• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox |OT| Power Your Dreams

Kagey K

Banned
I fear for the future our species.

DRUNv3p9xCp8xOhjV7C-6dNaS17dA8J4NqCZNQJl5Zg.jpg
Wtf did they think would happen?

So they are mad they can’t play a game that was so buggy they had to request a refund, to not play?

Xbox revokes your rights after you get a refund, this is not new news. You can’t play a game you didn’t pay for.

Edit: I still can’t get over this shit. The game was so bad they didn’t want to play it, and requested a refund, but then they get upset because they can no longer play it for free? 🤪

Last edited:
No, MS now offers refunds on Cyberpunk like Sony, which makes sense since base Xbox One version is by far the worst right now.

The game already runs and looks fine on PS5 (on perf mode though obviously) by the way.

Next gen versions should be a lot better though.
You might not know this but MS ALWAYS offered a refund for Cyberpunk. The only thing that changed was they expanded it so it didn't have the less than 2 hours played requirement. Sony has the worst refund policy for their digital store because you can't get a refund at all usually and this game shined a huge light on it.

If anything Sony was following MS here and even then their policy is much worse because now NO ONE can buy it digitally on their platform. MS handled this the right way. Now with 1.05 the performance of the game is already improving and those changes will be much harder to see on Sony's platforms. No one should follow any thing related to Sony's return policy.

Have you played around with mic monitoring
Yeah, but what are the levels supposed to be?

Ive had issues like this in the past and the problem was with the 3.5 MM port on the controller and also kinda the cable? The 3.5 MM cable worked fine for other controllers, but a new cable made the audio work with that controller as well. No clue what causes this, something to do with the 3 pole?
I'm starting to think this is the issue. Is the 3.5 port supposed to wiggle around in the controller? When I twist the cable the port moves a bit as well.

Roberts

Initially I was thinking about taking it easy with Gears Tactics. Play one mission a day or something, mostly not to overdose on it. But I find myself unable to do that - it is simply too addictive. I love that it keep the spirit of Gears games in a way that it doesn't let you relax and there's sense of urgency in pretty much every mission. Unlike X-com games, you can't just sit in a safe place, waiting for your skills to cooldown - you need to move forward all the time, especially in these missions where you are getting bombed from the air. Love the game and will definitely be in my top10 of 2010.

Played Hivebusters cop-op with my friends. I really enjoyed 5 and to a lesser degree 4, but this is so much more fun. It's like a very enjoyable trashy B-movie compared to the more prestigious main games and kind of better for it. Lava level is bonkers.

Not bad for a franchise that seemed to be hitting a dead end just a few years ago.

Last edited by a moderator:

Andodalf

Banned
What are you going to play first

I finally got my Audeze Penrose X in yesterday as well, and I’ve got to try some Tetris effect connected with them.

Then Gears 5, maybe a bit of the OG campaign (I want to see the Snow again!) then the expansion

Then Gears Tactics

Then I’ve got to see Horizon

Then the Outer Worlds DLC

Then maybe Skyrim 60 FPS.

Man if only Xbox had games! :p

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
I finally got my Audeze Penrose X in yesterday as well, and I’ve got to try some Tetris effect connected with them.

Then Gears 5, maybe a bit of the OG campaign (I want to see the Snow again!) then the expansion

Then Gears Tactics

Then I’ve got to see Horizon

Then the Outer Worlds DLC

Then maybe Skyrim 60 FPS.

Man if only Xbox had games! :p

I always play only one game at a time, finish it and move on to the next one. Right now I have about 5 games in QR and a whole bunch more I want to start because I want to play them ALL!

Can you imagine how bad it would be if Xbox actually had games. 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

Andodalf

Banned
I always play only one game at a time, finish it and move on to the next one. Right now I have about 5 games in QR and a whole bunch more I want to start because I want to play them ALL!

