• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox E3 Conference 6/11 2pm PST

Status
Not open for further replies.

peppers

I wake up, telling myself I'm not going to enter here but I obviously do, and all of a sudden there are several major announcements coming for Xbox in six days and one of them might be Ninja Gaiden.

Also, if Jez is under NDA then he has effectively seen these games, or at least Crackdown, so he may be Rand's insider.

Microsoft getting the marketing deals for borderlands and nba2k don't seem like a stretch. If they really don't have fifa anymore I can see them picking up 2k. Also Ninja Gaiden doesn't seem like a stretch either. I don't think Phil Spencer visited Japan just to play in their arcades or something.

Hahahaha well they do have great arcades there. To me it seemed that visit was to make deals for perhaps Kingdom Hearts so that Xbox gets those too. Well the 2.5 one and what not. And probably to try and get games like Nier Automata after all and who knows what else. He did tweet afterwards that the publishers had a lot of enthusiasm for Scorpio and Xbox One.

It's not something that tells us a lot though. Not yet. Really hoping to see some great results from that visit.

darkinstinct

...lacks reading comprehension.
Hmm, so first Corden tweets the leak is 100 % fake, then goes on to say that it is fake because the leaker missed a few announcements?

willbsn13

Hmm, so first Corden tweets the leak is 100 % fake, then goes on to say that it is fake because the leaker missed a few announcements?

He was also on a podcast with Rand Al Thor and didn't seem like he knew a lot of the conference, or at least well enough to say that a leaker missed certain announcements.

jmartoine

He says it is 100% fake because it didn't include a bunch of announcements he knows are coming.

That doesn't mean that some of the stuff on the list isn't true, just them claiming that is the entire MS conference and order is fake as he is certain things are coming.

eso76

Crackdown 3 releases with a playable demo of the next Halo is the small Halo related thing 343 is announcing at E3.

Sorry, no, i was kidding.

Any leaks that claim "I know everything that will be there, here's all of it." can be easily disproven by insiders who actually know some of whatever legit stuff will actually be there.

Basically "you didn't know the existence of legit announcement X, which means you're bullshitting."

Watch exactly 0% of that 4chan post be true when the show happens. Sadly, because there's some promising stuff in there. Even Fable, if not the SP focused game I want could be at least decent if done right.

jmartoine

When Fable Legends was first announced I thought it was going to be a Fable MMO set during the peak of the Guild of Heroes. Would have killed for that game.

darkinstinct

...lacks reading comprehension.
Any leaks that claim "I know everything that will be there, here's all of it." can be easily disproven by insiders who actually know some of whatever legit stuff will actually be there.

Basically "you didn't know the existence of legit announcement X, which means you're bullshitting."

But isn't the best way to keep leaks in check to only feed certain people certain info and not everything to everyone?

IHaveIce

Banned
Hw2 döc on stage? Oh boy.. this will be so uninteresting and I say that as a big Halo fan.

Something regarding Halo 3 or bust

But clearly Jez was allowed to reveal that Halo Wars 2 DLC would be announced, so they really don't see it as some big news themselves as well.

So this can't be their "one and only" new announcement. Assuming there is only one.

Ushay

So it's cool to lie just because you're under NDA? He's full of shit.

You know Jez has been on point before right? Your GAF name really is accurate haha. I hope you find something to feel hyped again after this conference mate.

OT - That 4Chan list, it sounds fake but who knows. Really hope the Obsidian part is true, I have always wondered what they could do with a full AAA attempt at an RPG, obviously with the backing of a top publisher.

wapplew

But clearly Jez was allowed to reveal that Halo Wars 2 DLC would be announced, so they really don't see it as some big news themselves as well.

So this can't be their "one and only" new announcement. Assuming there is only one.

He said bunch major announcements, one of them have to be Halo RPG.
MS had lots of success rotating between mainline Forza and Forza Horizon, they can do the same for Gears and Halo.
Halo RPG for 2018 instead of Halo 6 make too much sense. Saver bet than new IP yet feel fresh, can attract new players to the universe, by 2019, people will hungry for more mainline Halo.
Other major announcements I'm guessing big action game exclusive from Japanese studio as Scalebound replacement, one big thrid party exclusive no one expected because they have those every year.

Not sure this has been reported already but Mark Lawrence, one of my favorite Fantasy authors, tweeted today that an Xbox game based in one of his short stories could be a possibility.

https://twitter.com/Mark__Lawrence/status/871647547898691586

Interesting. It seems the tweet has been deleted though, so I'm guessing there's more to it, maybe he wasn't supposed to give out that info just yet.

Edit

It's still up. Clicked the wrong ink.

He said bunch major announcements, one of them have to be Halo RPG.
MS had lots of success rotating between mainline Forza and Forza Horizon, they can do the same for Gears and Halo.
Halo RPG for 2018 instead of Halo 6 makes too much sense. Saver bet than new IP yet feel fresh, can attract new players to the universe, by 2019, people will hungry for more mainline Halo.
Other major announcements I'm guessing big action game exclusive from Japanese studio as Scalebound replacement, one big thrid party exclusive no one expected because they have those every year.

