• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBOX ONE | Satisfaction Thread: One Thread to Rule Them All

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, just a friendly warning -- we don't usually allow fortress threads like this. I think the reason we've given some flexibility here is specifically because we perceive that there are people who don't feel comfortable posting elsewhere because of the general tone of most of the board towards Xbox One. So, that's fine, more power to you. It's sort of the same approach we've taken by allowing an ongoing Vita thread. It's not because we like ongoing, closed-type community megathreads, but rather because without one, the Vita would basically have no space to be talked about. Same logic exists here. So we're happy to provide this space for you.

But it really isn't appropriate to use this thread to pick out threads you feel are too negative, complaining about them here, ranting about the board as a whole, treatment of Xbox One elsewhere, etc. This is a rule we have for all community threads no matter what forum they're in. If you want to use the thread to make friends and have a good time, great. If you want to use it to foster Us vs Them mentality, that's really not something we want here. In the past we've had problems with this where the attitude gets more and more negative until the people in the community are participants in GAF anymore, they're just participants in their own bunker. This leads to less pleasant interactions and worse discussions everywhere. People get bitter. And eventually when we need to act to correct that, people flip out and start spinoff communities like WYL or that One Soccer Spinoff Community or whatever else. Nasty stuff.

There are websites that are console-exclusive to particular consoles. I don't know what I'd recommend for Xbox One, but I doubt TrueAchievements would be a bad choice. Those guys seem generally happy about the Xbox One as a community. This is not me trying to kick you out or anything. Just saying that if you are looking for a venue where you get to complain about how other people are negative or biased or whatever, there might be other places online that are a better fit for you than here.

All the best.

Great post and thank you for keeping the thread. It's like you say, there really would be no place here to talk about the Xbox One in a round-about way without this thread. Ofc people step out of line here and in almost every other thread on every single forum on the internet but keeping it to sane levels helps everyone.

I was on the fence before but was thinking about the family sharing plan and that seems pretty dope.

Preordered Day One XBO
Extra Controller
Dead Rising 3

Will grab Battlefield 4 and Watchdogs at launch. Might grab a PS4 when new Infamous comes out.

Malaussene

Neo Member
not buyin xbone day one (maybe never).. just came to say the "day one" pack looks sexy as hell (don't know if it's final.. or if someone else posted it yet.. found on amazon.it):
51JdQZ45Y3L._AA1500_.jpg

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
100%. The amount of CUs has been confirmed and the ESRAM as well. If the downclock is true, even more so. But don't expect any big differences at launch, probably better performance on PS4 or fewer FPS drops. First party will show the difference (look at QD tech demo). Maybe over time third party games will look slightly better on PS4, but I wouldn't count on it. Devs are lazy.

Damn, alright then.

statham

not buyin xbone day one (maybe never).. just came to say the "day one" pack looks sexy as hell (don't know if it's final.. or if someone else posted it yet.. found on amazon.it):

That does look nice, but it'll be in the garbage within a week. I don't keep boxes to any of my electronics. They take up way too much space.

Lima

Damn, alright then.

For third party games I would just look back through console history. Developers always developed for the lowest common denominator and just ported that thing to the more powerful box.

Now I do expect some differences because the tools are better today etc. but if a third party game really looks noticeably better on PS4 I will just get it for the PS4 then.

I think I'm set for Day One.

- Xbox One Day One Edition
- Battlefield 4
- Xbox One Controller
- Xbox One Headset

I might get Watch_Dogs, but I'll see.

In other news, is it confirmed or not if the One will be coming with an HDMI cable?

Lima

- Battlefield 4
- Xbox One Controller
- Xbox One Headset

In other news, is it confirmed or not if the One will be coming with an HDMI cable?

Yeah HDMI cable is in the box.

Pretty sure this entire ship is made of bones.

I guess I'm still not 100% certain what games will be available at launch vs. "launch window." Seeing as how this is a Christmas present, I gotta find a few games that are available from 11/30-12/24.

My feeling is: BF4, CoD: Ghosts, Forza 5, Ryse for starters. I'm hoping Project Spark is ready in that timeframe.

So far every site I've seen is really just speculating on what the launch lineup will be.

- Battlefield 4
- Xbox One Controller
- Xbox One Headset

The Day One edition has an HDMI cable yeah. Not sure if they'll continue to be included in the regular version, not that you'll be getting one of those but whatever.

Montresor

How about SmartGlass integration? One thing I find neat is that SmartGlass is a free application found on loads of different platforms. Whether you have iPhone, iPad, Android phones, Android tablets, or a Windows Phone (like I do), you'll have access to SmartGlass without needing to buy an extra peripheral. It's there on the phone/tablet that you likely already own.

Is there an article that has a full featureset for everything SG is going to offer on Xbox One? The one feature I liked the most is its use as a canvas in Project Spark. That's going to make video game creation in the Project Spark community much more convenient...

Is there an article that has a full featureset for everything SG is going to offer on Xbox One? The one feature I liked the most is its use as a canvas in Project Spark. That's going to make video game creation in the community much more convenient...

From the video about ESPN demo I saw you can see the same video that you are seeing on the TV, it is cool.

nbraun80

Hey guys, just a friendly warning -- we don't usually allow fortress threads like this. I think the reason we've given some flexibility here is specifically because we perceive that there are people who don't feel comfortable posting elsewhere because of the general tone of most of the board towards Xbox One. So, that's fine, more power to you. It's sort of the same approach we've taken by allowing an ongoing Vita thread. It's not because we like ongoing, closed-type community megathreads, but rather because without one, the Vita would basically have no space to be talked about. Same logic exists here. So we're happy to provide this space for you.

