• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One game sale on Xbox Live (Mirrors Edge $8!)

ElfArmy177

I don't think it's officially up yet. Deals With Gold updates on Tuesdays and you will get an add at home screen.

You can sometimes buy it before the sale goes live by manually searching for the titles though.

Thanks! I just want payday to go on sale to play with my friends.. seems it's never gonna happen though

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Damn, I got Catalyst when it dropped right after launch for 35.99 to support another sequel when I knew I didn't have time to play anything at all. And I STILL haven't had the to play it (and many, many others) yet.

$8 digital is a crazy steal, can't see why you'd skip it if you have even the slightest interest in it.

I am also still waiting on The Witcher 3 Expansion Pass to go on sale ffs.

CD Projekt had already stated long time ago that it would never go on sale on any platform, considering the deal it's already at for what you get, and I certainly agree, many others would as well.

So I'd just buy it right now if I were you.

G0523

I enjoyed the first mirror's edge, is this one more of the same?
Kind of. It's a retelling of the first game but they added in a more open-world feel with lots of side quests. Your mileage may vary but personally I didn't like it. And I really enjoyed the first one.

Clunker

Those are my recommendations for those unsure. PvZ 2 is especially a whole lot of fun.
Is the online community still active? And how playable is it if I tend to play without a headset?

Sorely tempted by this and Stranger of Sword City ... definitely picking up Mirror's Edge Catalyst. I was turned off by the initial impressions but for 8 bones I'll bear with some open world baggage for a chance to get back into that world.

Wow, Dragon Age GOTY for $13 is insane!

That's it, I'm holding off on buying Mass Effect and waiting 2 years so I can buy the GOTY edition for $13.

Flux

Dam is fire watch really that bad? Really wanted it at one point

The framerate chugs. My workaround was to just walk everywhere and not look around much because the world was not meant to be seen by mortal eyes. Also the devs abandoned the console versions.

Orca

I smell Madden FIFA and NHL 17 coming to access soon..

good sale.

Madden is already there. Not sure about FIFA. NHL is end of next month.

I have such a hard time buying EA titles on sale... I mean some of these are ALREADY in the Vault. Why spend $20 on a game that you could spend that on EA Access and get the game plus a bunch of others?

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
And yet, still no Shovel Knight on sale. This was the last chance to have it on sale before the price increase next week and Xbox is the only platform to not do it. What is Microsoft's problem with this game? Digital only and hardly ever on sale.

I had no idea that Microsoft's is the only store that didn't put it on sale. Weird.

malfcn

I have credit expiring in days.. So perfect timing.

Inside was on the short list.
Is The Witness still in high praise?

fenners

For $2 more is the deluxe version worth it?

For PvsZ 2 Deluxe, I think it's just extra skins + a bunch of coins. Coins are useful, they let you get more "stuff" to plant & use in missions, and random skin packs. The skins? Meh. $2 isn't much though...

statham

Is the online community still active? And how playable is it if I tend to play without a headset?

Sorely tempted by this and Stranger of Sword City ... definitely picking up Mirror's Edge Catalyst. I was turned off by the initial impressions but for 8 bones I'll bear with some open world baggage for a chance to get back into that world.

I play almost everyday, 1000 hours in. very active. mostly kids use mics, and friendly chatter with them. I booted up the OG PvsZ today, and thats still alive as well.

Fox Mulder

Kind of. It's a retelling of the first game but they added in a more open-world feel with lots of side quests. Your mileage may vary but personally I didn't like it. And I really enjoyed the first one.

That's all I've heard about it. I'll pass and the first is BC, which is great.

Daigoro

did Mirrors Edge ever get an OT? (i must be missing it) edit: found the OT by searching catalyst.

is it any good? semi open world sounds... eh.

Everyone buy Mirror's Edge right now.
Don't question it, don't fight it, buy this game for the ridiculously low asking price and never look back.

Fox Mulder

did Mirrors Edge ever get an OT? (i must be missing it) edit: found the OT by searching catalyst.

is it any good? semi open world sounds... eh.

There was a thread last week where people just kept saing how bland, boring, and mediocre it is.

KDC720

Thinking about Garden Warfare 2 and Hyperlight. Maybe INSIDE as well.

Catalyst is good not great imo. I think the first one is miles better but for 8 bucks you could do a whole lot worse.

malfcn

What is this horseshit.

pB0dH34.png

CD Projekt had already stated long time ago that it would never go on sale on any platform, considering the deal it's already at for what you get, and I certainly agree, many others would as well.

So I'd just buy it right now if I were you.

It's on sale on PSN so that CD Project Red comment is bullshit.

Top Bottom