Can you imagine how bad it would be if Xbox actually had games. 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

Oh my god, I forgot about Quick resume. I’ll be able to switch between them whoever I want! I can keep Tetris effect open forever in a marathon!

splattered

If kratos becomes purchasable in the shop again let me know in case i don't catch it.. i'm super busy w work end of year and not playing as many games but i do want to grab his set to go along with Master Chief.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
I think an unsung hero for XSX is the SSD + CPU combo for BC titles. It is almost unfair how much better some games like Morrowind, Oblivion, and Deadly Premonition (especially the latter) become with so much shorter loading times. I am possibly less patient than I used to be, but it is an understated improvement to the quality of life of the game.

Last edited:

Mr.ODST

One thing thats starting to irritate me is games being a ghost town compared to PS5, just tried NBA 2K21 and the game is empty online, play on PS5 and it filled with hundreds of people :'( noticed this with a few other games aswell, does this bother anybody else?

Alx

Lots of people getting an Xbox for the first time asking what last gen/backlog game to play first. This one. Play this one.

Yup, I'm playing Control right now and while I enjoy it it made me want to play QB again. Maybe it's the memory, but I remember the visuals being more creative (with all the time/space weird effects), the faces less weird, the fighting mechanics more original and of course the plot was so deep.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
One thing thats starting to irritate me is games being a ghost town compared to PS5, just tried NBA 2K21 and the game is empty online, play on PS5 and it filled with hundreds of people :'( noticed this with a few other games aswell, does this bother anybody else?
Weird, do you have correct locale on Console? Because when I was switching to NZ for early Cyberpunk I tried to get few games in Battlefield and there was no one there, but after switching back to Czech I got full game quick. I think it's due to, that you have big ping to some far location, that the game client simply do not connect you with others who are <100ms....

Mr.ODST

Weird, do you have correct locale on Console? Because when I was switching to NZ for early Cyberpunk I tried to get few games in Battlefield and there was no one there, but after switching back to Czech I got full game quick. I think it's due to, that you have big ping to some far location, that the game client simply do not connect you with others who are <100ms....

Im from the UK so it shouldnt be too much of an issue

Gerdav

FIFA is the same, online seasons can have under 200 people online at once, it makes the concept of the seasons pointless and the game more so than normal a frustrating rage fest, the difference in skill levels both ways is brutal to the point I get zero enjoyment out of being 6-0 up by HT and seeing them rage quit, because I know full well I will probably be on the other end of it the next match.

Mr.ODST

FIFA is the same, online seasons can have under 200 people online at once, it makes the concept of the seasons pointless and the game more so than normal a frustrating rage fest, the difference in skill levels both ways is brutal to the point I get zero enjoyment out of being 6-0 up by HT and seeing them rage quit, because I know full well I will probably be on the other end of it the next match.

I had friends leave Xbox because they were playing the same people in FIFA

cormack12

Gold Member
Is anyone playing second extinction? Got mugged off with godfall and no matchmaking, wondering if this can scratch that in and out multiplayer?

Moogle11

Banned
66GB update to FH4. Microsoft please, I have a bandwidth budget. I guess Gear is going to have to wait until next month.

I finally but the bullet and shelled out the $30 a month for unlimited data as I was tired of dancing aroundthe 1.229tb cap on Xfinity. Our last promo contract had ran out a couple months back so called and got back on a new2-year contract to knock base costs down some so ended up paying $10 more than we were ($40ish more than the prior promo). Sucks but they’re a monopoly for us an we have no other ISP or cable option so no competition.

bender

What time is it?
I finally but the bullet and shelled out the $30 a month for unlimited data as I was tired of dancing aroundthe 1.229tb cap on Xfinity. Our last promo contract had ran out a couple months back so called and got back on a new2-year contract to knock base costs down some so ended up paying $10 more than we were ($40ish more than the prior promo). Sucks but they’re a monopoly for us an we have no other ISP or cable option so no competition.

Since my contract is up mid-January, I've been thinking about downgrading from 200Mbs to 100Mbs ($60 -> $45) per month and then tacking on unlimited. I guess I could just blow through my courtesy month for the year but it's not like I'm playing a lot of what I'm downloading right now, so I can deal with managing my cap for a few more months.

Top Bottom