• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One wins 3 consecutive months in NPD for the first time, #1 UK, up YoY

Looks like there is some pretty good news going for the Xbox Camp right now. The console won September NPD making it the first time the One has been on top for 3 months straight in NA, and also was the number one console in the UK.

“Thanks to our fans, Xbox One was the best-selling console in September in the U.S. for the third month in a row according to NPD Group as well as the best-selling console in September in the U.K. according to GfK Entertainment UK. In addition, Xbox One was the only gen eight console to see year-over-year growth in September in the U.S., Australia, the U.K., and many other countries worldwide. This success was driven by our fans and their support for Xbox One S, which is the only console available this holiday with built-in UHD 4K Blu-ray, 4K video streaming and HDR for gaming and video. We received an incredible response to Forza Horizon 3, the No. 1 first-party title for September in the U.S., Australia, and U.K. according to NPD Group and GfK Entertainment UK. Global engagement on Xbox Live – the fastest, most reliable gaming network – continues to grow and the number of unique multiplayer users increased 57 percent year-over-year.”

http://venturebeat.com/2016/10/13/xbox-one-outsold-playstation-4-again-in-september/

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Makes a lot of sense. Good redesign, good bundles, and a much more fleshed out library than before. Expect it to continue through October as well.

3Peat
keep-calm-and-watch-me-3-peat.png

Bowler

Anecdotal but I know of 5 Co workers that bought the one S simply for the 4k bluray player. Such a dumb move by Sony not putting that into the slim or pro

gamz

Anecdotal but I know of 5 Co workers that bought the one S simply for the 4k bluray player. Such a dumb move by Sony not putting that into the slim or pro

1000%.

People down play it here, but obviously it was a big deal.

Being number one in the UK is a surprise considering several retailers were trying to sell their stock of the old PS4 for £150 after the Slim released.

Yeah, the inclusion of the UHD Blu Ray player will help sell the system to everyone buying into 4K sets this year and next.

viHuGi

Banned
Amazing for Xbox One and Console Gaming, having two consoles selling well is pretty damn great for this industry.

Unknown?

Ya know when PS3 came out everyone made fun of it because people only bought it for movies and not games. Why is Sony pissed on for not including a drive but Xbox isn't?

On Demand

Banned
Should be a wonderful thread.

But yeah, Sony's timing of the Pro announcement guaranteed XB1 leading until it launches. That and nobody really likes the slim.

Bruno MB

Edit: I read it wrong, the PR only mentions September, so we don't know if in the UK the Xbox One is up YoY in 2016.

It was 15.8% down as of May.

Cmerrill

You don't need to be empathetic towards me.
Well deserved. The Xbox S is a great system with that 4k player.

Love playing Dark Souls 1 on backwards compatible too.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
Their PR mention Australia too.

I know quite a few people who bought the S this month here for the FIFA bundle. So the FIFA bundle must have driven a lot of that last month too. Gears bundle will drive October in their US/UK/AU trinity.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account

I also bought an XBO S solely for the UHD player. (I already had an XBO and plan to get Scorpio) .

Huge oversight by Sony.

That said, I'm still getting a Pro.

Welfare

UK is surprising. I think with the data we have for the last 3 out of the 5 weeks for the UK, it only shows the XB1 with a slight lead, so the XB1 must have been on par with the PS4 prior to the slim launches.

Madness

Good stuff, I'm glad they've been gaining ground since hitting near rock bottom.

I didn't know not being #1 meant rock bottom... the Xbox One may not be as well selling as the PS4 but it was outselling the Xbox 360 for the past two years. Only this year did it falter and yet it still isn't the holiday period. By end of 2008, there were 28 million Xbox 360 sold worldwide. By end of this year with the sales of Xbox One S and who knows what else they have planned for black friday and boxing day, who knows.

Calling it rock bottom is ridiculous. Wii U isn't even rock bottom.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Amazing for Xbox One and Console Gaming, having two consoles selling well is pretty damn great for this industry.
Anecdotal from the store I work at but PS4 and XBO are both selling well right now. PS4 hasn't slowed down much, Xbox has just picked up a lot of steam.

It really does seem like the S has been a really big win / momentum gainer for them. I don't own one myself but have heard quite a bit of praise for the hardware. Hopefully the Scorpio shares a really nice design like the S has

Elios83

Sony's got their sales delayed as their first party games LOL
They're really playing for the November-December combo this year.

Theorry

Their PR mention Australia too.

I know quite a few people who bought the S this month here for the FIFA bundle. So the FIFA bundle must have driven a lot of that last month too. Gears bundle will drive October in their US/UK/AU trinity.

And BF1 bundle will help also is my guess.

labaronx

...who the hell would play that down? That is ridiculous fanboy shit.

Actually sony themselves downplayed it 4k bluray, i mean they do make and sell them so their research suggests people were not interested in 4k players, time will tell if that was the correct choice or not

Top Bottom