• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Live Countdown Sale starting December 22 - "Biggest sale ever"

life is strange if worth it? how is the game, like telltale games?

A physical release is being released in Jan 2016 for 29.99, why it is more expensive? any extra stuff?

jond76

Banned
How is Chivalry on the xbone? I have it on PC, but I only played a bit on my crappy old laptop - while the game was fun it didn't run well.

Does it run pretty well? There was definitely a lot of fun to be had.

I just messed around with it. Seemed to run fine.

Megatron

I missed life is strange when it went on sale last time. I didnt realize it was only a 2 day sale. Not messing around this time. Already bought.

How is Gears Ultimate? I'm thinking about grabbing it since it's $20 off
It's Gears Of War 1 with a few modernizations and is generally what a remaster should be. If you like the stripped down slower pace of the first Gears you should like it, it does still have the old movement for the most part though so if that bugs you. be aware

MauroNL

I'm still debating wheter to buy Alien with all the DLC vs Zombi. I liked what I played of ZombiU on WiiU and I've always wanted to finish the game if it ever got a release on Xbox One. Alien seems to have more bang for your buck though, but I haven't even seen any of the movies (yes, shame on me) and the stuff I've seen of the game didn't really do much for me and it seems there is very little action in the game; more just sneaking and stuff.

sam777

Life is Strange is pretty good, I bought it during the VGA sale but I will say that it may not be everyones cup of tea so to speak.

minx

Life is Strange is pretty good, I bought it during the VGA sale but I will say that it may not be everyones cup of tea so to speak.

Can you elaborate?

Got Life Is Strange. Maybe my wife will enjoy it with me, she liked Until Dawn a lot.

Yeah I think I'm going to pick this up this play with the wife. She liked making decisions for me in the Telltale games.

EBreda

Thanks, OP.

Just got Shovel Knight, Life is Strange, Zombi.

Already have Alien but that's a steal, if I could I'd buy it again.

For those undecided on Split /Second, I'd say it's the best arcade racer of last gen. Yes, better than any Burnout or Blur. The DLC adds 2 tracks, a bunch of new cars and some new modes (aka minigames), but you don't need it to appreciate the awesome career mode that is shaped as a TV series with multiple seasons.

I simply love that game, finished 100 percent and made to rank n. 1 on the multiplayer mode. That's an unprecedented feat for me lol.

I just recalled some tracks and they're awesome. Multiple paths, different routes each lap depending on the activation of the Super moves or whatever they're called (partial destruction of the track that shapes it differently), great sound fx and the best UI in a racing game.

Go for it!

MrBlonde

I just bought Saints Row, I know the Xmas DLC is short but I have always wanted to play that, looks great and love anything Xmas. I wish my 360 save would transfer over because I did get halfway through the main game so it will kind of suck to start over but owell.

Still trying to decide on Alien, ill have to watch some YouTube videos or a couple revies this week and make my decision.

def sim

Along with Tales from the Borderlands and Until Dawn, Life is Strange is one of the best story-driven games of the year. Pick it up!

Shaka brahs.

Bought Alien and Broken Sword this morning to add to Storm Island and Stick of Truth. Good sale for me so far, only disappointment was small reduction on Fallout, but I was hoping for more rather than expecting...

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
$10 for Life Is Strange during the VGA was so worth it. Glad to see that it's on sale again for people who didn't take advantage of the deal before.

Yes I missed it during that sale. Been hoping this was going to happen during this sale.

Great news.

So no opinions on Velocity 2x?

I would like to know as well. Game looks very cool. But I don't know anyone that has played it.

jond76

Banned
Yes I missed it during that sale. Been hoping this was going to happen during this sale.

Great news.

I would like to know as well. Game looks very cool. But I don't know anyone that has played it.

I heard good things about Velocity X2 from a different thread a while back so I bought it. Word was positive.

I picked up Insanity for the new year. Heard good things.

bman94

Just played through the trial for Life Is Strange. It kinda got me hooked. Now I'm debating between Life is Strange for $10 or Alien Isolation for $10.

FracturedZero

Neo Member

I played on PS4. Really enjoyed it though I only played until about level 30. Plan on getting back to it. It has on foot levels along with the space stuff and it all works really well. Levels are quick and you learn new things as you go along. High replay value in trying to improve your time and save everyone. I would say it's worth ten dollars or less though it was a PS+ title so I didn't pay anything.

Westraid

Super happy I waited a bit before getting the 360 version of Life is Strange.
I meant to get it yesterday but I was too busy. Will be picking up the XBO later this evening.

Is there replay value to Life is Strange?

Not particularly. You can go back and get collectibles you missed or just replay to make different choices but that's about it.

Regardless, the game is well worth $10 and I would absolutely recommend it to everyone at that price. Life is Strange is fantastic.

MechDX

Biught Burnout Paradise for $3 is bringing back some memories and making me long for Burnout: Revenge.

Still love the Circuit City hot rod car. Wheelies for days!

Really fun fast game. Offering quite the variation gameplay wise with a mix of schmup ship section and speedy side scroller platforming with mild gunning sections. Everything is designed for speed runs. Easy to learn but hard to master. It has an arcadey feel to it as you try to beat both time and score on all levels. Maybe not for everyone but if you like old school gameplay with modern twists it is enjoyable.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I heard good things about Velocity X2 from a different thread a while back so I bought it. Word was positive.

I picked up Insanity for the new year. Heard good things.

Insanity is a great program. My wife does it. The dude is one of the best motivators I've ever seen.

I played through all of velocity 2x on PS4 and loved it. I definitely recommend it; it is a cool hybrid of vertical shooter, side scrolling with some cool power ups. Good style and music too.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Life Is Strange worth it for £7.99 or should I hold off on a sale on the PS4 version?
I don't like how ridiculous/dramatic it becomes, but there is enough "a day in the life" atmosphere there to be worth it IMO. It's a really well-realized world and characterization that is very unique. I'd only say stay away if you're allergic to insecure personalities because the protagonist has major issues and it can be painful to listen to her mind.

Top Bottom