I would love a well made Halo RPG. The lore is rich and there's a lot more MS can do with the franchise.

Yeah I saw...well I guess that kinda counts as my first scoop? :p

Edit.: It's not...I think I linked wrongly on the other thread

Was a bit confused why it was there one minute and gone the other ...lol

Thorrgal

Interesting. It seems the tweet has been deleted though, so I'm guessing there's more to it,maybe he wasn't supposed to give out that info just yet.

Yeah I saw...well I guess that kinda counts as my first scoop? :p

Edit.: It's not...I think I linked wrongly on the other thread

m23

And so starts the final workweek before e3. I'm sure we'll see some leaks these next few days. People who want to stay dark may want to avoid GAF soon. I'll go dark the day before in case any last minute leaks like last year.

I don't think there was much leaked for MS prior to E3 2015, right? It only happened last year because MS goofed. I don't think we will get as many leaks this year but you never know.

I don't think there was much leaked for MS prior to E3 2015, right? It only happened last year because MS goofed. I don't think we will get as many leaks this year but you never know.

Yeah I believe it was a technical issue on their end. A similar thing happened with the Surface laptop unveiling a few weeks ago. Hopefully they get that shit together.

willbsn13

Jez is streaming on mixer right now and basically saying he's known about a few E3 announces for weeks now and is under NDA. Hardly news I know, but it's maybe why we've had few leaks so far (and we'll get them closer to the conference)

Jez is streaming on mixer right now and basically saying he's known about a few E3 announces for weeks now and is under NDA. Hardly news I know, but it's maybe why we've had few leaks so far (and we'll get them closer to the conference)

I bet he knows what the system looks like.

That lucky fuck.

Thorrgal

Good story, but you can tell he's a Brit writing a story set in the US. Lots of funny inconsistences.

Wonder what kind of game it'll be.

He actually was borned in the US, moved to the UK at the age of 1 and went back to the US after getting a PhD in Mathematics to work on "a variety of research projects including the 'Star Wars' missile defence programme". Back in the UK he has worked mainly in "image processing and decission /reasoning theory". That's from one of his books.

The wikipedia also says he worked as " a research scientist in the field of artificial intelligence. He has held secret level clearance with both US and UK governments"

He took some night classes in creative writing when he was working in the US and the next is history ;)

Edit: He has 2 trilogies, The Broken Empire (which it was considered one of the pinnacles of "Grimdark Fantasy" when it came out), and the Red Queen's War (based on the same world, with a more light-hearted tone. I recommend ppl to start with this.)

He just started a new Trilogy based om a different world that is equally fantastic. I dare to say better as you can see his prose improving as he takes more "literary risks" in this one

yoonshik

Microsoft just filed a new logo.

1496665105-cj4jx4fzvcc523ya2tmalskflf4pf2jes5jucvvffzvwdkrle77sm7rcozr6teimwncqdab6n25va.jpeg

1496665233-screen-shot-2017-06-05-at-14-20-07.png

Source: EUIPO

guys, could this be the logo of Xbox Scorpio? Can't find anything on gooogle and I want to ask here before making a thread about it.

ekim

1496665105-cj4jx4fzvcc523ya2tmalskflf4pf2jes5jucvvffzvwdkrle77sm7rcozr6teimwncqdab6n25va.jpeg

guys, could this be the logo of Xbox Scorpio? Can't find anything on gooogle and I want to ask here before making a thread about it.

--
edit:
Computer game software for use with personal computers and video game consoles.
Video game consoles for use with an external display screen or monitor; video game interactive remote control units.

So yes. Sounds like Scorpio

gamz

When was it filed? Hard to believe if it's recent because I'm sure it takes a while to get approved, no?

Raide

After so many people calling it Project Scorpio, MS keeping it to Scorpio is fine with me. Xbox Scorpio. MS Scorpio.

"Might" get made by Microsoft means it isn't even in production yet. If it's even an actual thing It ain't showing up

You're right man. I got ahead of myself there.

Very interesting. If they go with the Scorpio name after all I'd very much like that. Or some other name with an S. But what?

Thorrgal

You gotta do it. Gotta call it scorpio and have a scorpion on the box. Only way to go

Yeah. This is nothing to be excited about anytime soon

Unless you're a Mark Lawrence hardcore fan like me :p

But yeah, it will probably be a next-gen game, or inter-generational one

Azzawon

I'm probably
more than likely
wrong on this but I can't imagine MS would leave the Scorpio name on the Xbox.

Perhaps that 'S' logo is a rebrand of the current Xbox One S and the 'Scorpio' will in fact be called 'Infinity' with a complete loop logo? (Reason I'm thinking this is because of the way the logo kinda represents a split infinity symbol as well as an 'S')

S for speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom