• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox E3 2016 Press Conference: June 13th at 9:30 AM PDT / 12:30 PM EDT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't like you Gywn. This isn't fun.

2 zombie games though? Hope State of Decay 2 isn't the big surprise.

Yeah they looked on the internet and saw everything leaking that's how they knew. I don't think I Understand what your saying Ford

These leaks are from a security breach; someone (or likely a number of people) were able to pull them from MS's servers somehow - these weren't provided by sources.

FordGTGuy is suggesting that MS have realised the security breach/hack (which is logical, as this seems to have taken place weeks ago, and was bricked up), and have built their conference around it.

Gwyn likely has photos of a lot more games too.

What do people expect them to respond to the leaks? "oh nooo our conference is ruined?"

The damage is done, might aswell brush it off in public but you can bet your ass they're all pissed deep down.
I mean it's kinda their fault though. Tell your interns not to load screenshots on public domains a day before your conference.

FordGTGuy

Banned
What do people expect them to respond to the leaks? "oh nooo our conference is ruined?"

The damage is done, might aswell brush it off in public but you can bet your ass they're all pissed deep down.

Either not respond or say "We our sad to see the leaks happen but we still plan to have a great show tomorrow."

Not a shoulder shrug and a smile.

How are you guys thinking that is some kind of reasonable response for them to be making?

Yeah they looked on the internet and saw everything leaking that's how they knew. I don't think I Understand what your saying Ford

I know for a fact that the Xbox One Slim pictures had been leaked for days.

You know what also doesn't make sense Bruce? A shrug and a smile when they could have just said nothing.

SOR5

this ones for you gwynny boy

tumblr_n8pqhqmpdh1th4xn0o1_400.gif

only blinx 3 can spoil my hype now MWAHAHA

I mean, I know you can choose not to look at the leaks, but man, it really kills the speculation and hype. If you're sitting on that info, why leak it? You're not getting any recognition for it, you're not getting paid for it... Why ruin a company's entire E3 press conference. Dick move, to be honest with you.

I think it's safe to say that just about every one of Microsoft's surprises has leaked by now. And its

FordGTGuy

Banned

Pictures of the Slim have been leaked for maybe a week or more now.

I mean, I know you can choose not to look at the leaks, but man, it really kills the speculation and hype. If you're sitting on that info, why leak it? You're not getting any recognition for it, you're not getting paid for it... Why ruin a company's entire E3 press conference. Dick move, to be honest with you.

I think it's safe to say that just about every one of Microsoft's surprises has leaked by now. And its

This is not safe to say.

Chris1

I mean it's kinda their fault though. Tell your interns not to load screenshots on public domains a day before your conference.

It is their fault & MS always has this problem, even last year backwards compatible was up on the website a few minutes before their conference actually started. Though at that point everyone was tuning in and not paying attention to xbox.com to actually get spoiled (though a few in the reddit IRC spotted it), but yeah.

I think it's safe to say that just about every one of Microsoft's surprises has leaked by now. And its kind of a bummer.

Rembrandt

Banned

People are okay with leaks even if you're not and their conference wouldn't have been that good if this was literally the only things they were announcing. Of course there's going to be more surprises tomorrow. Everything leaked has either been known before or heavily hinted at in the case of ori.

FordGTGuy

Banned
Keep going, Gwyn!

Unless it involves FH3; then stop.

If he keeps going.... it will.

Yes among other things. There were some very honorable people who didnt leak them because they wanted you guys to be hype. I'm just being real.

Which is exactly why I'm saying Microsoft probably knew this was going to happen, if it gets out then they lose control of it.

Their response speaks wonders to this.

singhr1

Its...?

If you really care about WHO gives you the same information why are you even here. Why do u care if you are fed information from a PR team or from some random dude on the internet?

Please don't make this another No Man's Sky situation where people are hating reporters for just telling you things

I think it's safe to say that just about every one of Microsoft's surprises has leaked by now. And its kind of a bummer.

Eh, most of the games "leaked" have already been known about. It does kinda suck seeing anything of the game prior to the conference. However...I can see people becoming more interesting in seeing the game in action.

SOR5

Nothings really truly hit my core yet, because ive kind of "known" nearly everything except Ori 2 (fuck you Nerdleaks for that one)

Im still so so so fucking excited

I dare you Gwyn, activate my weakness, show me that Blinx III: Feline Chronicles

thuway

If he keeps going.... it will.

Which is exactly why I'm saying Microsoft probably knew this was going to happen, if it gets out then they lose control of it.

Their response speaks wonders to this.
One of the things I hope people let go of is the idea of shock and awe. Those games you saw in pics in video form look amazing. You haven't seen any thing yet gentlemen. Don't worry about leaks. It's gonna be an awesome day of footage.

FordGTGuy

Banned
I like it when I see this said between leaks.

The funny thing is the only unknown thing that has leaked so far is Ori 2.

Everything else was rumored and those rumors were most likely based on these leaks.

One of the things I hope people let go of is the idea of shock and awe. Those games you saw in pics in video form look amazing. You haven't seen any thing yet gentlemen. Don't worry about leaks. It's gonna be an awesome day of footage.

Exactly, we're just seeing pictures, we aren't seeing any video, details or demos.

I mean I'm still pumped cause I like seeing the actual trailers and hear the team talk about the games so I'm still excited. But damn does it suck for the team when select people desire attention. There's literally no reason to leak everything a day before the event (especially when hear pics have been in circulation privately for a little while) other than to get attention and scream "look at me!"...sucks for the team and Devs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom