close to the vest with New Mutants, but the actors we know about have been attached to the project for almost a year now, seemingly, so I suspect they've had their ducks in a row for a while but haven't announced it.

With Dani Moonstar they'd obviously have to cast an unknown, the US not exactly having a bunch of well-known Native American actresses, but the others seem like they were probably sought out based on other roles (e.g., Maisie for Wolfsbane, Anya Taylor-Joy for Magik).

kswiston

I was looking at next Feb and other then those two shit is empty as fuck.

It looks pretty standard to me. One huge film, a few that might hit $100M domestic and do better overseas, and later we will probably get some left to die releases. Vinny gets another Maze Runner film.

Sou Da

That will presumably be much of the movie.

If Kinberg's involved I doubt it.

Also them sticking to the X3 Phoenix does this story no favors, especially since this is coming hot off of the "Hey mass murderer Magneto, wanna join the team?" - Prof. X plot.

Slayven

It looks pretty standard to me. One huge film, a few that might hit $100M domestic and do better overseas, and later we will probably get some left to die releases. Vinny gets another Maze Runner film.

Good Move-Gaf slander, and i thought those was on hold for the foreseeable future?

Sulik2

So any word on if dead pool is gonna have be in all three movies now? Seems likely to me at least a cameo in dark Phoenix. Is Singer finally gone too?

Sean C

So any word on if dead pool is gonna have be in all three movies now? Seems likely to me at least a cameo in dark Phoenix. Is Singer finally gone too?
Dark Phoenix and New Mutants are both set in the past, as far as we know, so there's no reason to think Deadpool would be in them (he wouldn't fit the tone, either).

Singer's working on 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea last we heard.

Blader

Dark Phoenix and New Mutants are both set in the past, as far as we know, so there's no reason to think Deadpool would be in them (he wouldn't fit the tone, either).

Singer's working on 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea last we heard.

He's directing a Freddie Mercury biopic coming next year.

You know what. As long as Singer is not involved, I am 25 percent interested in this. The guy can't make comic book movies. It's time to stop.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Hell yeah. As mediocre as it was, I was worried there would not be a followup to Apocalypse. The young cast is great.

Im hoping theres less Jennifer Lawrence lol, Phoenix Saga is cool but there needs to be proper character development for it to work

Didn't JL say she wasn't coming back unless Marvel was involved?

No lol. She said she wanted to do a comic movie with the Guardians of the Galaxy.

It seemed facetious though. She clearly doesn't want to do these movies but will if fox puts up the big money

Not worth it tbh. Her mystique is shit and she's served her purpose in the series. Get some other random mutant to lead in the next one.

Slayven

hahaha no fuckin way she said that.

“Oh my god, I would love to,” she said during an interview with MTV News while promoting Passengers. “I actually don’t even know — I would choose that over doing another X-Men movie. I won’t be Mystique in the X-Men movies, but I would love to be Mystique in Guardians of the Galaxy. I wonder if they can do that.”

http://ew.com/movies/2016/12/17/gua...ence-wants-mystique-chris-pratts-marvel-film/

Gonna be a ton of CBM next year. MCU and Fox going in. Aquaman is next year too right? That said Black Panther>everything.

Interested to see what they do with New Mutants and Deadpool but I'm not so sure about Dark Phoenix (Why must they insist on the Phoenix stuff?) I'm wary of Kinberg directing and Apocalypse was underwhelming. But at least no more Mystique! No Wolverine will probably hurt the box office numbers again.

dabig2

Fuck a Phoenix. River Phoenix (RIP) and Joaquin are OK though.

But seriously, Jean is one of like 3 Marvel superhero women the majority of people can even name. Can someone do more with her beyond going back to the boring damn space bird?

Principate

Saint Titanfall
No lol. She said she wanted to do a comic movie with the Guardians of the Galaxy.

It seemed facetious though. She clearly doesn't want to do these movies but will if fox puts up the big money

Not worth it tbh. Her mystique is shit and she's served her purpose in the series. Get some other random mutant to lead in the next one.
Here's a novel thought how about we get Cyclops to the team and be narritively important during a Dark Phoenix movie.

A shocking idea I know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom