• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

Did you know that Roman soldiers were paid in Salt, which was a useful and portable commodity?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salary#Salarium

the_more_you_know2.jpg

FordGTGuy

Banned
Well, 9pm ET.

Well by the logic they are using we could speculate that half the features aren't there but it means nothing until we find out.

That's like with the self-publishing where people said that them not commenting confirmed there was no self-publishing and look how that turned out.

Bsigg12

Well by the logic they are using we could speculate that half the features aren't there but it means nothing until we find out.

Yea, pretty much. People just need to be patient and wait for all the info to drop tomorrow. I'm thinking Microsoft is going to do a fairly large formal info drop on the system tomorrow morning with the reviews being embargoed until 9pm.

Pachimari

I just wonder. If the HDMI from my Mac Mini is plugged into the Xbox One, will the Kinect still turn on my TV on the right input while turning on Xbox One?

FrankT

Little weird for them to show it off at their E3 showing and not have it for launch, but hopefully if so we do not have to wait long.

MCD

There is a console embargo, how is that so hard to understand?

All console level features are embargoed until midnight tomorrow.

Albert cannot break this embargo.
Not buying it, sorry. Pretty sure Albert won't get into trouble by posting a wink or something.

Just hope they provide a date for it if it's not at launch.

Bsigg12

Does anyone know if there will be a new SmartGlass app out there for Win devices as well as Android?

There should be an update coming to the current version across all devices here soon since games are using SmartGlass at launch for some things.

Edit: Look at Iced_Eagle's reply. I was mistaken about the app.

There should be an update coming to the current version across all devices here soon since games are using SmartGlass at launch for some things.

They confirmed a while ago it would be a new, separate app. The current Smartglass app will remain 360 only.

As for the person asking the question, yes it will be available for Windows 8, WP8, Android, and iOS.

Alx

I think the Smartglass app for Xbox One was separate from the one for the 360 ?
edit : what he said. ^^

FordGTGuy

Banned
Not buying it, sorry. Pretty sure Albert won't get into trouble by posting a wink or something.

Considering they have a entire embargo setup with all the major outlets for tomorrow I would say yes he could get into trouble for spilling the beans on features.

Gamespot isn't even allowed to show the UI at all.

It doesn't matter how you break a NDA(small or large) it would look bad on you, even more so for a employee of Microsoft.

http://news.xbox.com/2013/11/ent-machinima-app

Just saw this posted. The Machinima app will have "wingman" support for 4 titles at launch:
- Dead Rising 3
- Battlefield 4
- Ryse: Son of Rome
- Call of Duty: Ghosts

Also they list the Machinima app achievements too (remember, media apps never give out Gamerscore)

•License and Registration: Simply download the Machinima App.
•n00b: Watch a video on the Machinima App.
•Thanks for the Sub: Subscribe to a show, game or partner on the Machinima App.
•Addict: Launch the Machinima App 10 times within 30 days.
•Night Owl: Launch the Machinima App between 1 and 4 a.m. local time.
•You Can Be My Wingman Anytime: Watch 30 Machinima Wingman videos.
•You Can Be Mine: Watch 150 Machinima Wingman videos.
•TV Rots Your Brain: Watch 1,000 videos on the Machinima App.
•Oversharer: Share 10 videos on Facebook via the Machinima App.
•And one secret achievement — you’ll have to look back through the history of Machinima to find this hidden gem.

MCD

You work in the industry to know this is 100%?

Now you are getting all serious mode on me.

Look, whatever the silly embargo is, there are plenty of known features detailed out there and Albert is even right up there answering questions about specific hardware questions so yeah, excuse me for not believing the embargo excuse.

They confirmed a while ago it would be a new, separate app. The current Smartglass app will remain 360 only.

As for the person asking the question, yes it will be available for Windows 8, WP8, Android, and iOS.

Thank you...should probably hit pretty soon, hopefully a day or so early like the PS app..

Albert, when can we expect the new app?

quickwhips

We have an industry insider here folks. Seriously after next week can we all just calm down?

FordGTGuy

Banned
Oh I don't know the details, for sure. I just believed it shouldn't be any different when they showed Twitch right from day one.

They've shown a lot of things including the UI which BTW is currently under a embargo and Gamespot and other outlets aren't allowed to even show Kinect or and of the UI right now.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
This Year has been like this:

h8B5E72B9
I don't have a horse in this race but this couldn't be further from the truth unless you live in some altered reality.

I haven't gotten my xbox one yet, but if we are going to make a gif off of the PR, and this past year this is the oddest and most inaccurate gif in the world.

Thebonehead

Banned
Any word on digital pricing? ( My six month old labrador has an affinity to chewing xbox game discs )

Just checked Amazon (.co.uk) with the MS Store pricing and it's cheaper by 11 -17% so hopefully there will be something to sweeten the deal.

Top Bottom