But it really isn't appropriate to use this thread to pick out threads you feel are too negative, complaining about them here, ranting about the board as a whole, treatment of Xbox One elsewhere, etc. This is a rule we have for all community threads no matter what forum they're in. If you want to use the thread to make friends and have a good time, great. If you want to use it to foster Us vs Them mentality, that's really not something we want here. In the past we've had problems with this where the attitude gets more and more negative until the people in the community are participants in GAF anymore, they're just participants in their own bunker. This leads to less pleasant interactions and worse discussions everywhere. People get bitter. And eventually when we need to act to correct that, people flip out and start spinoff communities like WYL or that One Soccer Spinoff Community or whatever else. Nasty stuff.

There are websites that are console-exclusive to particular consoles. I don't know what I'd recommend for Xbox One, but I doubt TrueAchievements would be a bad choice. Those guys seem generally happy about the Xbox One as a community. This is not me trying to kick you out or anything. Just saying that if you are looking for a venue where you get to complain about how other people are negative or biased or whatever, there might be other places online that are a better fit for you than here.

All the best.
thanks for the reminder and letting up be. I know another mod or two has basically said the same thing earlier, but its goof to reiterate for new people in here. All-in-all I think we do a good job of having our own fun and discussing games coming to the system.

Klocker

Damn, alright then.
the differences are being over stated. In real development world they will not be noticable to most people's eye and the down clock is FUD. Did not happen.

You won't be disappointed unless you buy both and run them side by side looking for differences

Alx

I was wondering... if there is no more difference between retail games, games on demand and arcade games in the marketplace, what about the rule that required that each XBLA game should have a demo ? Will that disappear, or will all games come with a demo ?

clav

I was wondering... if there is no more difference between retail games, games on demand and arcade games in the marketplace, what about the rule that required that each XBLA game should have a demo ? Will that disappear, or will all games come with a demo ?

Might disappear. One of the latest Windows Phone 8 games (Rayman Jungle Run) did not come with a demo.

Depends on the dev.

All the best.

Thanks.

I hope the mods continue to do a good job of upholding balanced discussions. Hard to talk about the XB1 without jabs about the DRM and GIFs.

derFeef

Oh I have not thought of that and I would be bummed about no more trial versions.

LTWheels

If I buy one on release, I will definitely purchase Killer Instinct and Forza.

Then one of DR3 or Watch_Dogs. I'm not really an open world kind of guy. In fact, I've never completed an open world game so I'm weary of purchasing them.

I do plan on picking up a PS4 later on. I'm looking forward to placing the PS4 into the Xbox's hdmi port. Hopefully that works.

LTWheels

If I buy one on release, I will definitely purchase Killer Instinct and Forza.

Then one of DR3 or Watch_Dogs. I'm not really an open world kind of guy. In fact, I've never completed an open world game so I'm weary of purchasing them.

I do plan on picking up a PS4 later on. I'm looking forward to placing the PS4 into the Xbox's hdmi port. Hopefully that works.

Oh I have not thought of that and I would be bummed about no more trial versions.

We know that Killer Instinct will have a demo. Hopefully other games will as well.

Alx

Might disappear. One of the latest Windows Phone 8 games (Rayman Jungle Run) did not come with a demo.

Depends on the dev.

Bummer. I sure wouldn't have bought many of my current arcade games if it wasn't for the trial version.
(although I do remember that Rayman Jungle Run had a demo on WinRT...)

Silky

Banned
Killer Instinct, Sunset Overdrive, KH3, Quantum Break, and Destiny are in the cards for Xbone. Lineup's solid, no doubt.

I'm gonna wait it out and see what comes more though. Gamescom sounds like we might see more on Sunset Friggin Overdriiiive

Xenon

I have been playing through Halo 4. 343 did an amazing job with it, especially the character models. I have to say I'm excited to see what they do with the One.

I could see many here considering that perverse.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
I've got my day one edition pre-ordered and I feel my avatar needs to be on the pirate ship.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Will the launch games be made available on the marketplace when the xbone is released? Day one editions?

As far as I know every game will be available day and date as a digital download so I would assume that includes launch.

clav

Does anyone know if GFW will essentially be the Xbox platform?

That is, if you buy it for XB1, can I play it on a Windows 8 PC? GFW is basically dead since no one likes it and roots from the Xbox 360.

Hm.

derFeef

That is, if you buy it for XB1, can I play it on a Windows 8 PC? GFW is basically dead since no one likes it and roots from the Xbox 360.

Hm.

No, that will never happen unless it's announced like for Project Spark (still, seperate games).

And GFW is essentially dead.

clav

No, that will never happen unless it's announced like for Project Spark (still, seperate games).

And GFW is essentially dead.

But what about that talk about play/pause and resume on a different device?

We've had this feature touted every year, but it's never actually put into use.

At most, we've only seen it with smartphones, but what about Xbox and PC since the architecture is now essentially the same?

Gorki247

But what about that talk about play/pause and resume on a different device?

We've had this feature touted every year, but it's never actually put into use.

At most, we've only seen it with smartphones, but what about Xbox and PC since the architecture is now essentially the same?

Skulls of the Shogun has it, I believe and so will Halo Spartan Assault. They are still separate games on each platform though.

Hm.

I doubt something like that would be available at launch, but I'd imagine that the whole point of tying games to accounts and not discs is to enable scenarios like that in the future. Essentially making your Xbox collection "platform agnostic"

So if some hypothetical "play your games through your toaster!" functionality is released, people don't have to worry about "crap, I bought my games physically instead of digitally so this won't work for me."

At least, that seems like the long game MS is playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom