• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

X360 games you actually are going to hang on to?

Kingpen

Which X360 games made the cut for you to stay in the collection?

For me...

Need for Speed Most Wanted
Call of Duty 2
Dead or Alive 4

Using toward other games or traded in

Perfect Dark 0
Project Gotham Racing 3
Kameo

Still debating

NHL2k6
NBA2k6

Haklong

I never trade in games. I pay 50+ and give it to some company for 10 bucks? No thanks. I'll hold on to it for my collection.

Tiger

Banned
I like to keep any game that I felt some sort of connection with and truly enjoyed.

Keepers:

Perfect Dark Zero
Project Gotham 3
Ridge Racer 6
Kameo
Call of Duty 2
Need for Speed: Most Wanted
Dead or Alive 4
Tony Hawk's AW
King Kong

Trade in at some point:

Madden 06
Tiger Woods 06
NBA2K6
Amped 3

The truth is the only games i've been truly dissapointed with are Madden and Amped 3. Otherwise i've been thrilled with this launch. I'm just putting those sports games on the list because I know i'm always gonna replace them the next year.

Kasra

Banned
Out of the 7 games I've bought, the only one that went back, or will be going back, was PDZ. It just sucked. I TRIED to like it, I really did. But at the end of the day, I just hated everything about it, so it went back to pay for my Castlevania Double Pack yesterday.

Out of the three games I currently own, Perfect Dark Zero, Kameo: EoP, and Need for Speed: MW, I'd trade Need for Speed - though not for some time. PDZ is littered with problems, but I still think it's an extremely fun game to play and the multiplayer is obviously good... and I just think Kameo is a great game from start to finish.

Haklong

Tigerriot said:
I like to keep any game that I felt some sort of connection with and truly enjoyed.

Keepers:

Perfect Dark Zero
Project Gotham 3
Ridge Racer 6
Kameo
Call of Duty 2
Need for Speed: Most Wanted
Dead or Alive 4
Tony Hawk's AW
King Kong

Trade in at some point:

Madden 06
Tiger Woods 06
NBA2K6
Amped 3

The truth is the only games i've been truly dissapointed with are Madden and Amped 3. Otherwise i've been thrilled with this launch. I'm just putting those sports games on the list because I know i'm always gonna replace them the next year.

WOW, you got most of the games but no Condemned?

rod, what is the, . for?

Haklong

Oh, pardon my ignorance. But yeah, it isn't what he was asking but I just hate trading a game in for 10 bucks and then seeing it on sale for 35 to 40 bucks. I guess it's good business for Gamespot and EB, but it isn't good for my wallet.

Sean

Banned
King Kong is probably the only game I'll trade in.

It was a good game, but to be honest I don't think I'll ever play it again. And I don't feel like changing the brightness on my TV if I ever did feel like playing it again anyway.

AeroGod

What xbox 360 games trade in for 10 bucks? I mean, I see your point, but if you went in now or even in a few weeks you could probably get 30 or 35 bucks for Kameo, Perfect Dark Zero and other launch titles. 30 bucks off your next game is a good deal if you are giving up something you either didnt really like or are NEVER going to play again and its just going to collect dust on a shelf. Trading in some games if you get it in quick enough is a decent way of shaving off the cost of your next gaming purchases, like 30 or 40 dollars worth and sometimes they have deals where you can trade in 2 or 3 couple year old games youll never touch again and get brand spanking new game you want for free. To me, it seems like a good deal, even if they do turn around and sell it for more. What does it matter, you got a new game and it didnt cost you any money(not really anyways).

I guess some people like to collect them even if they really will never use them again or holds anykind of significant value, but if its something you didnt really like I dont see the harm in trading it in, especially if you get it early and can get 40-50% of the value back

I personally trade in alot of games, pretty much 70% of the games I play wont stay in my collection for long. I only keep really really great games, multiplayer games that will last, most RPGs, or the rare hard to find title that might hold some value later on. But thats just me.

Owzers

I bought King Kong, PDO , and DOA 4. I'm keeping all of them. Since I have Gamefly at the time being, I try to avoid buying games that I wouldnt' want to keep.

Jeff-DSA

DoA 4
CoD 2
PGR 3

However, unless something is horrendous, I usually keep it anyway, so PDZ will manage to keep a spot in my collection. Madden and Tiger had to go though...talk about poor excuses for videogames.

Flynn

Haklong said:
I never trade in games. I pay 50+ and give it to some company for 10 bucks? No thanks. I'll hold on to it for my collection.

I take it you've never heard of Half.com

Helznicht

Probally only hold on to Kameo, daughter likes to play it.

I trade ALOT. Picked up PDZ used, tried it out for 4 days, saw I didnt like it, traded it in with only $5 loss, $2 cheaper than a rental.

Gamecrazy = Your Friend

gstaff

got way too much crap as gifts or to review

keep:

NBA
Madden
CoD2
Dead or Alive
PRR3
Condemned

maybe
Perfect Dark

ready to ditch
King Kong
Quake 4
Tony Hawk

Speevy

Banned
Son of Godzilla said:
I'd get rid of Smash TV if I could :(

I think you can delete anything off the hard drive, save the emulation software (which sucks).

Where is my Street Fighter 2? I will resubscribe to Xbox Live Gold just for that game.

Wollan

I think Im going to trade in everything.
(PD0, PGR3, COD2, KK, Condemned)

I only hold on to games I consider classics.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
I probably will trade in DOA4 as I completely suck at it and getting no fun out of it, though it looks pretty.
Madden will go back as well as while it isn't horrible, I am just not getting that much fun out of it.

I'll keep NBA2k6 as I enjoy the game. Same story with Need For Speed.

I plan on getting Call of Duty and renting Condemned. I wish there were some actual SALES on 360 games.

gjb-sensei

Nintendo invented the pixel...
Xbox 360 games I own at the moment:

Dead or Alive 4
Kameo: Elements of Power
Perfect Dark Zero
Project Gotham Racing 3

Xbox 360 games I'm actually going to hang onto:

Dead or Alive 4
Kameo: Elements of Power
Perfect Dark Zero
Project Gotham Racing 3

Norse

So far, the only games I wouldnt keep are ones I sent back to gamefly...so, all the games I own will be kept, or sold on ebay(sports titles). I never trade in games.

madden 06
nhl 2k6
nba live 06
NFS MW
DOA4
PGR3
COD2

PGR3 will remain forever. Kameo, CoD2, and Condemned are finished and will be going back soon because they're not very good. NFS:MW will eventually go back but not anytime soon (still got 9 or 10 blacklist members and many, many challenge levels). I need to play more PDZ multiplayer to decide on that one.

Xenon

PGR3, PDZ, and Kameo all are keepers.

I wanted to dump Kong but not for the $24 bucks gamestop would give me.

Docpan

KEEPERS- Call of Duty 2, PGR3

TIME TO GET RID OF- Everything else. Namely PDZ, which sucks horribly. SA illustrates it perfectly, when you encounter crates within the first minute you KNOW you're in for a sub-par experience.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
I currently own:

-Perfect Dark Zero
-Ridge Racer 6
-Dead Or Alive 4
-Shin Sangoku Musou 4 Special
-Need For Speed Most Wanted
-Project Gotham Racing 3

Out of those games, PDZ, RR6, and DOA4 are definite keepers. The other three will likely be sold off at some point.

Anyone saying they are trading in PDZ, havent played it with us :p ...or they hate FPS games, in which case they shouldnt have bought it.

gunstarhero

Anyone saying they are trading in PDZ, havent played it with us :p ...or they hate FPS games, in which case they shouldnt have bought it.

You're probably right - I'm judging from my single player experience only. I played it once online and it was actually pretty good... but jesus, the single player is almost painful.

gunstarhero said:
You're probably right - I'm judging from my single player experience only. I played it once online and it was actually pretty good... but jesus, the single player is almost painful.

well yeah....i personaly enjoyed single player...but i wont defend it at all :p, MP on the other hand owns all

head over to the PDZ thread, and start getting into our games....after a few rounds (as long as your comfortable with the aiming ...it took me a while, but now its great) im sure you will want to play everynight :p

Edit: and to not derail the thread ! i agree with the people that dont trade in games, its a waste of money, you dont get anything back, i only buy games i will play on Live, or are from a series i REALLY enjoy...like Splinter Cell...well except i would buy that for Live as well :p

NotMSRP

DOA4 would be the one I would keep when I get a 360, but now that it's coming to the PS3, it's now an empty list.

FightyF

Banned
krypt0nian said:
I don't understand trading in games or consoles.

I guess it's for people on a budget. Or those who don't invest a lot of time in research before buying (or in cases like this launch, you can't really research because no one has any idea until they buy).

Prine

Banned
Keeping

PDZ
PGR3
DOA4

Towards other games

Kameo (great game, but too short!)

Might keep kameo if the co-op mode is awesome

Going to keep COD2 (especially after they announced a patch for the online portion) and Condemned. Trading in RR6, not feeling that at all and there's a lot of promising titled coming soon, so I need to some trade-in fordder for that stuff.

Got PD0 and Kameo coming for MS's retail service, I'll probably keep them.

gkryhewy

So far, I'll be keeping COD2 and RR6, and selling Kameo once I beat it (I think). Also, what nut would trade in when you can get good money on half.com?

Top Bottom