• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox |OT| Power Your Dreams

Don Carlo

Russian journalist and reputed industry insider Anton Logvinov who previously confirmed the PC ports of Horizon Zero Dawn and Death Stranding way ahead of time says "that the Blue Box Studios "Abandoned" is actually a new entry in the beloved Metal Gear series"
Thoughts?

Source

Last edited:

Barakov

Russian journalist and reputed industry insider Anton Logvinov who previously confirmed the PC ports of Horizon Zero Dawn and Death Stranding way ahead of time says "that the Blue Box Studios "Abandoned" is actually a new entry in the beloved Metal Gear series"
Thoughts?

Source
That would be.....weird. Everything seems to be pointing to a horror game. Kojima is known for his weirdness but a Metal Gear game where you go up against a crazy cult wouldn't make a lot of sense.

reksveks

Thoughts?

Source

Reddit is laughing at the description of the guy being reputable. There wasn't supposed to be any next gen exclusive at the launch of the ps5.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Here, IGN's top Xbox fans have picked out the very best of the best, settling on just 10 games that represent the finest of the Xbox canon. Our criteria: we chose games that were originally Xbox exclusives. They might have come out on other consoles later down the line, but at the time they represented the best of what the Xbox consoles had to offer. Here are our top 10 Xbox exclusives of all time.

cormack12

Gold Member
Does anyone have any issues with the external SSD? I swap mine between two boxes and 50% of the time I get this weird message

We see your external storage but the connection is too weak to use.

I mean it's a cartridge so it's hardly got pins etc. I take it out and reseat it and then it works. Just annoying, and because I'm getting the message. I'm taking extra care to seat it in properly the first time.

Thinking about picking up Series S. Worth it?

Depends. I have one upstairs on a 4K TV and when I was playing BF II, I could definitely notice aliasing and blurring that isn't there on the XSX. I could notice it but it wouldn't be enough for me to like go and start kicking off because I expect compromises. On the flip side, I'm currently playing the Ascent on it and it looks great. Fifa 21, I was on that yesterday and again, just soft edges really but the game plays fine. As long as you go in with your expectatiosn realistic then you should be fine. Also will help if you have a 1080 and not 4k panel

elliot5

Nice to see something coming from Microsoft/Xbox regarding women in their workplaces. And most importantly, that the women included in those conversations are being heard and feel like they're being heard. Part of the reason why I've grown to like MS/Xbox lately is because it does seem like it's not all just talk. A majority of my close friends are women in the gaming industry and the cultural aspects of the industry are important to both me and them. (y)

reksveks

Anyone else having these issues???

Me as well, I also do wish it was better supported at launch but it feels like it takes a couple of weeks sadly.

On a separate topic, did we ever get an answer to what the Bethesda 2021B rating is/was?

Last edited:

Kimahri

Banned
Yeah, there are so few games to actually work with Quick Resume that I've almost forgotten it's a feature. I'm rather surprised when a game just immediately jumps in. As far as I'm concerned it's bogus. Hardly ever works.

MDSLKTR

Beware of QR if you play Subnautica, game doesn't auto save and I lost lots of progress due to that. Really great game btw and runs great with vrr.

WoodyStare

Yeah I’ll agree quick resume feels a bit unfinished. When it works, it’s great with a digital collection, but most of the time I feel it ends up crashing upon relaunch, or has other glitches when playing the game after resuming. Most of the time I just close the game anyway because it launches quick enough in general. Hopefully they can find a bit more consistency in the future.

SEGA_2012

I have 3 years of XBL Gold, do you guys know what is the convertion rate to GPU ? Some people say it is 1:1 , but i am not sure.

DaGwaphics

Yikes at the One S/X performance. 1080p 30 and 4k 30.

I think they had said the target was 60fps on the xbone to start with. Lowering that to 30 is probably a great thing for Series users.

flight sim works for me regarding quick resume. and guys, most games work with quick resume lol. no need for the hot takes.

Almost everything works with QR in my experience. I guess it depends on how many online type games you play versus single player.

JLB

Banned
Yeah I’ll agree quick resume feels a bit unfinished. When it works, it’s great with a digital collection, but most of the time I feel it ends up crashing upon relaunch, or has other glitches when playing the game after resuming. Most of the time I just close the game anyway because it launches quick enough in general. Hopefully they can find a bit more consistency in the future.
I dont think a perfect quick resume will be ever possible. Many games just do online checks, like fifa or dark souls, and will require to go back to main menu to renew session.
In my experience qr works incredibly well. Theres so many games were is flaweless.
Oh, dont just try to use an xbox one after it. It feels prehistoric.

MDSLKTR

Fellow Canucks (maybe other countries?):
Check for diablo 3 ultimate evil edition on your console store, seems there was a glitch and the game shows for free.
Could be due to a xblg free weekend but there was no word about it. In any case I'm dl it now...

JLB

Banned

Nice to see something coming from Microsoft/Xbox regarding women in their workplaces. And most importantly, that the women included in those conversations are being heard and feel like they're being heard. Part of the reason why I've grown to like MS/Xbox lately is because it does seem like it's not all just talk. A majority of my close friends are women in the gaming industry and the cultural aspects of the industry are important to both me and them. (y)

Good to hear that Xbox -and probably others- are providing space to discuss these issues. Its beyond unacceptable that things described happening in Blizzard are still a thing.

Seeing the Halo hype rise, do you think 343 may produce another podcast series like Hunt the Truth? I’m not a big Halo fan however I thought it was a really made audio series and was a good listen.

Doncabesa

Seeing the Halo hype rise, do you think 343 may produce another podcast series like Hunt the Truth? I’m not a big Halo fan however I thought it was a really made audio series and was a good listen.
If they are it would have had to have been in the works for a year or more, those things take a lot of time to put together.

Helghan

Could be, we still haven't seen a proper marketing campaign for the SP experience. I would think that starts somewhere in September-October, depending on the release date.

catvonpee

My favorite game ZA4 is on sale for $20 on Xbox, and has all the L4D characters as free DLC. It's also on Gamepass if you want to try before you buy.
OOB8Z5z.jpg

The trailer is age restricted so you can see it on YouTube. NSFW/ blood and gore galore.

Or here

Last edited:

Trogdor1123

I got my daughter a series s the other day and she really likes it and honestly so do.

I was always kind of on the fence for an Xbox so it's not too surprising.

I currently have a digital ps5, I'm thinking about trading it for a series x or is that something that wouldn't happen?

catvonpee

I got my daughter a series s the other day and she really likes it and honestly so do.

I was always kind of on the fence for an Xbox so it's not too surprising.

I currently have a digital ps5, I'm thinking about trading it for a series x or is that something that wouldn't happen?
I am sure you could easily sell your PS5 on here and then trade the money for a series X.

silentstorm

Looked at the next Game Pass list, Hades is finally coming(already played on PC), Curse Of The Dead Gods(never played but heard good things about it), Lumines(AWESOME) and...

...And Katamari Damacy Reroll which i bought the last time it went on sale, i had no idea it would have been on GP, bought it like a few weeks back and haven't played it yet though(curse you lack of time) but it seems like an overall good list, though i don't care about Microsoft Solitaire Collection.

Gerdav

I am getting a new TV delivered today which does 4K 120fps, any recommendations on what games to try out first, that will really showcase 120fps.

Top Bottom