• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox |OT| Power Your Dreams

shimceltic

Neo Member
Usually a fresh boot as a result of a hard reset rather than waking the system up from rest mode will fix small issues like that. So if you have something persist later on, give that a shot
Yeah it was from a full unplug though. Turned Tetris off once I was playing as I didn't have a clue what was going on in multiplayer!

Is it worth trying Fifa? Never liked football but considering how Fifa sells, maybe it is worth trying at least Fifa 20 in GamePass

FIFA since 17 has "The Journey" mode, a graphical showcase story, with Mass Effect style morality wheel, that carries through each game featuring fictional Alex Hunter.

It's actually really good, and can be remarkably dramatic. I recommend giving it a try.

Bogroll

Likes moldy games
cre
So ok, assuming I have Xbox One X with my account that it used by third party to play GamePass games and I have my XSS with my own account I use. What should I do on Xbox One X to allow another person to play GamePass games in Co-op with me?
What about guest accounts?
Create another account. I share Gamepass with my Son on different consoles so it can be done.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
So ok, assuming I have Xbox One X with my account that it used by third party to play GamePass games and I have my XSS with my own account I use. What should I do on Xbox One X to allow another person to play GamePass games in Co-op with me?
What about guest accounts?

This is going to be long winded but its important to understand how this works.

When you buy a game digitally, or subscribe to game pass, the account that has made the purchase is given two licenses to that content.

One license is tied to the console that is registered to that person. (Your home xbox) and another is tied to the account of whoever purchases it. This is how when you go to a different box and sign in you are able to play all your content as long as you are signed in. This is also why you anyone else can play games on your console without you being signed in, as long as that console is registered as your home console.

If you wanted to share the content with another box you need to take whatever account that has the license to use the content and sign in onto the other box. Naviagte to the settings and find the My home Xbox Setting.

WHen you change your home xbox account to this new xbox, this box will now have the ability to use all of the content associated with that account. Which means if you bought a copy of Gears Tactics, anybody on the new box you registered can play it.

On your original box that first was registered, you can still play Gears Tactics as you, but you have to stay signed in with your account at all times since the license that would work on a console level has now been moved to the other box. This work on Game Pass as well.

Also note you can only change your home Xbox I believe 4 times a year.

This is going to be long winded but its important to understand how this works.

When you buy a game digitally, or subscribe to game pass, the account that has made the purchase is given two licenses to that content.

One license is tied to the console that is registered to that person. (Your home xbox) and another is tied to the account of whoever purchases it. This is how when you go to a different box and sign in you are able to play all your content as long as you are signed in. This is also why you anyone else can play games on your console without you being signed in, as long as that console is registered as your home console.

If you wanted to share the content with another box you need to take whatever account that has the license to use the content and sign in onto the other box. Naviagte to the settings and find the My home Xbox Setting.

WHen you change your home xbox account to this new xbox, this box will now have the ability to use all of the content associated with that account. Which means if you bought a copy of Gears Tactics, anybody on the new box you registered can play it.

On your original box that first was registered, you can still play Gears Tactics as you, but you have to stay signed in with your account at all times since the license that would work on a console level has now been moved to the other box. This work on Game Pass as well.

Also note you can only change your home Xbox I believe 4 times a year.
So basically I need to change my XSS home console to another Xbox One X console and there other person should login under different account. While I will use my XSS under my account.

I couldn't figure out why neither Borderlands 3 nor Forza Horizon 4 would use quick resume. I finally Googled it, and those two games just don't support quick resume. Borderlands 3 does, however, support launching with a very weird blue screen which makes me think something is terribly wrong every time. It kinda sucks, especially if you don't save inside either of these games thinking that you will resume where you left off.

RaZoR No1

I couldn't figure out why neither Borderlands 3 nor Forza Horizon 4 would use quick resume. I finally Googled it, and those two games just don't support quick resume. Borderlands 3 does, however, support launching with a very weird blue screen which makes me think something is terribly wrong every time. It kinda sucks, especially if you don't save inside either of these games thinking that you will resume where you left off.
Strange
For me Quick Resume worked for FH4.
But then later it didn't worked again.. Somehow it is more hit or kiss for me, if Quick Resume works or not.

