• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

|OT| Xbox Power King Memes

I will then say that the 2x bump in power PS5 has over PS4 will change nothing, but the 20% XSX has over PS5 means that there will be games on XSX that literally cannot happen on PS.
12.x TF is the sweet spot in therms of computing power, this is where things become incredible and where the point of diminishing return is--it is perfect balance! Anything more powerful that the xbox series x is wasting resources, and anything below it in computing power is just so weak that it's not worth the silicon it's made of.

Get with the times buddy!

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
So the 40x increase from last gen to XSX will have games be the exact same, but a 2 x difference between PS5 and XSX changes everything?
I will then say that the 2x bump in power PS5 has over PS4 will change nothing, but the 20% XSX has over PS5 means that there will be games on XSX that literally cannot happen on PS.
12.x TF is the sweet spot in therms of computing power, this is where things become incredible and where the point of diminishing return is--it is perfect balance! Anything more powerful that the xbox series x is wasting resources, and anything below it in computing power is just so weak that it's not worth the silicon it's made of.

Get with the times buddy!
With the Xbox you'll be waiting two years extra sorry to break it to you.
More power memes less bullshit. Take this crap to another thread.

fmBrKRt.jpg

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUCEMENT

This happens way too much in here. Even I've taken a bite.

giphy.gif

Stop addressing people you think are trolling the thread, it gives them an excuse to continue under the guise of "defending". If someone tries to shit up the thread, report if needed and carry on. If reporting doesn't get you results and the trolling persists, just put them on ignore. Honestly the forum is a much nicer place when you start ignoring people you know aren't here to discuss anything. It would probably also make about half of the repeat threads on the front page vanish.

The goal of the derailing is to get this thread shut down because it becomes a cesspool of bickering. If it were possible I'd go back through the thread and delete about half of it but I'm not a moderator. I'd ask one to, but this isn't their mess in the first place.

If you really want an Xbox Series X discussion thread free of all that, contact one of the site admins/mods then start your threads or even an OT and stipulate them as Xbox discussion threads that will reply ban members for blatant derailment and instigating posts. Stop the callouts in threads and start reporting derailing. Callouts are an invitation for people to troll your threads. Every time you @ someone in a post they get alerted and will come in here with an excuse, that's your own fault. I've included users in memes, but I don't @ them for that reason (also I'm pretty sure they put me on ignore after my first month here)

This has been a public service announcement, we now return you to your regular scheduled programming.

Found this on the internet. This is before the unreal 5.0 tech demo, but I still think its relevant and super funny

czyush4.jpg

I made that and posted it a few months back, it's at the top of page 5. If I were to make it today after the controller render and the Unreal 5 movie Epic played I'd add something about the copy/paste controller , the 1440p/30fps and no games shown on the Sony side. Glad to see it's making the rounds.

34 pages...

You guys are writing a huge fucking check. I hope Microsoft helps you cash it.

giphy.gif

Also, the Spec OT is 2,000+ pages and it's basically a PS5 OT, which is fine, it's an EPIC thread, but let's call a spade a spade. Don't pretend the "check writing" is a one way street. According to posts in the other thread, the PS5's SSD alone better enable demonstrably better looking graphics than anything capable on XsX. Blank checks are being written all over the place.

I'm just trying to have a silly goose time. People tell me I take it too seriously. So let's keep the jokes/memes going all around. XsX is very powerful, PS5 is powerful and creatively engineered. It's all good.

Last edited:

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
giphy.gif

Also, the Spec OT is 2,000+ pages and it's basically a PS5 OT, which is fine, but let's call it a spade a spade. Don't pretend the "check writing" is a one way street. According to posts in the other thread, the PS5's SSD alone better enable demonstrably better looking graphics than anything capable on XsX. Blank checks are being written all over the place.

I'm just trying to have a silly goose time. People tell me I take it too seriously. So let's keep the jokes/memes going all around. XsX is very powerful, PS5 is powerful and creatively engineered. It's all good.
I love it tbh. I am just saying that come launch time when expectations don’t match reality, it will be a tough reality check for one fan base or the other.

