• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox tweets Xbox support

border

I have the same problem as @Xbox! When I turn my system off/standby for an extended period of time, it sometimes no longer responds to the "Xbox On" voice command. Once I manually turn on my system it tells me that Kinect is not connected, even though it is connected. I have to unplug and reconnect the Kinect to get it turn on and register voice commands.

Is there a solution to this? Is it a software problem or a hardware problem?

Foaloal

Wait... She posted the coordinates to her house on her twitter account? Why would you do that?

Clearly she wants internet guys to track down her house and order her pizza/send the swat team/etc.

Please don't consider doing this, I'm being sarcastic. It definitely is very stupid to post your address on a publicly available page on the internet though.

onanie

Why do they need fake questions? Are the real questions making them look bad? I don't understand why any company would need to do this when there are a plethora of people ready to complain about their product and ask for help

It's anyone's guess, but it is a solicited action whatever their motivation.

doby

Why do they need fake questions? Are the real questions making them look bad? I don't understand why any company would need to do this when there are a plethora of people ready to complain about their product and ask for help

There's probably stats that prove it is worthwhile making (faked) FAQ tweets to cut down on the amount of people wanting their similar questions answered directly on twitter. Support accounts get so rammed that anything that can lighten the load is probably welcome, and in doing so they can offer a quicker turn around for the more complicated problems customers may have.

Having said that its totally embarrassing and amateur to get caught doing it no matter the dividends.

I forgot to log out of my fake alt Twitter account, help!

check out some of these fake accounts, too obvious it's them: https://twitter.com/skatefisher

Wow, So Kate Fisher runs the official Xbox Twitter Account, then when she makes a tweet as "Xbox" turns around and retweets herself as her personal account "skatefisher"

That is pretty funny, and awesome. It is pretty obvious she forgot to log out of the official "Xbox" twitter account, when she was tweeting Xbox Support.

Well, GAF Detective wins again, at Kate Fisher's expense. Sorry Kate, GAF Detective is just too good.

Saganator

Is there no app for managing multiple twitter accounts and preventing this kind of thing? If not, guess I know what my next project will be.

Is there no app for managing multiple twitter accounts and preventing this kind of thing? If not, guess I know what my next project will be.

i'm sure that would just cause them to tweet to wrong account still. they probably just see the text box and submit. who actually checks before posting

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
ok guys, maybe considering she doesn't know how the twitterer works maybe she really legitimately doesn't know how to use her xbox one.

i mean, really.

how many public relations employees actually care/know about the product they sell inside and out? that's what interns are for. she's the manager.

Foaloal

ok guys, maybe considering she doesn't know how the twitterer works maybe she really legitimately doesn't know how to use her xbox one.

i mean, really.

how many public relations employees actually care/know about the product they sell inside and out? that's what interns are for. she's the manager.

If we are going to take her posts at face value, she's already apparently been playing lots of Dead Rising 3 just fine (even before launch).

If she bought her xbox one at launch and she is just now having issues with her kinect, does that not mean she has not even tried using it for weeks?

Yes, she is clearly inexperienced with Twitter. Somebody who is inexperienced with Twitter shouldn't be working as a social media employee though.

Either way this isn't a huge issue, but it is pretty funny and just another case of ineptitude related to Xbox employees.

Control of information. Big companies are really scared of normal people asking unsolicited questions.

Harlequin

Are we sure it's a fake question? I mean, is it that unimaginable that someone working for MS has technical problems with their Xbone and tweets the support about it?

Social marketer apparently, so sounds about right

https://twitter.com/skatefisher/status/221018180343185408

yO4Vgz0.png
You guys are amazing.

I just don't understand what this tweeting fake requests for support really accomplishes. Maybe that's why I'm not making the big bucks at a company like MS.

Foaloal

Are we sure it's a fake question? I mean, is it that unimaginable that someone working for MS has technical problems with their Xbone and tweets the support about it?

I think it's fairly unimaginable it took them more than 3 weeks from the day they apparently bought their xbox to ask for help with a problem that they apparently have had since day 1 (since any real question about a new problem would be like "my kinect was working but now it isn't").

Harlequin

I think it's fairly unimaginable it took them more than 3 weeks from the day they apparently bought their xbox to ask for help with a problem that they apparently have had since day 1 (since any real question about a new problem would be like "my kinect was working but now it isn't").

Well, it's worded a little weirdly, I'll give you that. But that could simply be because this woman is working in MS's marketing division, so even if she has a real problem, she probably won't word it like a person not affiliated with Xbox would. I'm not saying it's not fake as it might very well be fake. I just think people are maybe jumping to conclusions a little too quickly because there's really no definitive way for us to tell whether it's fake or not. I don't think there is, anyway. Please don't understand this as me trying to defend Microsoft. That's the last thing I would do :p. I simply don't think the situation is as crystal clear as some people in here make it seem.

They really didn't need this press lol.

That said, I'm sharing this everywhere.

And does MS even need to mention why/how this happened? I've never seen something like that, aside from the people sent to Best Buy to dissuade people from buying a Wii U.

Sean*O

They really didn't need this press lol.

That said, I'm sharing this everywhere.

And does MS even need to mention why/how this happened? I've never seen something like that, aside from the people sent to Best Buy to dissuade people from buying a Wii U.

Say whaa?

rrs

There's clients designed to handle any sort of social media management, she more than likely checked the wrong user to send from

So MS Social Media team is tweeting fake questions to Xbox Support? Are they doing it so that Xbox Support will look like it can actually provide support for Xbox issues faced by consumers?

yatesl

Easily done! When I was manager of a game store, I tweeted from the stores twitter page on my iPhone.

Just after vita launch I made a tweet about how it kept getting the flashing blue light, and it was a pain.

... Except I was still logged in to the store page, not my own. And didn't notice until someone told me 4 hours later

Edit: oh hey, I just realised I'm finally a member

I just don't understand what this tweeting fake requests for support really accomplishes. Maybe that's why I'm not making the big bucks at a company like MS.

I'm guessing it's not a fake request and she really has an issue with her Xbone.
She probably just forgot to switch to her personal account before tweeting

... fake alt account? It's probably one of the people that runs the account and forgot to sign out.

Yea, but that's not a good enough conspiracy storyline for folks that want to believe the worst. It's much better for to imagine that he had to have been faking interest in the Xbox One with a fraud twitter account in an effort to drum up some excitement -- what with the lackluster sales and all -- and his/her way of doing that was to report that they were having trouble with their Xbox One, as opposed to telling people how much they love it. :)

Tsundere

Banned
I'm guessing it's not a fake request and she really has an issue with her Xbone.

She's bought an Xbox at the LA launch, she lives in Seattle Washington, and only tweets about a Kinect issue a month after launch? Yeaaaaa.

That's what I think too.

It's just a little strange that it started with "Hi" instead of just "@XboxSupport", as the former is the option a person who knows about twitter for publicity would use for it to appear in more people's timelines. If it begins with an @username, it appears in the timelines of just the people who follow BOTH the sender and the named accounts.

theJohann

Yea, but that's not a good enough conspiracy storyline for folks that want to believe the worst. It's much better for to imagine that he had to have been faking interest in the Xbox One with a fraud twitter account in an effort to drum up some excitement -- what with the lackluster sales and all -- and his/her way of doing that was to report that they were having trouble with their Xbox One, as opposed to telling people how much they love it. :)

And the difference is..? Either way, somebody forgot to log out of the account. The "folks who want to believe the worst" aren't saying otherwise.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
There's probably stats that prove it is worthwhile making (faked) FAQ tweets to cut down on the amount of people wanting their similar questions answered directly on twitter. Support accounts get so rammed that anything that can lighten the load is probably welcome, and in doing so they can offer a quicker turn around for the more complicated problems customers may have.

Having said that its totally embarrassing and amateur to get caught doing it no matter the dividends.
There are.
You guys are amazing.

This isn't necessarily a fake request, it's very possible it is a real issue she had and baked it into a pre-emptive support answer, as is part of her job as a PR marketeer. Pre-emptively putting out answers to questions that people have in a channel which people will easily see and read while doing it as "one of the people" is a proven tactic as old as time itself. People tend to listen more if it's one of their own talking rather than someone/something talking to them.

Every organization worth it's salt does this type of thing, except better. ;)

Harlequin

She's bought an Xbox at the LA launch, she lives in Seattle Washington, and only tweets about a Kinect issue a month after launch? Yeaaaaa.

Why wouldn't she have been at the LA launch, being in MS's marketing department, though? I'm sure lots of their marketing people were there. The other thing sure is a little weird. The only two explanations I find probable would be that it only broke now and she worded the tweet a little weirdly or that the tweet is indeed fake. But then why would she send it from her personal twitter account instead of from a fake one? These people aren't stupid and they sure as hell have got fake social media accounts for these situations. So just as much as tweeting about it one month after launch doesn't make sense, tweeting about it using her own account doesn't make sense, either. Logic works both ways, you know.

Top Bottom