• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBO Gears of War bundle Tops Black Friday accoring to Infoscout.

Battlefront seems... kind of low on that list, doesn't it? I know there no deals on it or anything, but the same goes for CoD and look at it.

The Microsoft Store GoW bundle pushed me over and I'm finally making the jump to current gen. Been PC / 3DS for a while now. If I wasn't a die hard GoW fan I probably would have gone PS4. I still feel good about my purchase.

Technically, you have been current gen then.

/pedant

Anecdotally speaking, my Walmart had a huge pile of Gears X1 bundles that sat nearly untouched on the main intersection of Electronics once the initial BF surge abated, and those units are now hogging up a ton of space in the backroom.

Uncharted PS4s were sold out within an hour.

This is like the new "10 out of my 9 friends went digital". Palettes come and go and can be restocked. It means nothing.

Sounds like all 3 did well this holiday.

Now everyone go buy Tomb Raider.

Duxxy3

Feels like they'll drop Halo 5 bundle price too. Just a hunch, its an irrelevant bundle at that price after Xmas.

It was idiotic to price the Tomb Raider and Halo 5 bundles higher than than the holiday/gears of war bundles. Americans have always preferred a lower price over what marketers see as a better value.

This is like the new r"10 out of my 9 friends went digital". Palettes come and go and can be restocked. It means nothing.

Sounds like all 3 did well this holiday.

Now everyone go buy Tomb Raider.
Sounds like he works there. If that's the case he can easily check sales and the stores around him.

Wal Marts sales are connected. You can search a wide radius of stores amd easily get a nice comparison on an hour for 30 or so.stores. Needs.to be done by sku though.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
so youre thinking its more 99% - 1% in ps favour?
I don't really have a dog in the fight if that's the implication. Just stating my experience.

Our store started with less PS4s, to be fair. Definitely not a significant enough amount less to even the divide between the two we sold through, though.

Again, the consoles weren't squirreled away in a grocery aisle like some of our Black Friday stuff, they were directly in the main aisle next to the main electronics register, and yet the pile was large and unmoving after the 6pm rush... Actually come to think of it, it ended up bigger after a few return buggies made their way back. 2am rolled around and we shlepped the pile onto an L-cart and took 'em to the back, where most of 'em were still sitting when I left late yesterday.

I just find it weird that there would be an almost active disinterest in a hot newish console at just my particular store in just my particular area, while it was flying off the shelves like Patti Pies everywhere else.
...Scatter... said:
This is like the new "10 out of my 9 friends went digital". Palettes come and go and can be restocked. It means nothing.
I know what the stock was from first-hand experience, I'm not just ass-grabbing impressions as a customer that was there for an hour. I work there and I worked in electronics 5pm-2am that night. We were out of PS4s within an hour, period. We had a ton of X1s sitting there for hours, period.

I can appreciate that these are anecdotal results that don't apply universally to every store and that things played out differently elsewhere, that's fine. Just relaying my experience. I can't help raising my eyebrow a bit that demand in my store was apparently grossly different from demand at other stores, is all.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Battlefront seems... kind of low on that list, doesn't it? I know there no deals on it or anything, but the same goes for CoD and look at it.

Technically, you have been current gen then.

/pedant

bundles will help push that number up like with destiny. cod bundle was a lot more expensive since there wasn't a standard non-LE sku so it would make sense that more stand alone copies were sold. plus its freaking COD. the only think that stops that train is GTA. but yeah i kind of get the feeling that battlefront MIGHT underperform. that or the casuals haven't really picked up the game yet and still might once force awakens hits and they get that star wars itch. i don't think we know for sure if battlefront meets expectations until after both nov/dec npd

PS4 and XB1 did very well, happy for them both. An okay performance for the Wii U, overall the industry is strong and people are hungry for these machines.

Everyone wins.

Looking at this, I think for next-gen (ps5/xbox whatever/ninNX) I am going to wait till Black Friday cause damn there were some pretty good bundles for the money...assuming I can resist the early adopter temptation.

oSoLucky

Minecraft still doing work. Holy shit. As usual, sports games(especially with the crazy discounts on them) and CoD dominating the charts. I'm actually surprised Fallout isn't higher, but I guess it didn't have the deep discounts like some other games. Splatoon still individually charting besides the bundle is good news. Sounds like it will be a big franchise for Nintendo going forward. Looks like one big game is missing completely.

Hah, even InfoScout calling it NFS Rivals.

mejin

Makes me think of this.

da87a974c1f1fe41ce456972d16cb197.jpg

anigif_enhanced-6937-1428161497-2.gif

Nephtes

This report jives with what I reported from my local Best Buy and Target on the Black Friday Musings thread.

There were about half of the stock of Xbox Ones than there were PS4's by the time I got to Best Buy/Target mid day Black Friday.
I mused that it could be that Sony had a ton more stock instead of the Xbox selling better, but if Infoscout is to be believed... I suppose those musings were wrong.

Edit: Also, Battlefront not performing to expectations doesn't surprise me. The beta underwhelmed all but one of my friends in the game play department...Only 1 in 6 of my gaming friends made the plunge on the Battlefront after playing the beta.

oSoLucky

AC: Syndicate sales were mostly at $35. Does the new AC get that big of a discount every year? Also did GH Live get a deep discount?

I would be interested to know to budget and revenue of Tomb Raider. Man, if it sells decently well on PC and PS4, I won't know what else to say.

Windforce

Games that came out earlier in the year don't cease to exist.

No strong first party efforts from Sony for november, I clarify.

It's just incredible how PlayStation won a Black Friday against Xbox after several consecutive years of losing, even if by a slim margin, when Xbox had Halo 5.

Halo 5 not making the top 10 this month just became a real possibility. If someone had told me that a month ago I would've called them batshit.

Wow, congrats to MS. I almost can't believe it, but the numbers have spoken. This is why you can't trust anecdotal evidence or even your own instincts when it comes to sales predictions.

It's just incredible how PlayStation won a Black Friday against Xbox after several consecutive years of losing, even if by a slim margin, when Xbox had Halo 5.
Sony just had the perfect storm of third party deals and price reduction. Those are the two things that matter the most in the holidays.

Duxxy3

Halo 5 not making the top 10 this month just became a real possibility. If someone had told me that a month ago I would've called them batshit.

I haved loved the series since I bought an Xbox for it (twice!). I'm staying away from 5 because of the campaign impressions and reviews. I don't like what I've heard and read.

I actually think most people expected PS4 to come out on top on BF due to price parity and them having the big 3rd party deals. With that in mind, it seems like MS did fairly well here, by comparison.

I haved loved the series since I bought an Xbox for it (twice!). I'm staying away from 5 because of the campaign impressions and reviews. I don't like what I've heard and read.
I don't think it's bad as people are making it out to be - many of the comments on the campaign can come off a bit hyperbolic. Many of the people that had problems with it still ended up enjoying it, overall. And it's not that hard to find someone who loved it.

I'd say it's at least worth a rent for the campaign. And if you like MP, it's definitely the best since 2 (in my mind).

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
Wow, congrats to MS. I almost can't believe it, but the numbers have spoken. This is why you can't trust anecdotal evidence or even your own instincts when it comes to sales predictions.

Just read the thread title huh?

Whoa.

Well, that just about wraps up November, then.

Don't stop. Belieeeeving. Hang on to that feeling.

Xbox One won last holiday easily when people said it couldn't. And it has already won October this year, so I would say that gives me plenty of reason to believe that what happened last year could very easily be repeated again this year. You don't know until you know.

I got the Holiday Bundle myself. 1 TB HDD, Gears collection + GOW 1 UE, Rare Replay, Ori, a free game (I chose Sunset Overdrive), and a $60 gift card (that I'll use for Halo 5).

MS was really aggressive with their bundles this year.

Halo so low on the chart and RoTR doesn't exist and with PS4 edging out over X1, this doesn't seem like a good BF for MS just based on this sample.

ethomaz

Banned
Infoscout says PS4 won BF... read the article please.

OP. Seems like first party games bombed.

Xbox One won last holiday easily when people said it couldn't. And it has already won October this year, so I would say that gives me plenty of reason to believe that what happened last year could very easily be repeated again this year. You don't know until you know.

Did people really say the Xbox One couldn't win last year? I'm be surprised to hear this, given last year's bundle was so aggressively priced.

Considering the way things go for the entire 9 month "preseason," anything less than a massive lead during the "playoffs" is not good for them.

that's self explanatory at least one would hope so.

I would love to see a Black Friday with both ps4 and xbone at the same price and no gift cards for purchasing xbones.

MS and Sony did great this Black Friday.

the first BF was like that there were just no PS4s left to buy

I would love to see a Black Friday with both ps4 and xbone at the same price and no gift cards for purchasing xbones.

MS and Sony did great this Black Friday.

HokieJoe

Just a head up, Furious 7 is 10 cents on MS store video rental today. you have 2 weeks to watch. I highly recommend the movie. If you have a xbox , is plays though the app.

I can't believe GAF is letting you hawk your movie here on the forums. That's just shameless. Shameless I tell you.

;)

Top Bottom