• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Live Arcade - Announcements & Updates 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rlan

Sinatar said:
$15 for Quake 3 on a gamepad with Peer to Peer networking.

EL OH Fucking EL.

Well when you consider it next to other XBLA games it's packed filled with content. All maps from Team Arena and the original, plus 13 brand new ones.

Might be free elsewhere, but it'd still be worth $15 to buy :p

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010-12-15-infinity-blade-devs-enders-game-tabled

Chair Entertainment, the developer behind Shadow Complex and Infinity Blade, has put Ender's Game on indefinite hold.

The reason? It didn't match parent company Epic Games' vision for original games.

"We have and had an amazing design for the Ender's Game game," co-founder Donald Mustard told Joystiq, but "one of Epic's primary objectives is to create original and unique franchises. I don't know that Ender's Game fits into that strategic objective anymore."

"So, probably not," Mustard said of the project's completion. "Not from us."

Ender's Game was to be a downloadable game based on author Orson Scott Card's 1985 science fiction novel.

While Chair is unlikely to make Ender's Game, there is hope that it may one day see the light of day - from another developer.

"If anyone decides they want to make it," Mustard said, "I have some ideas I'd love to talk to them about."

Last month Mustard told Eurogamer Chair has "lots of ideas for the future of Shadow Complex, but that's all we can say right now".

Kafel

Banned

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Kafel said:
No screen was unveiled from this game ? I guess Chair had the license before Epic bought them or else it wouldn't make much sense, right ?

I think they may have been a tiny screenshot of the game back in the day, but yea, Chiar was the licensee before the Epic purchase, picked up at the same time as Shadow Complex/Alpha Complex.

Possible Christmas sales from another forum - RFD

Xbox Magazine came in the mail today and has given clues for some of the deals coming up in the next week, but didn't give the titles, only hints.

GAME ADD-ONS
Are you afraid of the dark?
Fly to the rescue in outer space!
Keep your hat on and don't stop shooting.
Turn up the volume to get down.

MOVIES
Act your age, whatever that is.
Become a hero, that's not so super...
It's lonely, being the last person on Earth.

XBLA
Turn out the lights for this delight!
What a way to start the week!
Work with Elvis in this classic!

Predictions

GAME ADD-ONS
1. Alan Wake DLC
2. Mass Effect 2
3. Red Dead Redemption
4. Dance Central DLC

MOVIES
1. Grown Ups
2. Kick-Ass
3. I Am Legend

XBLA
1. Limbo
2. Monday Night Combat
3. Perfect Dark

DasRaven

sweetvar26 said:
Possible Christmas sales from another forum - RFD

I have 800 points waiting for Limbo.
Looking at the exclusives roadmap, it might be the last 360 game I buy for quite a while.

Here is a preview of the 11 deals and their discounted price that will be available December 21 – December 31

Super Meat Boy Discounted Price: 800 Savings: 33%
Comic Jumper Discounted Price: 800 Savings: 33%
Toy Soldiers Discounted Price: 800 Savings: 33%
Banjo Tooie Discounted Price: 600 Savings: 50%
Castle Crashers Discounted Price: 600 Savings: 50%
The UnderGarden Discounted Price: 400 Savings: 50%
Risk Factions Discounted Price: 400 Savings: 50%
Afterburner Climax Discounted Price: 400 Savings: 50%
Borderland's Claptrap New Revolution Discounted Price: 400 Savings: 50%
Carcassonne Discounted Price: 400 Savings: 50%
http://majornelson.com/archive/2010/12/16/coming-soon-to-the-xbox-live-marketplace-dec-16-2010.aspx

Think I'll get a few of those.

BigMack

GarthVaderUK said:

Looks like just Banjo Tooie for me. Would get Comic Jumper and Super Meat Boy, but 1200 down to 800 is not a deal in my eyes. That is just putting them back to what their regular price should have been.

Besides, MS has shown us that a 50% off sale on 1200 point games is possible, so I will just wait until those games hit 600 somewhere down the line.

BigMack

Kafel said:

OMG!! I can't wait for all of these action RPG dungeon crawlers to hit XBLA through the next year. Torchlight, Magicka, Dungeon Defenders and several others I know I'm forgetting. Hell, we might even get Diablo 3 at some point, though I'm sure that will be a retail release.