I love it tbh. I am just saying that come launch time when expectations don’t match reality, it will be a tough reality check for one fan base or the other.
Just like the 13.3 tf 32gb ram ps5 unveiled right? Go back to the spec thread. Nobody cares for your triggered shitposting.

Let's hug it out. Threeway Bro Hug? Who's with me?

Don't leave me hangin, broskis

godhandiscen

Just like the 13.3 tf 32gb ram ps5 unveiled right? Go back to the spec thread. Nobody cares for your triggered shitposting.
Relax. I like the Xbox and I want it to succeed, but after the Xbox One situation, I struggle to trust Microsoft.

Andodalf

Banned
Relax. I like the Xbox and I want it to succeed, but after the Xbox One situation, I struggle to trust Microsoft.

You don’t need to trust them, just the numbers. 6Tf saw the One X preform exactly as you’d expect, and the same will be true for this gen. GPU performance is still king, followed by Bandwidth. Which is why those are all anyone talked about, until they realized they didn’t have it.

godhandiscen

You don’t need to trust them, just the numbers. 6Tf saw the One X preform exactly as you’d expect, and the same will be true for this gen. GPU performance is still king, followed by Bandwidth. Which is why those are all anyone talked about, until they realized they didn’t have it.
The One X did not perform exactly as I expected. Fuck, look at Ori 2, it hovers between 40-50fps all of the time. Each game has different needs.

It is very possible that Microsoft spent a large part of their BOM budget into the GPU while neglecting other important aspects that developers need to truly create the next gen experiences they envision. Sony can become too overconfident, but they definitely have a better pulse with third parties atm.

Look, I don’t want to ruin the party. However, thinking that Sony’s investment on the SSD is a bad move, the same way Microsoft had a bad move with Kinect last gen, is a bit naive when so many industry professionals seem to be excited about what Sony has shown so far.

Last edited:

Lone Wolf

The One X did not perform exactly as I expected. Fuck, look at Ori 2, it hovers between 40-50fps all of the time. Each game has different needs.

It is very possible that Microsoft spent a large part of their BOM budget into the GPU while neglecting other important aspects that developers need to truly create the next gen experiences they envision. Sony can become too overconfident, but they definitely have a better pulse with third parties atm.

Look, I don’t want to ruin the party. However, thinking that Sony’s investment on the SSD is a bad move, the same way Microsoft had a bad move with Kinect last gen, is a bit naive when so many industry professionals seem to be excited about what Sony has shown so far.
What was neglected with the Series X? they didnt go insane with the storage and I/O like Sony, but it’s still light years Ahead of last gen. Everything else is better than Sonys machine.

Last edited:

The focus is always on the GPU. ALWAYS. ALWAYS. ALWAYS. ALWAYS. ALWAYS. It is RDNA2 and 52 Compute Units

The CPU is significant upgrade on both consoles from the shit jaguar, so that is a HUGE step up from node shrink to microarchitecture changes.

Overall, Xbox Series X is a far more balanced and powerful system making sure that every aspect of the console has significant upgrades from the previous gen:
CPU? Check
GPU? Check
SSD without I/O bottleneck and overhead? Check
RAM? Check
RAM Bandwidth? Check
Ultra Blu-Ray Disk Drive? Check
Backwards Compatibility Enhanced? Check
HDMI 2.1 with Variable Refresh Rate and HDR? Check
New Audio enhancements? Check

Raytracing? Check

And lots of other shit that I cant think of. Stop with this doom and gloom bullshit with xbox series x. PS2 was the weakest of the 2: Original Xbox and Nintendo Gamecube, and PS2 won hands down. You are gonna get the best of both worlds.

The funny thing is they will likely look and perform almost identically, as I expect most multi-plats will. Maybe faster load times on the PS5. Maybe higher framerates and resolution or maybe even RT used on the Sexbox. Exciting times ahead for console players!
I agree, Im just shitposting for fun.

Top Bottom