• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox |OT| Power Your Dreams

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Been reading various opinions concerning this for the past 15 minutes or so....and it could be that you are correct. But even Game Pass Day One would be a big deal.

I think thats the likely scenario. (mutliplat, GP Day 1) I dont think Lucas would sign a deal if it was an exclusive game without a large chunk of cash being thrown their way. The word was Disney signed the EA deal with Star Wars specifically because they target so many platforms with their games.

This deal was likely inked before the Microsoft buyout anyway.

Last edited:

kuncol02

Banned
LucasFilm collaboration pretty much means no exclusivity unfortunately, at least it'll be day one on game pass
LucasFilm collaboration means shit for exclusivity. Spiderman was exclusive (Sony did NOT have rights to spiderman in games before) and it was made with collaboration with Marvel.
Maybe that not gaming studio thing that MS was spending lots of money was exclusivity rights for Lucas franchises?

DaGwaphics

The property isn't quite as hot as it once was, so I wouldn't say there is no possibility of exclusivity (think Spider-Man), but who really cares anyway. Sounds like a potentially great game on GP, that's the bigger get for me. Though, I'll admit exclusivity being announced would be entertaining in these parts.

Roberts

Is anyone in here playing Valhalla and is QR working for you. It's NOT working for me.
It has been close to a month since I have completed it, but I remember it was off and on thing. Didn't work for a week or so, then started working. Recently saw some posts on reddit that complained that it didn't work for them again. Isn't it that if it doesn't work for you, then it doesn't work for everybody?

On a totally unrelated topic I was wondering about Bethesda acquisition: Is it possible that the deal can fall through? I haven't really seen anybody talk about it and I have no clue how these things actually happen, so pardon my lack of business knowledge if it is a really stupid question.

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
It has been close to a month since I have completed it, but I remember it was off and on thing. Didn't work for a week or so, then started working. Recently saw some posts on reddit that complained that it didn't work for them again. Isn't it that if it doesn't work for you, then it doesn't work for everybody?

On a totally unrelated topic I was wondering about Bethesda acquisition: Is it possible that the deal can fall through? I haven't really seen anybody talk about it and I have no clue how these things actually happen, so pardon my lack of business knowledge if it is a really stupid question.

Thank you for the info on AC and QR.

Regarding whether the Zenimax deal can fall through, I don't know. From what I've seen in articles, interviews and tweets it seems like it is a mere formality. I do hope that's the case.

SirTerry-T

Disney via Marvel allowed a exclusive Spiderman game which is a bigger property than Indy so a exclusive Indy game isn't really out of the question.
My only issue with that theory is that Sony owned the film rights to Spider-Man, so I imagine there were a few "if you do this for us..." discussions when Marvel/Disney were keen to get Spider-Man into the MCU.

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
Arkane Austin project is not Prey 2
unknown.png

Last edited:

MDSLKTR

All this Bathesda talk is just making me want to play Doom & Wolfenstein 1/2 on Game Pass. Hope they add them soon.
I bet they'll drop the whole Beth catalogue all at once like they did with EA play.
Just Preying for select enhanced versions... 🤞

Pug

Series X in stock at Currys UK. MS coming out the gate in 21
At long last managed to pick up a Series X last week from GAME, to be fair it's been a nightmare trying to get one. Same with the PS5 managed by pure chance to get one for my son for Christmas. With regards to the Series X, I'm surprised how small it is, the setup was seamless from One X and although I haven't messed with it much, navigation is much quicker, Hivebusters looks incredible and Cyberpunk 2077 although it doesn't look that much different from the one X is so much smoother, it feels like a different game. No doubts it's on impressive bit of kit.

pasterpl

At long last managed to pick up a Series X last week from GAME, to be fair it's been a nightmare trying to get one. Same with the PS5 managed by pure chance to get one for my son for Christmas. With regards to the Series X, I'm surprised how small it is, the setup was seamless from One X and although I haven't messed with it much, navigation is much quicker, Hivebusters looks incredible and Cyberpunk 2077 although it doesn't look that much different from the one X is so much smoother, it feels like a different game. No doubts it's on impressive bit of kit.
Congrats!

yeah, I was surprised how small in reality xbsex is, I also got series s and this one is much smaller which is crazy, both series x and series s are whisper quiet and very cool, it is crazy how well ms engineered these consoles.

Last edited:

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
Did you have to buy a bundle off them or just let you buy the console?

Gerdav

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed
Top Bottom