• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

Computer

Mine got cancelled but not by Cosco. I don't know where I'm going to get it now.

My cousins pre order got canceled two times buy Microsoft. He spent 3 hours on the phone with them. Now they are sending him the console free of charge. I Saw the email is said discount 499.99.

Sydle

This Year has been like this:

h8B5E72B9

It's funny, but you'll need to swap the PS4 and Xbox logos for more accurate representation.

FordGTGuy

Banned
I don't have a horse in this race but this couldn't be further from the truth unless you live in some altered reality.

I haven't gotten my xbox one yet, but if we are going to make a gif off of the PR, and this past year this is the oddest and most inaccurate gif in the world.

Sony spent a lot of time in the PR sunlight but stayed in silence for a very long time and ever since that silence has been broken it has only gotten worse for them.

The real problem is the amount that over hyped the PS4 and now it cannot live up to this expectation.

It's funny, but you'll need to swap the PS4 and Xbox logos for more accurate representation.

Really? Lately the PS4 has been on the bad side of things while the Xbox has recovered from a lot of the bad PR.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
My cousins pre order got canceled two times buy Microsoft. He spent 3 hours on the phone with them. Now they are sending him the console free of charge. I Saw the email is said discount 499.99.
This i don't believe.
Sony spent a lot of time in the PR sunlight but stayed in silence for a very long time and ever since that silence has been broken it has only gotten worse for them.

The real problem is the amount that over hyped the PS4 and now it cannot live up to this expectation.
What is this? Are were just making stuff up in here.

As a multiconsole owner I may need to stay out of this thread. Revisionist future history fanfiction in here?

Pachimari

I just wonder. If the HDMI from my Mac Mini is plugged into the Xbox One, will the Kinect still turn on my TV on the right input while turning on Xbox One?

I'm just gonna bring this up the page.

Anyway, have they said when we should expect Minecraft? December? January?

FordGTGuy

Banned
This i don't believe.

What is this? Are were just making stuff up in here.

As a multiconsole owner I may need to stay out of this thread. Revisionist future history fanfiction in here?

How is that fanfiction?

Lately the PS4 has received a lot of bad PR and has definitely been over hyped.

I guess it's drive-by hour?

I think ms has some issues with the design of their hardware but I think overall the lineup is stellar from launch through 2014. Lots of great games to be excited about. Not quite as excited for the ps4 titles but that could change. I hunger to see halo 5 in action.

jem0208

I think for it to be perfect, the Xbox and PS4 logos would need to be swapped and the Xbox would have to pull the PS4 into the pool with it at the end. Oh and the Wii U would have to be removed.

MThanded

How is that fanfiction?

You mean lukewarm console faux reviews and broken consoles that are quickly being replaced. Pretty sure Sony is not complaining about the PR. They launched a week earlier with 100 dollar difference and sold over a million in a weekend. Users seem overwhelmingly happy. Software attach rate is probably through the roof thanks to target and Amazon b2g1.

I'm buying both. However, you seem to be inventing some stuff here.

This isn't console wars. This is just some cold hard truths. I'll see you on xbox live

FordGTGuy

Banned
You mean lukewarm console faux reviews and broken consoles that are quickly being replaced. Pretty sure Sony is not complaining about the PR. They launched a week earlier with 100 dollar difference and sold over a million in a weekend. Users seem overwhelmingly happy. Software attach rate is probably through the roof thanks to target and Amazon b2g1.

This isn't console wars. This is just some cold hard truths. I'll see you on xbox live

Hah, ok man this isn't the place for this but man you are sure living in a bubble if you think Sony hasn't received any bad PR lately.

Back to Xbox One.

This isn't console wars. This is just some cold hard truths. I'll see you on xbox live. Brother.
It's hard to deny that the hardware issues and lacking titles have put a damper on the insane hype that led into release.

Sydle

Really? Lately the PS4 has been on the bad side of things while the Xbox has recovered from a lot of the bad PR.

As of the last couple of weeks, sure, things have turned around, but for the majority of this year Xbox has been shit on daily EVEN when there is good news.

EDIT: Don't want to turn this into a conversation in this thread.

TV will display in whatever input and setting the Xbox is on. So if game mode is on for XB1 it will stay on for TV.

I think this is a really important question.

My original question, does xbox one, automatically switch tv in and out of game mode, as you snap between tv, and gaming ?

Someone responded that your tv will display what that tv's input it set at, and thats precisely my question. If Xbone allows your tv, and games, acting as a seamless transition, this means that you have to keep game mode on all the time, or off all the time. For example, I'm watching nfl, snap dash, go to play ryse, If game mode is off, my game is laggy as heck from input lag, if game mode is off, my tv picture looks alot worse. Can you please answer Albert, curious if you guys have thought of this ?

Will the UI stuff be on final retail hardware? That's what I really want to know...

I want to read impressions and see videos from people here and from friends on launch weekend using final hardware. Get a vibe from the Xbox community as I won't be getting one till Xmas (DR3, KI and possibly Ryse) and I have a PS4 coming next week.

The Mortimer/CBOAT stuff is still is in the back of my mind , hope they are wrong and Live is working well. Don't want to see more frustrated people after reading PS4 issues.

Someone responded that your tv will display what that tv's input it set at, and thats precisely my question. If Xbone allows your tv, and games, acting as a seamless transition, this means that you have to keep game mode on all the time, or off all the time. For example, I'm watching nfl, snap dash, go to play ryse, If game mode is off, my game is laggy as heck from input lag, if game mode is off, my tv picture looks alot worse. Can you please answer Albert, curious if you guys have thought of this ?

Yeah, hoping for user created macros for the IR blaster, to auto change the picture and audio sync modes for me.

FrankT

It's hard to deny that the hardware issues and lacking titles have put a damper on the insane hype that led into release.

I definitely would not want to be in that HW situation. Not something I see simply going away with the amount of DOA hardware off the launch. I hope MS sees none of it. The reviews and software have definitely been so so and I agree with Gary Whitta on the software point.

With that said MS certainly took a beating in PR this year. Thankfully they have fully turned that ship around.

MThanded

Console/tech releases are 90% hype. All of them really.

Think about it.Both these companies are launching 400-500 dollar machines with no backwards compatibility and pretty slim launch lineups and people are lining up like its the second coming of Jesus.

I'm guilty too. If amazon didn't make it so easy I probably wouldn't have either of them honestly. Blame amazon.

It makes apple launches seem tame in comparison. You buy a new iphone you automatically get access to the whole ecosystem. Here you get like hardly nothing except some money leaving your account.

p3tran

Banned
I think for it to be perfect, the Xbox and PS4 logos would need to be swapped and the Xbox would have to pull the PS4 into the pool with it at the end. Oh and the Wii U would have to be removed.

this gif was not created in gaf, i saw it in reddit yesterday or before that, so therefore it cannot be "perfect".
to be better though, all you have to do is switch ps4 with wiiu :p

still, this gif is not gaf class, albeit funny

ironcreed

Banned

My hype for it sure fell off a cliff, I know that much. I still plan to get a PS4, but it will be well after I get an Xbox One. It speaks volumes when a console goes from me not wanting to touch it with a 10 ft. pole to winning me over with all of the games and features. That is what substance will do.

ekim

Will I be able to see the status of a download when I'm away from home? (Triggering a download remote is implemented, right?)

Console/tech releases are 90% hype. All of them really.

Think about it.Both these companies are launching 400-500 dollar machines with no backwards compatibility and pretty slim launch lineups and people are lining up like its the second coming of Jesus.

I'm guilty too. If amazon didn't make it so easy I probably wouldn't have either of them honestly. Blame amazon.

It makes apple launches seem tame in comparison. You buy a new iphone you automatically get access to the whole ecosystem. Here you get like hardly nothing except some money leaving your account.
Yeah I get that. I'm not saying the ps4 sucks or anything. The ps4 hype was greater. The xbox hype seems more tempered because of the amount of dissapointment that has been trickling since the conference in the big tent.

FordGTGuy

Banned
Will I be able to see the status of a download when I'm away from home? (Triggering a download remote is implemented, right?)

Yes you can start downloads remotely, either on xbox.com or on the smartglass app.

The smartglass app might show you the progress.

jbug617

Banned
IGN Stream is on Wednesday from 1pm-7pm EST.
Also, be sure to tune in for our Xbox One Pre-Launch Party all-day livestream on Wednesday, November 20 from 10am PT-4pm PT (that's 1pm-7pm Eastern time), where we'll be playing through the Xbox One launch lineup and showing off the Dashboard and interface. Oh, and we'll be giving away copies of Forza Motorsport 5, Dead Rising 3, Ryse: Son of Rome, Killer Instinct, LocoCycle, Crimson Dragon, Powerstar Golf, Zoo Tycoon, and hopefully more!

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/11/15/where-are-igns-xbox-one-reviews

Starting to wish my brother got a Xbox One instead of a PS4. I dont care about any of the downloadable titles and the two exclusive dont interest me either. But I really want to play Dead Rising 3 (long time fan of the series) and Ryse. Will definiatly try and get the system before the end of the year now but I doubt it seeing that I dont have it preordered and I am broke :p

How is that fanfiction?

I guess it's drive-by hour?

Hope you know that fortress threads aren't allowed here on GAF, you know better than to spew complete bullshit. There's a reason why you're a laughing stock style celeb around here.

FrankT

Hope those 300k servers are humming nicely Friday. I mean have no idea but are these being taking advantage of as far as BF4 and COD are concerned?

ekim

Just saw a German Xbox One ad. Seems like we will get German voice command support. "Xbox Einschalten" and not "Xbox An"...

Starting to wish my brother got a Xbox One instead of a PS4. I dont care about any of the downloadable titles and the two exclusive dont interest me either. But I really want to play Dead Rising 3 (long time fan of the series) and Ryse. Will definiatly try and get the system before the end of the year now but I doubt it seeing that I dont have it preordered and I am broke :p

Do you have a PS4 as well? You can just sell it on Ebay at like 1000 dollars.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
After getting off the phone with Amazon Canada I'm pretty bummed that it looks like I won't get my Day One Edition until next week. Apparently they don't do the early shipping so you get it on release day thing here :/ My shipping date is Monday so I'll likely get it on Wed.

Top Bottom