• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBOX ONE | Satisfaction Thread: One Thread to Rule Them All

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caayn

Hey guys, just a friendly warning -- we don't usually allow fortress threads like this. I think the reason we've given some flexibility here is specifically because we perceive that there are people who don't feel comfortable posting elsewhere because of the general tone of most of the board towards Xbox One. So, that's fine, more power to you. It's sort of the same approach we've taken by allowing an ongoing Vita thread. It's not because we like ongoing, closed-type community megathreads, but rather because without one, the Vita would basically have no space to be talked about. Same logic exists here. So we're happy to provide this space for you.

But it really isn't appropriate to use this thread to pick out threads you feel are too negative, complaining about them here, ranting about the board as a whole, treatment of Xbox One elsewhere, etc. This is a rule we have for all community threads no matter what forum they're in. If you want to use the thread to make friends and have a good time, great. If you want to use it to foster Us vs Them mentality, that's really not something we want here. In the past we've had problems with this where the attitude gets more and more negative until the people in the community are participants in GAF anymore, they're just participants in their own bunker. This leads to less pleasant interactions and worse discussions everywhere. People get bitter. And eventually when we need to act to correct that, people flip out and start spinoff communities like WYL or that One Soccer Spinoff Community or whatever else. Nasty stuff.

There are websites that are console-exclusive to particular consoles. I don't know what I'd recommend for Xbox One, but I doubt TrueAchievements would be a bad choice. Those guys seem generally happy about the Xbox One as a community. This is not me trying to kick you out or anything. Just saying that if you are looking for a venue where you get to complain about how other people are negative or biased or whatever, there might be other places online that are a better fit for you than here.

All the best.
Apologies if I crossed the line, I kinda feel that It was partially aimed at me. Apologies if I did.
Thanks for keeping This thread open.

100%. The amount of CUs has been confirmed and the ESRAM as well. If the downclock is true, even more so. But don't expect any big differences at launch, probably better performance on PS4 or fewer FPS drops. First party will show the difference (look at QD tech demo). Maybe over time third party games will look slightly better on PS4, but I wouldn't count on it. Devs are lazy.

I think it is really reductionist to just say devs are lazy. I started working on games two years ago and all of the people I have met are insanely driven. These are people that crunch 6 days a week 14 hours a day at times. Sometimes more. It is a goddamned miracle when any game ships. Devs are most certainly not lazy.

thumb

Banned
I think it is really reductionist to just say devs are lazy. I started working on games two years ago and all of the people I have met are insanely driven. These are people that crunch 6 days a week 14 hours a day at times. Sometimes more. It is a goddamned miracle when any game ships. Devs are most certainly not lazy.

Yeah, I suspect that most such issues come down to needing to prioritize available engineering hours rather than simply not wanting to do something because of "laziness".

serious post? every console comes with kinect why would they sell it by itself?

Because if it breaks you won't be able to use the Xbone, and if they don't sell it separately you'd have to buy an entire console again. Then you wouldn't be able to sell that console because who's going to buy if it doesn't have a kinect? Seems like potentially a serious problem.

bidguy

Banned
Because if it breaks you won't be able to use the Xbone, and if they don't sell it separately you'd have to buy an entire console again. Then you wouldn't be able to sell that console because who's going to buy if it doesn't have a kinect? Seems like potentially a serious problem.

this is why it should be optional

nbraun80

Do you think most people who are buying X1s are just going to download games vs buying disc. I know I am.

just kinda depends for me. For many game I probably will just because its easier and more convenient than going out and finding a copy. But some games like halo, I usually get the special edition. I know its a ways away bur I also wonder when they'll put them up for DD. Like will they try to get it out at midnight or an odd time like 5 AM or what?

quickwhips

So I just found out I can get one from walmart with a game, extra controller, and 12 month xbox live with my brothers discount for 550 dollars. Thinking of doing this but I didn't want any physical media.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Listened to Weekend Confirmed and they were talking about the trigger rumble in Forza, which sounds awesome. Also, I didn't know about in TitanFall, when you when the match there is a mad dash to the extraction point, which sounds pretty sweet.

Dramos

How is the Day One edition any different from the standard edition. I know they have a Day One logo on the controller and an exclusive achievement, are there anything else?

I'm picking up:

Forza 5
BF4

Hopefully, later on:

Sunset Overdrive, The Division and MGS5

boyshine

Do we know how Xbox Live on Xbox One works? I know we don't have details, but can you do anything game related without Xbox Live Gold? Can you even authenticate a game without Gold? Do you lose access to your games if your subscription expires?

nbraun80

So I just found out I can get one from walmart with a game, extra controller, and 12 month xbox live with my brothers discount for 550 dollars. Thinking of doing this but I didn't want any physical media.
You just download the disc anyways and you shouldn't need it again. Just download and toss it in a drawer. :)

Daylight

How is the Day One edition any different from the standard edition. I know they have a Day One logo on the controller and an exclusive achievement, are there anything else?

I'm picking up:

Forza 5
BF4

Hopefully, later on:

Sunset Overdrive, The Division and MGS5

There's a 0 point acheivement and some DLC

The Day One console includes a commemorative controller, token code to unlock an exclusive Day One achievement, and premium packaging

Day One Games come with the following:

Ryse: Son of Rome - Exclusive multiplayer map and sword with bonus attributes.

Forza Motorsport 5 - Access to four cars tuned to the top of their class.

Kinect Sports Rivals - Exclusive sporting equipment that separates your Champion from the rest of the world.

