• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox |OT| Power Your Dreams

INC

Do we think xbx will get an elite controller? Or any mention yet?

I'm hold off getting a ds5 for pc, incase elite pad gets announced

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Do we think xbx will get an elite controller? Or any mention yet?

I'm hold off getting a ds5 for pc, incase elite pad gets announced

It will for sure but I think we are a few years out. I would say 2022.

Personally I think if Microsoft will adapt the triggers, which they had a patent and such for so they have explored it, it will first be introduced in elite series 3.

What's a good, affordable external SSD for the Series X for storing non-optimized games?
I would get this one I have like 5 of these and they are amazing
E6Kssyy.jpg

Andodalf

Banned
It will for sure but I think we are a few years out. I would say 2022.

Personally I think if Microsoft will adapt the triggers, which they had a patent and such for so they have explored it, it will first be introduced in elite series 3.

I'm not so sure at all. The DS Triggers are really cool, but in no way necessary, They don't really add much besides "Oh wow I can feel the resistance". Astro is the only game that make them feel important so far. They feel actively bad in competitive shooters IMO, and will probably only really shine in story based games to give things added weight.

Playing Tetris effect this week reminded me how much I love the rumble triggers, and really hope they keep that feature.

Haptic feedback, while subtle, is what I'd like to see MS emulate, as both Sony and Nintendo now have it.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
I'm not so sure at all. The DS Triggers are really cool, but in no way necessary, They don't really add much besides "Oh wow I can feel the resistance". Astro is the only game that make them feel important so far. They feel actively bad in competitive shooters IMO, and will probably only really shine in story based games to give things added weight.

Playing Tetris effect this week reminded me how much I love the rumble triggers, and really hope they keep that feature.

Haptic feedback, while subtle, is what I'd like to see MS emulate, as both Sony and Nintendo now have it.

I think they add a sense of feedback that is new and effective but I would call any type of feedback not necessary. Its not really about being necessary its about creating a compelling product.

The elite series is designed as a premium product line and I could see them trying to pass this as a premium feature. along with the usual trigger stops, profiles, etc. I dont think it would be just the triggers though. Other features would need to be added to justify its price.

Elias

I think they add a sense of feedback that is new and effective but I would call any type of feedback not necessary. Its not really about being necessary its about creating a compelling product.

The elite series is designed as a premium product line and I could see them trying to pass this as a premium feature. along with the usual trigger stops, profiles, etc. I dont think it would be just the triggers though. Other features would need to be added to justify its price.

No feedback is bad, but it shouldn't actively impede you when you're playing the game like dualsense does when playing competitive first person shooters.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
No feedback is bad, but it shouldn't actively impede you when you're playing the game like dualsense does when playing competitive first person shooters.

Thats really up to the user. If you are playing with a deeper competitive nature then you have the option to turn it off, but most people playing games are playing just for entertainment.

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
Something just got mentioned in the PS5 firmware update thread.

I was part of the insider group on XB1, does this automatically carry over into Series X territory or do I have to opt in again?

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Something just got mentioned in the PS5 firmware update thread.

I was part of the insider group on XB1, does this automatically carry over into Series X territory or do I have to opt in again?

Fairly certain its registered by the console and not the account so I would think you would need to register again but I could be wrong.

Danny 117

Fairly certain its registered by the console and not the account so I would think you would need to register again but I could be wrong.
Yeah I had to opt-in again on XSX.

MCC still crashes my Xbox even after the update 😑

I am also having this issue. I am on update preview beta and on the "optimised for XSX/XSS" version. It just crashes on the menu after a few seconds!

TTOOLL

Just saw a famous Brazilian twitch streamer shitting hard on the XSX. He said it is not worthy the money for him now since there are no new games and he’s played all the old ones. He’s pissed about the controller using AA batteries in 2020 too.
He actually returned the console.

He claimed Series S is not selling well but I don’t know if it’s true.

Video in question:

D

Deleted member 740922

Unconfirmed Member
Just saw a famous Brazilian twitch streamer shitting hard on the XSX. He said it is not worthy the money for him now since there are no new games and he’s played all the old ones. He’s pissed about the controller using AA batteries in 2020 too.

Brazilian..... Hates Xbox...... :pie_thinking:

142767.jpg

splattered

I've seen some pretty screens and mentions of MCC crashing after the update now... but for everyone else playing it with it working (ha) how is the update? I haven't installed it on my internal because i have so many others i regularly play but i might swap out MK11 for this if it's worth checking out... Trying to keep room for the D2 optimization patches on the 8th because as a family we are playing that the most. My 8yr old daughter finally decided to create a character and play with us... a Warlock. She has experience in several other games so it was funny to watch her jump around the map popping heads with a hand cannon shouting goofy stuff like "360 no scope!" When i was her age i was playing Mario Bros and Duck Hunt haha crazy to think how much better kids have it these days.

splattered

Is Mortal Kombat 11 enhanced now? It is showing as X|S enhanced again.

For some reason i have a little more room on my internal drive this morning, were some other games updated/shrunk?

Internally i have Apex, BL3, COD CW, Destiny 2, Fortnite, FH4, Gears 5, Gears Tactics, and then MK 11

Haven't had issues with Halo MCC, but haven't been able to try out 120hz mode. Even with just 4k/60 with HDR and the FoV slider to 100 is enough to make a huge difference though.

Is Mortal Kombat 11 enhanced now? It is showing as X|S enhanced again.

For some reason i have a little more room on my internal drive this morning, were some other games updated/shrunk?

Internally i have Apex, BL3, COD CW, Destiny 2, Fortnite, FH4, Gears 5, Gears Tactics, and then MK 11

Yes, enhancement went live a little earlier. Here's the details if anyone's interested.

splattered

I'm confused by the MK11 update... it said it was updated but when i went to manage i saw a Story and then a Story 4k, both of them were unchecked needing to be installed. Some other DLC down below also didn't auto update. I selected the Story 4k but not the regular story option (Do we need both???) and now it says it is installing 939gb out of 939gb and the number keeps climbing... something funky is going on ugh. Might just totally delete and redownload it.

Elias

Just bought the official Xbox Seagate expansion drive. Its tiny!
I'm waiting for other brands to release theirs, before I buy one. But yeah, the official seagate drive is definitely tiny. The actual drive in SSX from Western Digital is about the same size too... makes you think.

Data Ghost

I'm waiting for other brands to release theirs, before I buy one. But yeah, the official seagate drive is definitely tiny. The actual drive in SSX from Western Digital is about the same size too... makes you think.
Right?? I mean I knew it was small, but when you hold it, its even smaller than you expect but weirdly dense and weighty. Anyway I didn't like the cost but I have been selling some old stuff lately which paid for it so I thought I may as well cover it off now.

Dane

Video in question:

Dude is nothing but an Xbox hater nowadays, people say it was because they never gave him attention enough for being the first 1 million GS in the country.

Top Bottom