I've always been a sucker for these types of games and the only one on XBLA that I know of is Arkadian Warriors. Some of my best times back in the day were going over to my friends house and playing the Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance games and the Champions of Norrath games and even the PS1 version of Diablo, all night long for hours on end. Good times.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
BigMack said:
OMG!! I can't wait for all of these action RPG dungeon crawlers to hit XBLA through the next year. Torchlight, Magicka, Dungeon Defenders and several others I know I'm forgetting. Hell, we might even get Diablo 3 at some point, though I'm sure that will be a retail release.

I've always been a sucker for these types of games and the only one on XBLA that I know of is Arkadian Warriors. Some of my best times back in the day were going over to my friends house and playing the Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance games and the Champions of Norrath games and even the PS1 version of Diablo, all night long for hours on end. Good times.
Dungeon Defenders is sort of a tower defense hybrid. The others are more traditional dungeon crawls.

Yeh, as SapientWolf said this game is much more of a tower defense game BigMack. Tower defense but with the added ability of controlling a character that gets loot on top of it. Looks pretty nice and I'm looking forward to the demo.

BigMack

SapientWolf said:
Dungeon Defenders is sort of a tower defense hybrid. The others are more traditional dungeon crawls.

BMX Bandit said:
Yeh, as SapientWolf said this game is much more of a tower defense game BigMack. Tower defense but with the added ability of controlling a character that gets loot on top of it. Looks pretty nice and I'm looking forward to the demo.

Ah ok. Thanks for the clarification. That trailer is the only video I've ever seen of it and upon first glance, it seems like a traditional dungeon crawler game, but going back to watch it again, I see the tower defense aspect now. No matter, game still looks very fun though.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...

vixlar

I was going to rage about Risk Factions: ¡Oh great, a discount just when I bought it!

Then, I remember I bought it on a Deal of the Week, hehehehe.

Carcassone 50%... great news!!!

Kafel

Banned
Shard said:

Dark Energy Digital is delighted to announce Hydrophobia Pure - a comprehensive title update which overhauls many of the games systems and introduces a number of enhancments, according to the feedback we received from critics and the community. Hydrophobia Pure will launch on Tuesday 21st December as a free update for existing Hydrophobia owners and coincides with a price drop to just 800 Microsoft points.

Well I guess that's nice. I'm still not interested in the game though.

besiktas1

Even a free add on couldn't make me play through that shit again. I endured through Hydrophobia due to my OCD of having to finish games. It was a bad bad game...

Kafel said:
Well I guess that's nice. I'm still not interested in the game though.

That's pretty cool that it's a title update, I was worried they'd try and rerelease it as a new game.

Doesn't really wipe clean their whole "stalk and threaten reviewers" thing, but I'll give the trial another shot.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Retro City Rampage out on XBLA first, WiiWare later
http://www.destructoid.com/exclusive-retro-city-rampage-out-on-xbla-first-wiiware-later-189983.phtml

Brian Provinciano, the mad man responsible for Retro City Rampage, has exclusively revealed to Destructoid that his retro-style homage to gaming will now be coming out on Xbox Live Arcade Summer 2011. With that good news comes with some sad news as the WiiWare version of Retro City Rampage will now be coming out in Fall 2011, months after the XBLA version.

Although the release date comes later than originally planned, both versions of the game will now include more content, such as more missions and more playable characters. The Xbox 360 version will also include widescreen support and additional Xbox LIVE features including a challenge mode, character creator mode and video replays.

Brian wanted to make sure we let Wii fans know that he has "done everything possible to avoid disappointing them" and "apologizes for the delay". Retro City Rampage is a "100% self-funded" project still and Brian is actually cashing in the rest of his retirement savings this week to continue work on the game. That's pure dedication right there, folks!

Releasing his project on XBLA will help guarantee Brian some money from the project, especially considering that WiiWare doesn't do all that well in the sales department. Brian summed up the situation to us by stating that "in order to continue making these games and not have to start flipping burgers after Retro City Rampage is done, it needed to be multi-platform."

Gamejunky said:
Any idea what the unique daily deal for today is?

Red Dead Redemption Game Add-ons

Liars & Cheats Normal Price:800 Discounted Price: 400 Savings: 50%
Legends & Killers Pack Normal Price: 800 Discounted Price: 400 Savings: 50%
Undead Nightmare Normal Price: 800 Discounted Price: 600 Savings: 25%
Undead Nightmare Collection Normal Price: 1600 Discounted Price: 1200 Savings: 25%

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom