• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox E3 Conference 6/11 2pm PST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theorry

The winners are the gamers these last years. Every show this gen has been solid.
Pre 2013 we had alot of years of terrible shows with long talks and crappy "gameplay"

Tristax

Neo Member
Get those Easy Allies Reaction Gifs ready and flood the internet.

Man I love EZA but their anti-Xbox stuff is getting old. Wish I was old enough to remember unbiased journalism. I hear it was a thing once.

Thing is I honestly believe they don't believe they are biased. Don't think there is a vindictive bone among them. Maybe Harvard can do a study to breakdown positive / negative coverage comparisons...

Forza Motorsport 7 will be the 'key' for Xbox.

If this game, will meet the expectations, then it will be fine.
Or else, It's finished. I'll close the live tv show immediately.

Not sure if serious. I don't give a damn about Forza Motorsport, but will most likely be pre-ordering the Scorpio.

I can't remember, but have there been any windows-based announcements (as in for games) at their E3 conferences before, or is it entirely Xbox console? I thought they were sort of trying to combine the two, weren't they?

I would be surprised to see some new Digital Foundry articles go up during or shortly after MS's E3 conference. Show the games looking great during the media briefing, then have DF show the numbers and comparisons.

Man I love EZA but their anti-Xbox stuff is getting old. Wish I was old enough to remember unbiased journalism. I hear it was a thing once.

Thing is I honestly believe they don't believe they are biased. Don't think there is a vindictive bone among them. Maybe Harvard can do a study to breakdown positive / negative coverage comparisons...

Their podcast talking about Microsofts E3 conference was about as neutral as you could ask for? Two of them are really looking forward to the MS conference?

What are you even talking about?

I've verified through various sources that Microsoft is confident that they have nothing to show.

Haha, that's great :)

As for the name, you have to imagine this being said in an American accent (cause its the only fucking one MS understand) - Xbox One Sup

They are going to win the dudebro's back, hard!

jelly

The way they talk about the front panel, I wonder if that's happening on the retail Scorpio. Aside from that, I think the dev kit without all the extra knobs and ports will be the Scorpio.

Their podcast talking about Microsofts E3 conference was about as neutral as you could ask for? Two of them are really looking forward to the MS conference?

I would say that after the E3 of dreams and those gifs of Huber blew up big then they played to their audience and went after the PS base, hard. As you would do.

Out of all of them can you name any who are big fans of Xbox? That's not to say they are malicious with it (maybe Ian) the platform doesn't appeal to them so they don't cover it and aren't that informed about it either.

There not biased, they just don't really care about Xbox in general, none of the big games do anything for them. It's one of the reasons I stopped listening to GT as much as I used too, before they even became EA.

No biggie though, the internet is pretty large and there's lots of content out there whatever you want to hear about.

nillapuddin

as an eza fan also I wouldn't say they are Xbox-negative, they are just xbox-don't care at all.

It does kinda suck to not really get a fix on Xbox info, but I just accept it for what it is

I.e.
None of them knew what beam or mixer was, I was like really, You guys honestly don't even know what it is?

They just prefer playstation platform, I'm fine with it, I just wish sometimes they had at least one person who was an Xbox enthusiast.

I do feel like ian is purposefully calling it petaflops tho and it's annoying

Sony is going to do a similar conference format as last year. That and confirmed Japanese announcements for Sony means no way MS can "win" E3.

Sony has advantage of a strong and beloved first party + good marketing 3rd party deals.

But what has helped Sony last two years is new announcements.

What has hurt MS big time is their whole conference leaking in advance.

E3 conferences have become about "megatons" and MS hasn't had them lately.

I would say that after the E3 of dreams and those gifs of Huber blew up big then they played to their audience and went after the PS base, hard. As you would do.

Out of all of them can you name any who are big fans of Xbox? That's not to say they are malicious with it (maybe Ian) the platform doesn't appeal to them so they don't cover it and aren't that informed about it either.

There not biased, they just don't really care about Xbox in general, none of the big games do anything for them. It's one of the reasons I stopped listening to GT as much as I used too, before they even became EA.

No biggie though, the internet is pretty large and there's lots of content out there whatever you want to hear about.

They don't really play to the PS crowd given they have far more Nintendo content than anything.

Plus, why do they have to be fans of Xbox as a brand if they just enjoy Xbox games? Huber and Brad love and play Gears of War 4. Ben has enjoyed Halo Wars 2 recently. They're not very brand driven so much as they are IP driven (e.g Huber and Shenmue). I can't name any of them that sticks to one brand outside of maybe Damiani who does the Nintendo podcast.

jbug617

Banned
I listen to the EZA MS predictions and you can tell they were really scrounging to come up with stuff because they really don't have interest in the platform.

