• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Price Predictions

Select 2

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Poll is closed. Congrats to our members on well made predictions.

Select one option for X and S each. These price point made the most sense to me. If you want to predict for example $479 just select the closest number.

Also I’m testing out displaying votes publicly so we can shame or praise members later on 😁

PS5 prediction thread

Last edited:

Amory

Idk how they're going to do it, but I think they have to release the X at $399 if they reasonably expect anyone to buy one

SX $600
SS $300

I'm thinking the two PS5's are $400 and $500, so XSX will be more expensive still, MS will want the XSS to undercut them.

I'm also not certain MS are absolutely going to release the SS now.

Given the shit they've received over Halo Infinite, and gossip about crossgen development problems, I'd think they'd rather avoid the inevitable negative press a budget, handicapped console will bring, as well as yet more dodgy 'next gen' meme screenshots and comparison images that are much worse then the PS5's.

I also don't think MS themselves have any idea what they're doing anymore though, so it will still probably release and cause some unforseen to them only disaster.

McHuj

I voted $499 and $299, but I think that's still high for Lockhart.

I'm really intrigued about the possibility of a controller less SKU that's just a direct upgrade for your existing xbox one.

Series S $0 w/ 24-month GamePass Subscription

I think that's two short of a term maybe 36 months. Or $99 with a 24-month plan. And I'm assuming this would only be the $10 plan as well.

DaGwaphics

I voted $499 and $299, but I think that's still high for Lockhart.

I'm really intrigued about the possibility of a controller less SKU that's just a direct upgrade for your existing xbox one.

I think that's two short of a term maybe 36 months. Or $99 with a 24-month plan. And I'm assuming this would only be the $10 plan as well.

They'd probably bump the price up to beyond the base $15 of GPU. Probably $25/mo. or something like that.

OrtizTwelve

Because Microsoft won’t have Halo or any major first party system seller ready at launch, price this time around will make or break them for the new generation. They’re literally launching with nothing to move units.

They have to be aggressive on price, very aggressive. Otherwise the launch will be extremely lukewarm. They will have to undercut Sony on price.

I would price the Series X at $399 to $499 range. Anything higher than that is dead in the water. I think $399 would be the magic number here if they can pull it off. For the specs, that’s a deal.

For the Series S, assuming it does exist which it seems like it does, $299 to $399 seems possible. $299 seems like the magic number here, unless the rumors of $199 come true, then that’s industry shaking.

Like I said, no major first party titles and no Halo — they MUST be aggressive on price, or maybe throw in an aggressive game pass 6 month or year offer with every console purchase. Anything less and they’re going to start off poorly.

Series X<£399
Series S>£399
Because I have no fucking idea for either so I thought I'd just need with the poll numbers instead. You're welcome.

Rodolink

I'd say 50bucks more than the PS5
499 xsex to prove it's superiority
449 ps5
and I doubt series S will be real.

Bridges

I can't see the Series X going any lower than $500, but Series S is interesting. I suspect they'll be selling the S at a pretty big loss to truly undercut Sony.

If somehow both models were cheaper than the PS5 that'd be incredible, but that seems highly unlikely to me

Calverz

Im saying
S= $249
X=$449

Both come with 3 months gamepass ultimate.
S sells shit loads to casuals.
MS secure a big third party game for gamepass console launch.

$599?

Comes from a Monster Energy drink Halo Infinite promo campaign (that they're still rolling with). He took the total prizes pool, divided by the number of 1st-place winners for Series X & Halo Infinite copies and it came to $599.99.

If Halo Infinite was to retail for $60 then that'd put the Series X at $539.99, which is super odd pricing. Then again, weren't there rumors Infinite was supposed to be FTP? If so then maybe this would only reflec the system price?

If it really IS that much, all I gotta say is ouch. Next-gen might be more expensive than we thought. It might be the most concrete evidence to official Series X price we have so far, though. So I guess I'm gonna go with either $599.99 or $549.99.

Hopefully this is wrong, though. Personally think $499.99 should be the upper limit for both it and PS5 physical.

ManaByte

$599?

Comes from a Monster Energy drink Halo Infinite promo campaign (that they're still rolling with). He took the total prizes pool, divided by the number of 1st-place winners for Series X & Halo Infinite copies and it came to $599.99.

If Halo Infinite was to retail for $60 then that'd put the Series X at $539.99, which is super odd pricing. Then again, weren't there rumors Infinite was supposed to be FTP? If so then maybe this would only reflec the system price?

If it really IS that much, all I gotta say is ouch. Next-gen might be more expensive than we thought. It might be the most concrete evidence to official Series X price we have so far, though. So I guess I'm gonna go with either $599.99 or $549.99.

Hopefully this is wrong, though. Personally think $499.99 should be the upper limit for both it and PS5 physical.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Voted $500 for Xbox Series X and $200 for Xbox Series S due to it being digital only so they can afford to take a bigger loss because after buying a few games, Microsoft would make up for it easily.

Barakov

XSX - $399 XSS - $299

Right now that's how they fight Sony. They could've gone higher if they had Halo Infinite at lanunch but that's not going to happen. They're fighting Sony that has momentum, the public behind them, a launch Spider-Man game and a super fast SDD. Microsoft needs to their strengths(the few of them they have) and capitalize on them. Thus far, they haven't done that.

Top Bottom