• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBO Gears of War bundle Tops Black Friday accoring to Infoscout.

That's very much within a margin of error, so don't take it as gospel of course ^^ AKA it's still as likely that Xbox may have taken BF (and NPD for that matter).

Definitely in the margin of error, so the statistician in me is looking at this as a virtual tie. Pretty great sales for both Sony and MS, though.

As others are saying, Sony probably took the month based on other data points we've seen.

Kathian

Banned
Already a massive sample size then a bigger sample size totally flipping the result. Am not sure this is statistically relevant.

Sydle

Is a good bundle. It's really too bad MS didn't make a much cheaper H5 bundle, because I think that would have been the preferred one.

If X1 does well this holiday I hope they have some great sales on games like Sunset Overdrive, Forza Horizon 2, and Ori. Those games deserve more love.

BahamutPT

Not necessarily. This points in the other direction. If BF is close, then the rest of the month should propel a PS4 victory due to Battlefront and CoD bundles.

Yes, what I meant is that after BF Xbox is still as likely as before to win NPD, even if that chance was already small due to Battlefront + CoD bundles sales.

Elandyll

Banned
Looks like the XB1 barely outsold the $299 PS4 where it had its biggest deals (Target, Walmart), but got outsold everywhere else (Gamestop, Best Buy, Amazon...), hence the PS4 winning BF if only just, and thus also probably winning November by a decent margin thanks to bundles and pre orders cumulated.

Man, the Nov NPD sure will be Interesting :)

Makes me think of this.
da87a974c1f1fe41ce456972d16cb197.jpg

Walmart had been more Xbox friendly through the 360 period allowing more stock. Not sure if that trend remains but it's quite possible.

Retailers often care more about what they have sold more.of and that is how they order and as long as it keeps selling. And for Walmart wouldn't surprise me if they continue to.sell more xbox's to the more casual friendly shopper. It's ok obvious amazon is Sony dominant.

Sony could do better to strengthen there promoting and Walmart relations that they lost with ps2 to 3.

statham

Looks like the XB1 barely outsold the $299 PS4 where it had its biggest deals (Target, Walmart), but got outsold everywhere else (Gamestop, Best Buy, Amazon...), hence the PS4 winning BF if only just, and thus also probably winning November by a decent margin thanks to bundles and pre orders cumulated.

Man, the Nov NPD sure will be Interesting :)

nah, PS4 will win that month with the earlier weeks. Dec could be interesting if XB keeps $299 and PS4 goes back to $349.

BahamutPT

The sample size is huge and they did not give standard errors, but I'd guess it's still likely a statistical tie at any reasonable significance level.

From what I understand, that sample size is every receipt InfoScout processed, console sales being a fraction (way way less than 50% most likely) of that.

chadskin

MS PR: "Xbox One Gears of War bundle was the top-selling video game console SKU on Black Friday."

Sony PR: "PlayStation 4 was the top-selling video game console on Black Friday."

Everyone wins! Woo!

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Anecdotally speaking, my Walmart had a huge pile of Gears X1 bundles that sat nearly untouched on the main intersection of Electronics once the initial BF surge abated, and those units are now hogging up a ton of space in the backroom.

Uncharted PS4s were sold out within an hour.

Jumeira

Banned
nah, PS4 will win that month with the earlier weeks. Dec could be interesting if XB keeps $299 and PS4 goes back to $349.

Feels like they'll drop Halo 5 bundle price too. Just a hunch, its an irrelevant bundle at that price after Xmas.

reKon

Banned
top selling bundle? doesn't surprise. I'm kind of annoyed that some of my friends who plan on getting an Xbox One didn't hop on these bundles. I just wanted to play Gears with them, lol. I guess I'll wait for the PC version of the Gears then. Playing on a DS4 will be an interesting feeling.

tuna_love

Banned
Anecdotally speaking, my Walmart had a huge pile of Gears X1 bundles that sat nearly untouched on the main intersection of Electronics once the initial BF surge abated, and those units are now hogging up a ton of space in the backroom.

Uncharted PS4s were sold out within an hour.

so youre thinking its more 99% - 1% in ps favour?

Alebrije

MS PR: "Xbox One Gears of War bundle was the top-selling video game console SKU on Black Friday."

Sony PR: "PlayStation 4 was the top-selling video game console on Black Friday."

Everyone wins! Woo!

Nintendo PR : Splatoon / Smash bundle was the best selling bundle of the WiUU story.

Oh man that seems close. Didn't think Xbox One had a chance against the CoD, Destiny, and Battlefront train.

Glad to see them both doing well. Maybe consoles aren't doomed afterall.

lol

I'm not sure what this means but I hope it's about vr

More importantly who have you been talking to about breasts. Even my phone needed it all to be typed lol
Haha, caught me before the edit. It was supposed to be beast mode. I use swipe on my keyboard so it sometimes chooses breast.

That TimDog first tweet, hahah

He has been tweeting at them, needing confirmation, needing to know what data the info is based on. He is on high alert. He predicted an Xbox One November and December win, championing Amazon hourly sales claiming they were for the month, and has been now saying "it will be close" as for November. Lately, his narrative is more about how these Holiday and BF sales only really matter to "Sony Ponies", etc.It's some of the best comedy on the interwebz!

That's very much within a margin of error, so don't take it as gospel of course ^^ AKA it's still as likely that Xbox may have taken BF (and NPD for that matter).

If it is really that close, and you take into the Cod Bundles and the 2 SW Bundles, it could be a nice month for the PS4 in November NPD, and with sales worldwide, a great month for PS4 in November.

faint.

The Microsoft Store GoW bundle pushed me over and I'm finally making the jump to current gen. Been PC / 3DS for a while now. If I wasn't a die hard GoW fan I probably would have gone PS4. I still feel good about my purchase.

Top Bottom