But I have to admit.
Playing FH4 in 60FPS and High details reignited my interest in the game and it is a blast playing it.

Evangelion Unit-01

Master Chief
I fully expect somebody to do a wacky video on something like playing the entire Dark Souls series at once, with a switching timer and alarm every few minutes.
If you can bear with the commentary and crowd this is really cool. Switching between Super Metroid and Zelda with a randomizer that spreads items between both games.

No auto HDR for the MGS Collection? :(
Is there a way to tell what games have auto-HDR?

Last edited:

BigLee74

Doesn't matter how powerful your new console is, it's never enough.

Seeing some horrible lod changes in FH4 when driving around Edinburgh. Very distracting, and can't remember seeing them in the one x version. Missing dynamic lights in night time races too which is quite disappointing.

Borderlands 3 resolution mode has horrible frame rate issues. It's rarely a smooth 60 when fighting starts. Jaggies/shimmering on framerate mode offend the eye.

COD cold War was a smooth 60 until I got to a mission with a large crane and ice slides. Huge frame rate dips at the central location at that point.

Still loving quick resume though!

Last edited:
I usually see the HDR logo pop up in the right corner of my screen.

I don't normally advocate visiting Ree, but this list is definitely the most complete anywhere online

There's really not that many titles that don't use it, which is fantastic

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
i'll be honest not having a brand new UI to explore and discover (and new featires) has really hurt the feel of newness more than i expected. its really disappointing

I'm the opposite, I love that it's totally familiar and I already know where everything is. After I got my maze of cords and cables sorted out, setup only took a few minutes, plugged in my external and was playing right away. I felt right at home :messenger_beaming:

DaGwaphics

MS's problem is that, at least from what I'm seeing online, a narrative is starting to form that may be hard or virtually impossible to shake off if they don't nip it in the bud sooner rather than later. In that way I actually do think seeing these early days in a PS1/Saturn light is very apt because there's a lot of parallels, but MS has means of resources (and better corporate synergy) to improve in ways SEGA lacked in the day.

Don't all of the multiplats look and run in nearly identical fashion on both systems? What is the narrative you speak of, Sony's first party?

splattered

I'm having major issues with Cold War when trying to run Warzone for some reason.. are the COD Servers having issues?

Right now i have Modern Warfare loaded on the external drive and Cold War on the internal drive. I can load up Modern Warfare just fine and launch Warzone just fine from the external but when i open Cold War and try to play Warzone It keeps failing and saying the services are not available. Either that or it keeps saying "Joining Game Session" and sits trying to load for forever eventually saying i can't connect to this person's session, error Pied Piper. Though i can keep trying to get things to load and sometimes it will eventually load up but i don't know how stable it is because i haven't tried playing beyond getting it to load right now.

Also my family played Destiny 2 all weekend and every time my son tried to join my session it told him that i'm playing Cold War and took him to the Xbox Store to buy the game (???) even though i was in orbit and my wife could join me just fine.

What in the world is going on...

Greeno

MS's problem is that, at least from what I'm seeing online, a narrative is starting to form that may be hard or virtually impossible to shake off if they don't nip it in the bud sooner rather than later. In that way I actually do think seeing these early days in a PS1/Saturn light is very apt because there's a lot of parallels, but MS has means of resources (and better corporate synergy) to improve in ways SEGA lacked in the day.

Can MS honestly afford to wait until Halo Infinite (provided it has much improved visuals) or Starfield are ready in order to show off what the Series X can do? IMHO, no. By then it'll be too late to change what narrative settles in by then, because by that time Sony will have R&C Rift Apart, Horizon Forbidden West, GT7 and perhaps even Ragnarok showing their chops in the 1P suite and visual prowess department in addition to what Demon's Souls Remastered and Miles Morales are already doing.

So MS can't rely on Halo Infinite and Starfield for that. They need to make sure they're giving as much technical assistance to the Bright Memory Infinite, Exo-Mecha and Scorn teams as possible. Those games are scheduled for early 2021 IIRC and MS needs to start swinging that momentum in terms of visual narrative back to their favor after this launch period starts to wear off. Those games (and whatever other Xbox ecosystem exclusives are due in early/mid 2021) need to do their best to shut down any growing speculation on their platform having technical bottlenecks, whether it's CPU-related, GPU-related or SSD I/O related. Waiting and waiting isn't going to do much for too much longer.

