• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBO Gears of War bundle Tops Black Friday accoring to Infoscout.

Awesome. Glad to hear the Gears Ultimate remaster will be in a whole bunch of people's hands. Been having a blast with it lately, and the coalition did a really top notch job with the whole package. I know there's a bit of a sentiment about remasters right now, I understand it, but hopefully this maybe nudges MS into doing the other two campaigns at some point.

Also, Gears Ultimate has been my gateway into watching stuff on twitch haha, so I appreciate it for that too.

RedAssedApe

Banned
oh god...some of the tweets in that zhugeex thread...comment about removing console warriors from tweet replies...yet keeps timdog in the thread lol

shandy706

There is no contradictory info so far from InfoScout:

- All Retailers Top SINGLE SKU - Xbox One Gears Bundle
- All Retailers Top CONSOLE (All SKUs Considered) - PS4

What this means in terms of their reports: when you add the Gears Bundle to the other Xbox One bundles the number of total sales for Xbox One are less than the total sales for PS4.

------

In simple terms and a small scale, lets imagine each console only had two SKUs available:

Xbox One Gears Bundle - 100 units (Top SKU)
Xbox One Forza Bundle - 50 units

PS4 Uncharted Bundle - 80 units
PS4 Battlefront Bundle - 90 units

Xbox Overall Total - 150
PS4 Overall Total - 170

---

And everyone's a winner and makes money.

Don't you dare call everyone a winner.

Aeqvitas

So based on the two threads we know that the info scout data suggests that:
1- PS4 won Bestbuy on BF
2- Xbox had highest selling SKU overall

Can't claim anything more for sure either way, but having the highest SKU and the most SKUs seems to put XB in a more likely spot to have the highest sales overall.

hawk2025

I'm still flabbergasted at the fact that people somehow keep including Tim Dog in conversations.

Who's next, Tidux?

Alebrije

It's a nice bundle and the one I got , Gears is a nice franchise and since had Wiiu and PS4 , this was the moment to get an xbone.

Backward compatible with cheap 360 games and the free Gears games with the bundle are great reasons to get it

Also in Mexico at El Bien Fin ( our black Friday clone) the bundle had a 299 US cost if you gave to a retailer 3 old 360 games from a list of 80 or more , nice I had some of them and got the bundle for 299 instead of the 395 Us that it cost regularly.

I'm a bit confused as to the two articles and I'm not entirely sure if the two Infoscout articles are actually incompatible like suggested.

The first indicates that PS4 sold more on BF while the second suggests that XB1 w/ Gears was the top selling bundle.

The two things don't really seem to contradict one another. Just suggests a close BF overall.

no it sold more at best buy that is the uncharted bundle but overall the gears bundle sold more

DedValve

Banned
Oh dear. I hope that means more Gears of War: UE players, instead of people who just have the code lying around or activate it and never play the damn thing.

This was me. To be fair I didn't expect to be as disappointed as I was. I ended up just downloading gears 3 and went back to that.

CoG

Infoscout is milking this data for all the clicks its worth. They have another update coming soon for the "overall" winner, which will likely be PS4. More clicks.

Edit: spoke a second too soon but got it right.

Welfare

Here we go boys http://blog.infoscout.co/games-trump-console-sales-this-black-friday/ Xbox One had strong sales at Target + Walmart, PS4 got everything else.

CVGmYQmUwAAiePs.png:large

I told people man, I have never seen such excitement from so many to grab an Xbox One as I did the week leading up to, and during, Black Friday. Who knows which system did better ultimately, but trust me when I say the Xbox One definitely killed it, and I personally believe strongly that it came out on top.

BahamutPT

That's very much within a margin of error, so don't take it as gospel of course ^^ AKA it's still as likely that Xbox may have taken BF (and NPD for that matter).

That's very much within a margin of error, so don't take it as gospel of course ^^ AKA it's still as likely that Xbox may have taken BF (and NPD for that matter).

Not necessarily. This points in the other direction. If BF is close, then the rest of the month should propel a PS4 victory due to Battlefront and CoD bundles.

hawk2025

Whoa.

Well, that just about wraps up November, then.

I told people man, I have never seen such excitement from so many to grab an Xbox One as I did the week leading up to, and during, Black Friday. Who knows which system did better ultimately, but trust me when I say the Xbox One definitely killed it, and I personally believe strongly that it came out on top.

Don't stop. Belieeeeving. Hang on to that feeling.

Top Bottom