• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

derFeef

After getting off the phone with Amazon Canada I'm pretty bummed that it looks like I won't get my Day One Edition until next week. Apparently they don't do the early shipping so you get it on release day thing here :/ My shipping date is Monday so I'll likely get it on Wed.

Same :( WIll gladly watch the mayham though.

FordGTGuy

Banned
After getting off the phone with Amazon Canada I'm pretty bummed that it looks like I won't get my Day One Edition until next week. Apparently they don't do the early shipping so you get it on release day thing here :/ My shipping date is Monday so I'll likely get it on Wed.

Wait what?

Is Amazon Canada really doing this? What are they thinking?

Pachimari

It's weird. I have mostly been hyped about PS4 throughout the year but as we get closer to launch and those hardware issues have popped up, my hype for PS4 have dampened as well. Though I'll still get it at launch on Nov 29.

Right now I'm mostly excited about Xbox One but that one I'll receive in December before Christmas. I'm just excited for Kinect, the user interface and HDMI IN feature.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Wait what?

Is Amazon Canada really doing this? What are they thinking?

Well, I chose free super saver shipping because their distribution center is only about 40 mins from me so I usually get stuff in 1 or 2 days anyway but he said that because of that they'll ship out a bunch of those orders on the same day, Monday, instead of Friday if I had chosen paid shipping. There is a chance they'll ship on Fri but no guarantees.

FordGTGuy

Banned
Uhg. Aight. Aight. Aight. Aight. Aight....

Dude needs to edit his crap, that shit is incredibly annoying.

Yeah... I'm not a fan of the video. I hope Giant Bomb does a unboxing but we might no get one as it seems they are already playing on the Xbox One's they've received. You never know though they might have prerecorded a unboxing for us to watch tomorrow.

Well, I chose free super saver shipping because their distribution center is only about 40 mins from me so I usually get stuff in 1 or 2 days anyway but he said that because of that they'll ship out a bunch of those orders on the same day, Monday, instead of Friday if I had chosen paid shipping. There is a chance they'll ship on Fri but no guarantees.

Well that sucks but it's also not surprising.

Computer

You mean lukewarm console faux reviews and broken consoles that are quickly being replaced. Pretty sure Sony is not complaining about the PR. They launched a week earlier with 100 dollar difference and sold over a million in a weekend. Users seem overwhelmingly happy. Software attach rate is probably through the roof thanks to target and Amazon b2g1.

I'm buying both. However, you seem to be inventing some stuff here.

This isn't console wars. This is just some cold hard truths. I'll see you on xbox live
Hope you know that fortress threads aren't allowed here on GAF, you know better than to spew complete bullshit. There's a reason why you're a laughing stock style celeb around here.

If you don't believe Sony has been getting a bad rep lately the you should check out the Amazon feed back on the PS4. At one point the negative was beating the positive.

Kobe24

Dun dun dun

1385768_3617913182303_683641930_n.jpg

998305_3617913382308_1789466960_n.jpg

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
If you don't believe Sony has been getting a bad rep lately the you should check out the Amazon feed back on the PS4. At one point the negative was beating the positive.
Sony shipped 1 million consoles with Amazon probably being the largest bulk of them. With standard electronic failure rates I'm not surprised about the negative reviews. I am betting Amazon probably never even moved this many units of an item before.

Yield issues are extremely magnified in this day and age. MS probably learned their lesson with the 360. I'm assuming this is why they went with an external power supply again and a much bigger form factor than Sony.

Dai101

Banned
Dun dun dun

https://scontent-a-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/1385768_3617913182303_683641930_n.jpg[img]

[img]https://scontent-a-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/998305_3617913382308_1789466960_n.jpg[img][/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://www.reactiongifs.us/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/fry_drooling.gif

REV 09

It's hard to deny that the hardware issues and lacking titles have put a damper on the insane hype that led into release.

yea, i think ps4 had a very solid launch overall, but these issues and the middling reviews seemed to have brought things back down to reality...reality is still quite good though.

btkadams

the reviews you mean? i don't think those are really a fair judge for either system when we have stuff like this coming from fanboys of both consoles.