I'm confident they can do it but it'll be some work to pull off, that is for sure. At least Gamecore seems to have stabilized and is getting out to more 3P devs now, which is a solid first step.
Microsoft really needs for Cyberpunk to bear its fruit on its consoles. If Cyberpunk can produce a situation similar to RDR2 (Xbox One X advantage clearly showing), then XSX will be well-associated with its marketing (the most powerful console on the market). It needs to be that kind of gut-punching shock in terms of differences between consoles.

Last edited:

sinnergy

Figured out the 1440p 120 Hz problem on the Samsung NU8000, you have to set your tv HDMI in to UHD HDMI color in tv settings , and the Xbox to Chroma 4:2:2 to compress so you have enough bandwidth for 1440p 120 Hz, hope this helps some .

Elias

Microsoft really needs for Cyberpunk to bear its fruit on its consoles. If Cyberpunk can produce a situation similar to RDR2 (Xbox One X advantage clearly showing), then XSX will be well-associated with its marketing (the most powerful console on the market). It needs to be that kind of gut-punching shock in terms of differences between consoles.
Cyberpunk won't be getting next gen upgrades till next year. The series x version this year might look better because it will be running the one x version.

Figured out the 1440p 120 Hz problem on the Samsung NU8000, you have to set your tv HDMI in to UHD HDMI color in tv settings , and the Xbox to Chroma 4:2:2 to compress so you have enough bandwidth for 1440p 120 Hz, hope this helps some .
It still doesn’t do anything for me I have the Samsung qled 55 inch

I'm the opposite, I love that it's totally familiar and I already know where everything is. After I got my maze of cords and cables sorted out, setup only took a few minutes, plugged in my external and was playing right away. I felt right at home :messenger_beaming:

I agree completely.

Every time the Xbox UI changed after the blades on the X360 it seemed to run slower and get more complicated. More buttons presses to do the same actiions. The new one is simple and snappy (though still not as user-friendly as the blades were). Unless a change will make the UI faster or require less presses to navigate, leave it alone.

I set up my PC in back in 2016 so that any game is either one or two clicks away and I haven't changed the setup since because it's a UI and it already does exactly what I want. Well designed UIs are supposed to make getting to the shit you want happen faster, not look flashy or be loaded with bloat. Imagine if TV or receiver settings menus were changed all the time, every single dad or grandpa on Earth would lose years off their lives trying to figure them out again.

/rant.

I198FB1.jpg

Hope everyone enjoyed their consoles even with the speculation asylum running loose on this forum 👌

You know it, every time I pop on the Series X it blows my mind.

Playing Yakuza like a dragon (best 2020 launch title IMO), Ori 2 in 6k and jumping in and out of Final Fantasy XV just cause I can (and it quick loads in 3 seconds)

Tomorrow brings the next gen patch for Halo MCC too, as if I didn't already have a big enough backlog.

ROMhack

Is it worth trying Fifa? Never liked football but considering how Fifa sells, maybe it is worth trying at least Fifa 20 in GamePass

Nah, it's garbo. 20 was one of the worst FIFA games in memory. I'd try PES first, which has its issues but is at least fun.

Last edited:
I remember Phil mentioned that they need more E rated games. From the recent IP's they can for example go after Minecraft Craft or some Lego-based racing (like it was in Forza Horizon) but purely from Lego. With all the IPs they have right (Doom, Halo, Minecraft etc.) - they can do a lot.

I remember Phil mentioned that they need more E rated games. From the recent IP's they can for example go after Minecraft Craft or some Lego-based racing (like it was in Forza Horizon) but purely from Lego. With all the IPs they have right (Doom, Halo, Minecraft etc.) - they can do a lot.

Agreed!

I know Yooka-Laylee didn't set the world alight, but I'd love to see them pick up Playtonic. And yes, give them Banjo, Conker and all the old Rare stuff. Why not?

I know Yooka-Laylee didn't set the world alight, but I'd love to see them pick up Playtonic. And yes, give them Banjo, Conker and all the old Rare stuff. Why not?
With GamePass I think it should not even matter - just pump in the content and somebody will love it anyway.

Top Bottom