• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Project Scorpio Announced - 6TFlops, 320GB/s - Fall 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

vivekTO

Fridge.gif

I got you!!

IgMyx.gif

cakely

I'm just happy to see the actual Xbox One Scorpio thread getting bumped instead of tacking unrelated debate onto threads about other Scorpio news.

What excites me about Scorpio is the fact I think Xbox one and Ps4, and even PS4 pro, have demonstrated themselves as being a lot more powerful than their raw TFLOPs would initially suggest they would be. That makes the excitement for what scorpio will be capable of even bigger for me.

What excites me about Scorpio is the fact I think Xbox one and Ps4, and even PS4 pro, have demonstrated themselves as being a lot more powerful than their raw TFLOPs would initially suggest they would be. That makes the excitement for what scorpio will be capable of even bigger for me.

I've seen some folks disagree with this over the years. Either way I'm excited to see what the extra memory/bandwidth will allow for. Remember when we first got the 360 and were just staring at the wall textures in Perfect Dark? Can't wait for 4k!

Somnia

BTW I'm pretty positive that "logo" hanging in their office is a fan made item made by a guy on Twitter named Crypt and he sent it to them for fun. They chose to hang it up is all.

edit: and beat

Xbox One Scorpio should already be locked in as the final name

Agreed. But it's not happening because of......reasons. These companies never do it, but it's a shame. Xbox One Scorpio has a damn nice ring to it and they have been using this name for quite a while now, everybody knows it now. Well, everyone interested in gaming i guess.

It's undoubtedly going to be a lame ass name, or well much lamer than Scorpio. At the end of the day only one thing matters and that's not the name. Hope we get something concrete soon, some official news.

Lady Gaia

Agreed. But it's not happening because of......reasons. These companies never do it, but it's a shame.

Sadly, one of the more common reasons is a cluttered trademark space combined with simple greed. More often than not a comprehensive search will turn up some conflicting trade name. Of course you can negotiate the right to use it or purchase it outright, but the typical approach is to do so through an intermediary so the existing owner doesn't know that someone with deep pockets is asking, otherwise the price skyrockets. Once you've tipped your hand with a public code name, though? The reason for the interest is much harder to hide.

Naming something commercial is all too often a nightmare tangle of legal and financial negotiating. I've worked on several products whose names were changed multiple times in the final weeks leading up to an announcement as deals fell through or marketing changed their minds.

soapinmouth

Neo Member
Not forgetting the price of a big SSD. It would make an Xbox One S 400-500 bucks let alone a Scorpio.

How big do you expect the Scorpio to be and will it be the nicest of the bunch?

yz4a1285jpg-7cf084_5niyaxr.jpg

yz4a1286jpg-38768b_765w.jpg

Phil mentioned on the ign podcast that it would look like a continuation of the same trend and design with the Xbox One and to the Xbox One S as the same team is making Scorpio as well. It should also look more premium, and will contain an internal psu.

ramparter

Banned
I don't know about you guys, but I approve of this logo. Jesus call it Xbox One Scorpio and get it over with!

-------
A new flag hangs in the hallways of the @Xbox marketing team! #ProjectScorpio

https://mobile.twitter.com/msstudiosblog/status/843858734694580224

They can easily go with Scorpio because the whole argument of that people will confuse it with Xbox One S is nonsense. Like Phil said, they target certain gamers with Scorpio and most others will buy the S console.
Damn so its two Xs that form the 8 legs of scorpio, X2 confirmed

I don't know about you guys, but I approve of this logo. Jesus call it Xbox One Scorpio and get it over with!

-------
A new flag hangs in the hallways of the @Xbox marketing team! #ProjectScorpio

https://mobile.twitter.com/msstudiosblog/status/843858734694580224

They can easily go with Scorpio because the whole argument of that people will confuse it with Xbox One S is nonsense. Like Phil said, they target certain gamers with Scorpio and most others will buy the S console.

logo makes me think of Ballz

ballz-3d-07.png

Sadly, one of the more common reasons is a cluttered trademark space combined with simple greed. More often than not a comprehensive search will turn up some conflicting trade name. Of course you can negotiate the right to use it or purchase it outright, but the typical approach is to do so through an intermediary so the existing owner doesn't know that someone with deep pockets is asking, otherwise the price skyrockets. Once you've tipped your hand with a public code name, though? The reason for the interest is much harder to hide.

Naming something commercial is all too often a nightmare tangle of legal and financial negotiating. I've worked on several products whose names were changed multiple times in the final weeks leading up to an announcement as deals fell through or marketing changed their minds.

Thanks for the reply, that was quite informative and I had no idea about this.

JlNX

Hasn't it been too silent? No specs., no games nothing!

Well I think it was telling that in the shadow of war dev interview they didn't seem to know the details for scorpio even tho they are developing for it. Ms is been very secretive about the hardware for some reason. I wouldn't be surprised if they are given a a complete sealed metal box with only inputs and outputs and the new developer software they've made, and that's it no spec sheet.

Well I think it was telling that in the shadow of war dev interview they didn't seem to know the details for scorpio even tho they are developing for it. Ms is been very secretive about the hardware for some reason. I wouldn't be surprised if they are given a a complete sealed metal box with only inputs and outputs and the new developer software they've made, and that's it no spec sheet.

LOL pretty sure developers would know. No need to seal the box. Here you go Bungie, here's your dev kit.

Christmas-treasure-chest-4.jpg

massucci

Banned
No not slightly. Pro gpu = 2 PS4, Scorpio = 3 PS4 + more and faster RAM.
I don't think gpu will be that major upgrade over the Pro specs. I mean, it has more TF but I don't expect neither a massive improvement in the big scheme of the numbers.
The bandwidth indeed should help to push more effects with checkerboard. But of course I hope the native 4k will not to be favourite, because we can say goodbye to the better graphic setting on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom