• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Series X hands on previews are live

Zathalus

Load time are not as impressive as they could be, obviously due to none of the games taking advantage of SFS, Velocity, or the custom decompression blocks. As for why no next gen games are being showed off, very likely due to this just being a preview of the console and how its BC works. I would have liked to see something at least though.

Andodalf

Banned
If I could guess, Digital Foundry have already their benchmarks for Xbox Series X and PS5.

- Rise of Tomb Raider
- Doom
- Assassin Creed Unity (I don't remember if this runs unlocked)
- Hitman
- Call of Duty MW reboot
- Call of Duty MW Battle Royal mode
- Project Cars

Do they have PS5?

Also Wolfenstein's 4k unlocked mode is for sure going to be shown

Hold the fuck up, are they showing old fucking games again, that one tweet shows loading times for games this gen?
Lol jesus

Back compat for NOW..and you should read DOU what OP posted.

ar49laP.jpg

Fake

Do they have PS5?
No, but there are review embargos for PS5 as well. They usally use the same game to all the game consoles, both PS4, Xbox One, PRO, Xbox One X and PC.

Also Wolfenstein's 4k unlocked mode is for sure going to be shown

Wolfenstein don't have much to say. Either Doom Eternal or recent Wolfenstein, both games use ID Tech engine. Both get boost from seX in that case. Maybe you're right about this one because Doom Eternal runs quite stable in current gen, at least in comparison with Wolfenstein.

Last edited:

Vawn

Banned
Browsing through them.. seems like a big emphasis on load times.

Wonder how the ps5 load times will be in comparison if we ever get hands on previews with that.

I'm guessing since they don't have access to real Series X games yet, there's not a whole lot more to analyze.

But, huge reductions in loading is a big win going into next generation.

Codswallop_

Neophyte
I see mods quickly covering up for Microsoft closed the thread with big news that XSX isn't hardware BC with its predecessor. Good job, shills.

You mean the troll thread that was blatant bs? It's not the mods who are shilling, look at the amount of concern trolling in this thread alone...

Being able to suspend multiple games at once is a cool new feature, I can see myself using that.

So "Not getting the full console" is the new excuse I am hearing now?

Why aren't they getting the full console? The Xbox console is in mass production by now, don't tell me the OS is not ready?

Maxwell Jacob Friedman

leads to fear. Fear leads to xbox.
We all know you won’t buy it. So why ask?
Why buy it? Where's the incentive? They have no exclusive titles because they are all on PC as well, I might as well just build a rig and play games at better fresh rates and graphics anyways. However again, the most important thing to a console is the games, where are they again?

Maxwell Jacob Friedman

leads to fear. Fear leads to xbox.
"we have the most powerful console ever made, here's how it plays old games" 🤦

WHERE ARE THE FUCKING NEW GAMES MICROSOFT? ARE YOU TELLING ME TO SPEND $500 PLUS TAX TO PLAY OLD GAMES? GTFO.
they apparently said they were gearing up for next gen since 2017 and Halo was the only magic trick they tried pulling out of the box? Christ.

TBiddy

So "Not getting the full console" is the new excuse I am hearing now?

Why aren't they getting the full console? The Xbox console is in mass production by now, don't tell me the OS is not ready?

The new excuse for what? And you know there'll be an OS update day 1 on both consoles.

Three

Not like that on PS4... I will record the game in a few your to you see.

It weird because it never took that longer to me.
It's because in that video he fast travelled which means the hdd is getting hammered. I'm not sure if that is the case with the xbox one x gif too but this might be the reason.

Tripolygon

Banned
So Xbox Series X only has 800GB usable space on the SSD? That means about 200GB is taken by the OS. To extrapolate, that would mean only 300GB is left on the Xbox Series S.

got damn nice to see Sekiro running at almost locked 60fps on Series X. And that cold boot speeds are insane, SSD is god send tech for gaming and consoles are going to revolutionize it, mark my words!

ManaByte

Rage Bait Youtuber
So Xbox Series X only has 800GB usable space on the SSD? That means about 200GB is taken by the OS. To extrapolate, that would mean only 300GB is left on the Xbox Series S.

You don't know anything about how HDDs and SSDs are formatted, the OS doesn't take up 200GB. Do you really think you're going to have 800GB usable on the PS5? Realistically it's going to have about 750GB out the box.

Last edited:

iamvin22

Industry Verified
How is this possible without patch from developer???

They are being told to use last gen games with a unlocked frames. Games with locked frames won't see any improvement but games that are unlocked won't need a patch as they will benefit from the extra hardware.

It's really a "duh" move. Same will be said for BC on unlocked Ps5 games

Tripolygon

Banned
Not like that on PS4... I will record the game in a few your to you see.

It weird because it never took that longer to me.
Of course your mileage may vary. Its slow to a varying degree. It was slow for me but not that slow compared to that video, i don't have the game anymore so i can't really show.

Such Concern from PS4 fans
i am not sure i qualify for that moniker since my most recent game console was a 2nd hand PS2... But i have seen enough that if Xbox fans aren't concerned, they should be.

Good on them buying Bethesda by the way, i think Bethesda would be better off in the long run, but that isn't going to help Xbox at launch. Bethesda need to be rebuilt as a studio, and I am not sure there was many cases where a studio that had gone bad was able to genuinely recover.

Top Bottom