• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Frankie, when are you going to get the Halo 5 hype train started?

Thursday at the Spike show silly. Also Frank, Andy told me he was getting a white XB1 and I thought he was fucking with me. Didn't know one existed.....Now I'm all jealous.

smCngYB.gif

Lima

Uh finally some achievement lists start rolling in. That Killer Instinct list with 94 achievements is insane.

DR3's list looks good though.

mozfan12

Banned
I keep forgetting that Peggle 2 comes out in December which should be a nice time sink. I was a massive fan of the first one and Nights.

MaulerX

I'm not worried at all with graphics like this at launch this machine is fine... despite what some of my friends say to me. Even if graphics don't surpass this I'd be more than happy.

Stunning.

Yep, after watching the first few minutes of that stream I decided this is a day One purchase and didn't want to see more to avoid spoilers. Fucking amazing.

Chuck

Still without luck
Do all the Microsoft published retail boxes have the same style of box art? Thing on gray background? I was thinking they were place holder.

SegaShack

Nice avatar. That's the gamerpic I think I'll be using.

Cute little guy.

Thank you, it will be my gamerpic as well (if that wasn't obvious already). My former one was a screenshot of the Sonic and Knuckles titlescreen so blue background + hedgehog seemed like a natural progression (unless that's a porcupine?).

p3tran

Banned
Love this. Thanks for posting OP.

For any NY Gaffers - I'll be out there for launch. Stop by and say hello!

Yo Albert!!

how about whistling the word to the proper ears here?

WE WANT THIS TO HAPPEN!!

spread the word to the marketing guys. terry is such a nice guy, there is no way you cant sort this out.
bottom line, we will be happy, and you will be even happier you did this ;)

ironcreed

Banned
New Ryse impressions:

"One of the glaring issues with the early demos of the game was the scripted combat, which has been addressed with the removal of the QTE floating button and replaced with a small skull to indicate that you can trigger an execution. The executions are quite striking, with detail down to the expression on the poor souls face, after you have just plunged your sword into his neck. It is worth bearing in mind that these execution sequences are optional; the player is more than welcome to not press the dedicated execution button (RT) following the prompt, but I found myself wanting to do this to most of the enemies as it was so satisfying. There is nothing better than queuing up more than one enemy for a double execution, it’s the goriest kill you will see on Xbox launch day."

"The lack of depth in combat has also been replaced with a challenging but rewarding system, not dissimilar to those featured in the God of War series or the Batman Arkham trilogy. The familiar press ‘X to swing sword’ was present along with ‘Y for a secondary attack’; in this case a bash with the shield. However, it was the fluidity of the defense system that really won me over. Pressing ‘A’ in the direction of an incoming attack would block that combatant and if timed correctly, leave the enemy open for a counter. The ability to chain together sword and shield attacks whilst blocking blows from a group of enemies really helped me feel like a skilled gladiator. Other noteworthy additions to the combat system include, the ability to slow down play for a short period of time, allowing you to escape some tricky situations. As well as select certain attributes, such as gaining a small amount of health after each execution."

http://www.16bitkings.com/xbox-one-hands-on-ryse-son-of-rome-2/

The white controller looks like a Portal turret. SO HOT RIGHT NOW.

I think I'm gonna get Ryse (don't care if it's short, mediocre, HULK WANT EYE CANDY), Forza, NFS Rivals, FIFA 14, Dead Rising 3, and Killer Instinct. Fucking expensive month.

Looking at it now, the Xbox One launch line-up wipes the floor with PS4's. Well played MS.

Do all the Microsoft published retail boxes have the same style of box art? Thing on gray background? I was thinking they were place holder.

Those are the Day One Editions. Alone with the Day One Xbox, they offer some extra goodies and all have a Sleek Black theme.

Southside Jim

Neo Member
New Ryse impressions:

"One of the glaring issues with the early demos of the game was the scripted combat, which has been addressed with the removal of the QTE floating button and replaced with a small skull to indicate that you can trigger an execution. The executions are quite striking, with detail down to the expression on the poor souls face, after you have just plunged your sword into his neck. It is worth bearing in mind that these execution sequences are optional; the player is more than welcome to not press the dedicated execution button (RT) following the prompt, but I found myself wanting to do this to most of the enemies as it was so satisfying. There is nothing better than queuing up more than one enemy for a double execution, it’s the goriest kill you will see on Xbox launch day."

"The lack of depth in combat has also been replaced with a challenging but rewarding system, not dissimilar to those featured in the God of War series or the Batman Arkham trilogy. The familiar press ‘X to swing sword’ was present along with ‘Y for a secondary attack’; in this case a bash with the shield. However, it was the fluidity of the defense system that really won me over. Pressing ‘A’ in the direction of an incoming attack would block that combatant and if timed correctly, leave the enemy open for a counter. The ability to chain together sword and shield attacks whilst blocking blows from a group of enemies really helped me feel like a skilled gladiator. Other noteworthy additions to the combat system include, the ability to slow down play for a short period of time, allowing you to escape some tricky situations. As well as select certain attributes, such as gaining a small amount of health after each execution."

http://www.16bitkings.com/xbox-one-hands-on-ryse-son-of-rome-2/

If this is accurate, then this will be the brawler of my forever.

p3tran

Banned
The white controller looks like a Portal turret. SO HOT RIGHT NOW.

I think I'm gonna get Ryse (don't care if it's short, mediocre, HULK WANT EYE CANDY), Forza, NFS Rivals, FIFA 14, Dead Rising 3, and Killer Instinct. Fucking expensive month.

Looking at it now, the Xbox One launch line-up wipes the floor with PS4's. Well played MS.

lolol I really like reading your opinions, and usually you are spot on with my thoughts too.
I really laughed at HULK WANT EYE CANDY, it kind of accurately represents the cro-magnion old gamer in me :D

Kacho

Gold Member
I know I'll be picking up Ryse even though I was hesitant at first. Those candy visuals are too good to pass up. Dem launch standards. Lol

SuperD77

Banned
Watching the Geoff Keighley interview on IGN's Up At Noon show and he just mentioned he was about to fly up to Vancouver for a studio visit. I'm thinking we might be getting a reveal of Black Tusk's upcoming game on Spike Xbox One Launch Show.

Top Bottom