VDGnBRz.png

i saw a couple reviews for killzone shadow fall on futureshop's website a week before launch that said it was the best shooter they've ever played lol.

the reviews you mean? i don't think those are really a fair judge for either system when we have stuff like this coming from fanboys of each consoles.

VDGnBRz.png

i saw a couple reviews for killzone shadow fall on futureshop's website a week before launch that said it was the best shooter they've ever played lol.

"Just doing my part" lol pathetic. I imagine the xbox one is going to get torn to shreds.

link1201

Alberto posted earlier that its an above average calibration tool. Not on the same level as a professional tool but good for consumers.

Thank you must have missed that.

For any one else that may have missed it as well.

Actually the built-in HD Calibration tool is awesome. Doesn't replace a Spyder or ISF calibration, but it's a great tool for the average customer to get their set in shape.

FordGTGuy

Banned
"Just doing my part" lol pathetic. I imagine the xbox one is going to get torn to shreds.

Couple of guys already said they made 100+ accounts on Amazon to drop bad reviews on the Xbox One on launch night saying they were bricked.

We don't need Amazon reviews to see how much trouble has been created at launch, the problem with the PS4 is not just the amount but that they are DOA.

RayMaker

Banned
After all the bad news the X1 has had I hope the MS team are extremely determined to have a smooth launch.

In light of an unreliable PSN and PS4 hardware issues,it will be start at winning back some positive mind-share.

Couple of guys already said they made 100+ accounts on Amazon to drop bad reviews on the Xbox One on launch night saying they were bricked.

We don't need Amazon reviews to see how much trouble has been created at launch, the problem with the PS4 is not just the amount but that they are DOA.

They sound like wonderful human beings

Does anyone know if stores like Best Buy or Walmart are going to have stock of Day One editions for people who didn't pre-order?

I'm really interested in getting the day one edition not the green one.

RayMaker

Banned

The wont be verified purchasers though, will they?

Meh there are some right loosers.

FordGTGuy

Banned
After all the bad news the X1 has had I hope the MS team are extremely determined to have a smooth launch.

In light of an unreliable PSN and PS4 hardware issues,it will be start at winning back some positive mind-share.

The reality of the matter is that anyone that launches a product is determined to have smooth launch but you can be unlucky or just incapable of doing so at times.

The wont be verified purchasers though, will they?

Meh there are some right loosers.

You can filter only verified but you don't need to be verified to leave a review which is just dumb.

frayne182

Banned
Wonder when EB in Canada is going to start making calls about picking up pre-orders at midnight?

I called Staples Canada(where I got my pre order from) and she said today that anyone with a pre order is getting on Friday. Of course I still don't believe them until they personally call me though lol.

Hopefully we start hearing tomorrow or Wednesday. Slow ass week

It's beautiful... I get that box with an ugly Fifa14 cover on it :-/
Where are these pics from?

It is just a sleeve! :D The regular box is right under there. I think I saw it on the GAME unboxing video from a few days ago. That guy was annoying too. Even more so than the "aight" video posted above.

Doffen

Dun dun dun

https://scontent-a-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/1385768_3617913182303_683641930_n.jpg[img]

[img]https://scontent-a-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/998305_3617913382308_1789466960_n.jpg[img][/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://i.minus.com/iMKTIPTscSryy.gif

Gorki247

Getting a bit worried now. Seen a few people now on here that received a shipping confirmation from MS.

Ordered mine online from the MS UK store, but it's still showing as Order in Process / Backordered. Although, it looks like the payment has been authorised on my card.

Hopefully, it will be here on launch.

i think it's a cardboard slip though. i thought i saw an unboxing video with the slip coming off...
wait, that sounds exciting.

Ok, that's alright then.

Kobe24

Lol no reason to be jealous my friends. That's just the pic my friend posted back in the warehouse (he works at Toys R US). I get it Thursday like everyone else. Just sharing the packaging so we all can drool together!!

Top Bottom