Dead Rising 3 - Exclusive Frank West and Chuck Greene Tribute Packs with bonus attributes.

nbraun80

Do we know how Xbox Live on Xbox One works? I know we don't have details, but can you do anything game related without Xbox Live Gold? Can you even authenticate a game without Gold? Do you lose access to your games if your subscription expires?

Well we know you only need one gold account on the system and then every profile on the system can access gold things like multiplayer, Netflix, etc. Major Nelson also mentioned that if you get banned from multiplayer you don't lose your games or anything. I'm fairly confident you don't need gold to do the 24-hour check, you just obviously won't have access to multiplayer. Etc.

I probably won't be getting an XBOX One for a good while after launch...I think the console has a better exclusive lineup than the PS4 right now actually, but I just don't feel comfortable supporting it as my main console with those DRM policies in place. I was a 360 guy through and through this gen too. Although....I foresee TitanFall completely making me cave this spring. But, anyway, I do have one worry: Using Kinect as a microphone.

Now, I'll probably just buy a headset whenever I get an XBOX One. However, if the sound canceling isn't extremely good on the XBOX One I could see playing online being a nightmare of hearing loud blasting music, the rest of people's families in their house, their game audio etc. This is already a problem with regular XBOX 360 mics, and it was a problem using the first kinect as a microphone. Really worried it'll force me to pause to mute people every minute or so if I'm playing online on this console.

There's a 0 point acheivement and some DLC

The Day One Edition console does NOT come with the game DLC. Those extra DLC packages are given with the Day One Edition games. No word whether or not you can get the game dlc by downloading online for the first day instead of going physical.

nbraun80

I probably won't be getting an XBOX One for a good while after launch...I think the console has a better exclusive lineup than the PS4 right now actually, but I just don't feel comfortable supporting it as my main console with those DRM policies in place. I was a 360 guy through and through this gen too. Although....I foresee TitanFall completely making my cave this spring. But, anyway, I do have one worry: Using Kinect as a microphone.

Now, I'll probably just buy a headset whenever I get an XBOX One. However, if the sound canceling isn't extremely good on the XBOX One I could see playing online being a nightmare of hearing loud blasting music, the rest of people's families in their house, their game audio etc. This is already a problem with regular XBOX 360 mics, and it was a problem using the first kinect as a microphone. Really worried it'll force me to pause to mute people every minute or so if I'm [laying online on this console.

no I hear ya, playing some games with randoms using Kinect can be annoying with a dog in the background. But there was a video showing the noise cancelling power of the Kinect 2 and it looked pretty good so I'm cautiously optimistic. I'm on my phone, do hopefully someone else can link to that video.

MarkusRJR

So I'm for sure getting the console day one now that they clarified the games will always work. For sure getting Killer Instinct and a second controller.

Should I get Watch_Dogs or Dead Rising 3?

derFeef

Oh boy.

PluovBZ.png

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
At launch I will for sure get Forza and Watch Dogs. Probably Dead Rising 3 and either BF4 or COD.

edit: Also, I will be curious to see what kind of news there could be for apps support for Xbox One at the MS Build conference.

Gorki247

Maybe it's just me, but it looks like Ubisoft might not be supporting Smartglass. In the interviews I've seen they always talk about tablet support; mentioning the iOS and Android platforms so I get the feeling they will have standalone apps.

It could be that they don't want to mention Smartglass in interviews that may be intended for a multiplatform audience, but even on Xbox @ E3 they didn't mention it and just referred to iOS and Android. EA on the other hand did specify Smartglass on that same show.

Hopefully I've got it wrong, but it is a bit of a worry as I'm mainly a Windows Phone/Surface RT user. The beauty of Smartglass is that it is available on all platforms. Has anyone seen any confirmation that Ubisoft's tablet features will be on Smartglass for their Xbox games? I'm mainly interested in Watch Dogs.

Xenon

I hate the fact that in case i bought the console i would be forced to pay for kinect,
On top of that i will also be forced to plug it in and keep it on for the console to work.
For me this is even worst than the DRM stuff.

They didn't have a single game demo with it at E3 just tech demos. Considering it's was planned to have it attached to the One since the beginning, not having a game to showcase it at this point is ridiculous. It's the only thing that may sway me to go PS4 first. If you're going to charge me $100 more for Kinect, you damn well need to have software to justify it.

clav

They didn't have a single game demo with it at E3 just tech demos. Considering it's was planned to have it attached to the One since the beginning, not having a game to showcase it at this point is ridiculous. It's the only thing that may sway me to go PS4 first. If you're going to charge me $100 more for Kinect, you damn well need to have software to justify it.

This is my opinion as well. So far I haven't seen any content that makes the Kinect worthwhile.

All the PS4 stuff I can do on a PC as the third party games are the ones I'm interested. As we've seen from this generation, all the exclusive indie stuff eventually goes on PC, so I guess that's that.

Until MS can sell me on Kinect 2.0, I will be waiting.

I will say the hardware feature set wise is cool. When you walk away, Kinect senses the player is away and low powers the controller. The tracking and precision are much upgraded over the predecessor. Auto-sign in.

I just want to see games that use it.

Daylight

The only demo it was in was the Project Spark demo, and that was just for menus. I have a feeling they may have nixed it possibly due to the PRISM story breaking just a few days earlier. I've no evidence to back that up, just sayin.

Alx

I think they didn't show any kinect game/feature because they have been mocked during the last 3 years for pushing it. Do you remember all the pre-E3 expectations "it will be only kinect bullshit" ?
This year they were trying to seduce the "core" gamers, and they did by showing mostly action sequences, and keeping kinect under wrap. They could have shown Kinect Sports, Zoo Tycoon, Fantasia or even kinect mode for Crimson Dragoon, but they didn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom