• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One game sale on Xbox Live (Mirrors Edge $8!)

amdb00mer

Catalyst for £8 is absolutely worth it.

Mirror's Edge for 8 bucks is worth it.

I thought i was worth it when it was $60, but that's just me. definitely pick it up if you have not yet for that $8, even if you have EA Access to show DICE support. The game is better than most people think. I actually think it is a much faster and more fluid game over the original. I made sure to complete it 100% and get that 1000G gamerscore. Sad that since it did not sell as well as it should have we may never get any DLC or even a sequel. :(

It's on sale on PSN so that CD Project Red comment is bullshit.

It's also been on sale on GOG. Not sure about Steam.

On a side note: The Witcher 3 GOTY Edition (XB1/PS4) with all the DLC was $20 at Best Buy just a few weeks ago. Given that sale price will likely be repeated again a time or two and eventually become the regular price, the idea that the season pass "will never go on sale" would be particularly silly in light of that.

jem0208

did Mirrors Edge ever get an OT? (i must be missing it) edit: found the OT by searching catalyst.

is it any good? semi open world sounds... eh.
The open world works brilliantly with the Mirror's Edge formula and anyone who says otherwise is straight up wrong.

The main campaign missions are very similar to the first, linear with loads of cool setpieces, the only difference being you start them by running to a start point in the world. The story is pretty forgettable but it serves reasonably well in pushing the game along. Basically it's pretty much more of the first game which is great.

However, alongside the campaign you've got this massive playground of an open world. It is filled with so much content. People who complain that the side missions are boring and a waste of time are being ridiculous, that's like complaning the races in Forza Horizon are pointless filler. Time trials and races are the bread and butter of Mirror's Edge. That's what the game is all about. You've also got puzzle and platforming missions, user created races of various types, leader boards etc.

If you like the gameplay in Mirror's Edge then absolutely buy it. Catalyst builds upon the the first in some good ways and gives you a wealth of content to play with. It's fantastic and massively underrated.

sam777

CD Projekt had already stated long time ago that it would never go on sale on any platform, considering the deal it's already at for what you get, and I certainly agree, many others would as well.

So I'd just buy it right now if I were you.

It was on sale on Playstation in the UK a couple of weeks ago, 50% off it was.

For $2 more is the deluxe version worth it?

For PvsZ 2 Deluxe, I think it's just extra skins + a bunch of coins. Coins are useful, they let you get more "stuff" to plant & use in missions, and random skin packs. The skins? Meh. $2 isn't much though...

Deluxe adds the exclusive Mass Effect N7-themed Zombie character (alternate Imp class), another random character from a sticker pack, a couple sets of gaudy emoji-related accessories for both Plants and Zombies, and 200,000 coins. The Phenomenal Character Pack sticker pack costs 75,000 coins, and unlocks a character every time you purchase it. So Deluxe is essentially worth 4 and 2/3 characters. I thought it was worth the extra $2 (I'm also a big Mass Effect fan).

Daigoro

The open world works brilliantly with the Mirror's Edge formula and anyone who says otherwise is straight up wrong.

The main campaign missions are very similar to the first, linear with loads of cool setpieces, the only difference being you start them by running to a start point in the world. The story is pretty forgettable but it serves reasonably well in pushing the game along. Basically it's pretty much more of the first game which is great.

However, alongside the campaign you've got this massive playground of an open world. It is filled with so much content. People who complain that the side missions are boring and a waste of time are being ridiculous, that's like complaning the races in Forza Horizon are pointless filler. Time trials and races are the bread and butter of Mirror's Edge. That's what the game is all about. You've also got puzzle and platforming missions, user created races of various types, leader boards etc.

If you like the gameplay in Mirror's Edge then absolutely buy it. Catalyst builds upon the the first in some good ways and gives you a wealth of content to play with. It's fantastic and massively underrated.

thanks for the impressions.

Xbox Rewards has an offer for the month of March. Buy $60 worth of games and get $6 back. You must first activate the offer on the Rewards site. Great opportunity to stack it with this sale.

Now to decide what to buy...

Xbox Rewards has an offer for the month of March. Buy $60 worth of games and get $6 back. You must first activate the offer on the Rewards site. Great opportunity to stack it with this sale.

Now to decide what to buy...

Thanks for the heads up, I almost forgot to check Rewards today for the new month's content.

I wish I waited a week to preorder Andromeda primarily with credit - I timed getting a month of EA Access last week to maximise my time with the vault and to take advantage of its perks for Mass Effect and I got excited and preordered the Deluxe Edition right away. Doubt I'll spend an additional $60 this month, but we'll see.

Shirow

Banned
Should one play the previous dragon age games before Inquisition? I have it through EA access but never touched it because idk if so.

Rocketz

Picked up Abzu last night and I'm really enjoying it so far. I've wanted it for awhile but said I'd wait for a sale. Haven't bought anything in a minute so I figure so is as good as time as ever.

I loved finding this. I wish I could go back to the location. It does kinda kill the frame rate a little though.
tumblr_obb4b8CnaU1u4rawro2_500.gif

Jakabok

Godammit why won't Mass Effect 2 and 3 DLC go on sale again! They were 50 percent off in the Summer. They'd clean up as all the games have been made backward compatible now.

Godammit why won't Mass Effect 2 and 3 DLC go on sale again! They were 50 percent off in the Summer. They'd clean up as all the games have been made backward compatible now.

Actually this is precisely why it will never go on sale again. Since it's now back compat and on EA Access, demand for the DLC is very high so no need to discount it. Unfortunately this happens all the time with back compat games.

neurophd

Deluxe adds the exclusive Mass Effect N7-themed Zombie character (alternate Imp class), another random character from a sticker pack, a couple sets of gaudy emoji-related accessories for both Plants and Zombies, and 200,000 coins. The Phenomenal Character Pack sticker pack costs 75,000 coins, and unlocks a character every time you purchase it. So Deluxe is essentially worth 4 and 2/3 characters. I thought it was worth the extra $2 (I'm also a big Mass Effect fan).

Thank you, bought!

Top Bottom