• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Play Anywhere |OT| - Have you found Phil's Loophole?

Sure, for Play Anywhere he recommits to feeling it's important and it's shown out by the users using the services and playing on both platforms.

Also a trend developers saw is people who use Play Anywhere tend to play more. Not sure if he meant more hours, games, or both, but it's an interesting side effect.

Zedox

Also a trend developers saw is people who use Play Anywhere tend to play more. Not sure if he meant more hours, games, or both, but it's an interesting side effect.

I'm presuming that he meant playtime of certain games. That's a good thing for dev/pubs as that gives them more opportunities to sell DLC/mtx to customers and shows how "good" their game is. It's good that devs/pubs like that as it means more games in XPA which is a benefit.

Somnia

That looks fun. Seems that we're gonna get a lot of XPA with indies. Fine with me. :)

Ya it seems like indies will be the ones embracing the cross system I feel. Some major 3rd parties might (Capcom for example) might, but that'll take longer for them to adopt.

Zedox

I'm so glad that it seems every other week we get another Xbox Play Anywhere games announced. Once those bigger 3rd parties get on board, it's gonna be awesome.

Zedox

They keep rolling in. Windows Store getting a lot of indie games so that's good. 3rd party games slowly happening. I'm guessing E3 is gonna be a lot of major 3rd party announcements for XPA, at least that would be the smart play for MS.

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
They keep rolling in. Windows Store getting a lot of indie games so that's good. 3rd party games slowly happening. I'm guessing E3 is gonna be a lot of major 3rd party announcements for XPA, at least that would be the smart play for MS.

You could say that the Windows Store is picking up...well, you know...

Some interesting infos for XPA that they gave during GDC:

- Around 16 games were announced at the GDC time with XPA support, to launch very soon.

- From the more than 1000 games in development through id@xbox, more than 200 are already supporting XPA, and that number is increasing.

- About 20% of the purchases of play anywhere games were made on Pc. And about 20-25% of play time gamers spent on these games are on Pc as well.

Top Bottom