• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One drinks the Dew

UNCMark

Banned
Blechhhhhhh disgusting.

I shall cleanse my palate by looking at something pleasing:

BRzPCmmCQAAEHXT-640x437.jpg

That's how you do a limited edition console. Unfortunately it's fake, but still not as unfortunate as the fact that the Dew Xbox One is real. I don't even like the color of the controller. I get why they did it though. Nascar is huge.

I've never much cared what a console looks like, but that thing is almost worse than Microsoft's original XB1 DRM policies. I wouldn't allow it in the house.

Blechhhhhhh disgusting.

That's how you do a limited edition console. Unfortunately it's fake, but still not as unfortunate as the fact that the Dew Xbox One is real. I don't even like the color of the controller. I get why they did it though. Nascar is huge.

1361358306636416611.GIF

Gorgeous!

frizby

This picture is like a perfect storm of things I don't like...Xbone, Dew, NASCAR, southern culture (I grew up there), the colors, that particular driver...just everything...terrible.

The worst thing about it isn't the theme but that it looks like it was hand painted on with little to no attention to a smooth clear coat. You can almost feel the bump on the paint, it doesn't look like a corporate sponsorship manufactured product but a bad fan-design from xbox-scene.

The controller is cool on it's own though.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I was expecting a video of someone dumping mountain dew on an xbox one.

~ZIO~

Neo Member
I like it. Too bad they won't be selling that one or I'd get it. It gets the NASCAR theme down successfully.

er...have people NEVER seen NASCAR?

The idea of subtle color matching is foreign to Nascar...seriously, the best looking car was the Home Depot orange but generally speaking, those nascars have some funky colour matching going on...Throw in the obnoxious amount of ads on their cars and the Xbox 1 looks sublime and understated.

Street racing colour palettes/Need for Speed/Tokyo Drift it is not among the Nascar ciruit.

shuraiya

Doesn't this monstrosity defeat the whole purpose of the Xbox One design: A console that blends in to any existing home theater set up without looking out of place? This thing just looks cheap and sticky.

Ok...I'm honestly asking.

Does ANYONE hear actually watch Nascar or do you just hear it by others?

The colours perfectly match the car and while I'm no Nascar fan, to say that this won't appeal to a large segment of the population shows how insular neogaf is.

You guys do realize NASCAR is more popular in the states than any videogame series right? Those midnight lineups for a new PS4/Xbox one are NOTHING compared to when NASCAR rolls into town. Past the mason-dixie line, the hierarchy is high school football college football -> NASCAR -> NFL.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
That's just hideous. I guess it goes well with Xbox stance on the customer paying for advertisements. Here the console itself is the advertisement!

Replicant

Hmmm...it looks slightly better than the original Xbone design, I guess.

Wait...I'm not sure which one is more hideous, actually.

Replicant

Blechhhhhhh disgusting.

FUUUUCK. I thought it's real and was going to cancel my first day PS4 pre-order. Dat Steelbook.....*drools*

Ok...I'm honestly asking.

Does ANYONE hear actually watch Nascar or do you just hear it by others?

The colours perfectly match the car and while I'm no Nascar fan, to say that this won't appeal to a large segment of the population shows how insular neogaf is.

You guys do realize NASCAR is more popular in the states than any videogame series right? Those midnight lineups for a new PS4/Xbox one are NOTHING compared to when NASCAR rolls into town. Past the mason-dixie line, the hierarchy is high school football college football -> NASCAR -> NFL.

Nascar

BLOWS !!!!

Top Bottom