Tristax

Neo Member

Their coverage since they began, not just a single podcast. And Ian was pretty down on them during the podcast you mentioned. I'm a huge fan of EZA and a patron, just my opinion.

blakep267

Some of them are cool and have varying tatstes like Ben Moore and Huber. But man some of those guys are really dismissive. To the point where you'd ignore them and call them fanboys if they posted here

They don't really play to the PS crowd given they have far more Nintendo content than anything.

Plus, why do they have to be fans of Xbox as a brand if they just enjoy Xbox games? Huber and Brad love and play Gears of War 4. Ben has enjoyed Halo Wars 2 recently. They're not very brand driven so much as they are IP driven (e.g Huber and Shenmue). I can't name any of them that sticks to one brand outside of maybe Damiani who does the Nintendo podcast.

Yeah, its Nintendo first, then PlayStation and I would tie PC/Xbox together. You even said in your initial post that two of them were neutral about the Xbox E3 conference, two out of four were neutral, for an E3 prediction video, lol.

I'm not having a go at them, far from it. They're on their own so need to make bank so they have to focus on what gets them the best return and that is Sony and Nintendo.

I started watching less and less when Defy were swinging the axe and they started to lose a lot of good people, once it became EA its like a couple of times a year now.

As a Nintendo only gamer would I watch their shit? Of course.
As a PlayStation only gamer would I watch their shit? Of course.
As an Xbox only gamer would I watch their shit? Umm, no.

Strootman

DBhiARrUIAECKHe

Yeah, its Nintendo first, then PlayStation and I would tie PC/Xbox together. You even said in your initial post that two of them were neutral about the Xbox E3 conference, two out of four were neutral, for an E3 prediction video, lol.

I'm not having a go at them, far from it. They're on their own so need to make bank so they have to focus on what gets them the best return and that is Sony and Nintendo.

I started watching less and less when Defy were swinging the axe and they started to lose a lot of good people, once it became EA its like a couple of times a year now.

As a Nintendo only gamer would I watch their shit? Of course.
As a PlayStation only gamer would I watch their shit? Of course.
As an Xbox only gamer would I watch their shit? Umm, no.

I said they were about as neutral as you could expect. Meaning more so that they gave it a fair shake. Weren't super negative on it but acknowledged that they need to hit it out of the park. I really don't see anything wrong with that attitude.

For the rest, I suppose I'll have to agree to disagree. I haven't noted any brand bias with them as I find they are largely IP driven and the games take more precedence than the actual brand.

And I like it that way too. I would never want, "oh this guy is the Microsoft dude and this guy is the Sony dude." Sounds awful.

schaft0620

I listen to the EZA MS predictions and you can tell they were really scrounging to come up with stuff because they really don't have interest in the platform.

There really isn't must to talk about compared to Sony we don't really know what teams are working on games for the console like we do with Sony. MS has all the surprises if they have anything. EZA can only speculate what they can while even we can sit here on Gaf and go "I wonder what Sucker Punch is working on" or "What is From going to have" there isn't as much conversation like that you can have for Xbox.

Maybe you guys remember this but not so long ago there was this tweet from a guy called Xray insider or something. He claimed something and later on got back to it and said it wasn't happening now but soon or something. Goddamn I totally forgot what it was but I think it was Xbox related. Anyone know?

I said they were about as neutral as you could expect. Meaning more so that they gave it a fair shake. Weren't super negative on it but acknowledged that they need to hit it out of the park. I really don't see anything wrong with that attitude.

For the rest, I suppose I'll have to agree to disagree. I haven't noted any brand bias with them as I find they are largely IP driven and the games take more precedence than the actual brand.

And I like it that way too. I would never want, "oh this guy is the Microsoft dude and this guy is the Sony dude." Sounds awful.

I don't want an 'Xbox guy' or a 'PS guy' or a 'Nintendo guy' that sounds horrendous. We obviously are just interpreting things differently and that's cool, anyway I think the thread has been derailed enough with our chat so you go to EA and I'll go to GB :)

Maybe you guys remember this but not so long ago there was this tweet from a guy called Xray insider or something. He claimed something and later on got back to it and said it wasn't happening now but soon or something. Goddamn I totally forgot what it was but I think it was Xbox related. Anyone know?

It was about Scalebound, after MS renewed the trademark.
https://twitter.com/XRays_Insider/status/865109797091377152

Jez confirmed it was fake.

Hexer06

Interesting that he says "I see different buttons, different display,.." and not just simply "a display". Display on retail version too?

I noticed that too. I always said it would be cool to keep that display on the console, tho I'm not sure how helpful it would be compared to the cost it could bring to the console. Not sure how cheap that display is, but I can see what it would be used for. Digital clock, controller battery, network status/details, game download progress, system update progress, notifications, etc. Less than a week left!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom