• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Twitter/X Just Confirmed Their Biggest Games Will Be Multiplatform

Embearded

I wonder if "the days of exclusivity come to an end", will we ever see something like TLoU2?
These single player cinematic exoeriences with the big budgets pretty much exist to sell consoles and then take 30% of evey third party game sold for this system.
What will be the motive behind such an investment? Surely not GP/PS+ sales.

Darsxx82

So again, Sony and Nintendo games coming soon to Xbox right???

Just say it, you will feel better....

But you can't, instead you will keep moving goalposts

PSVR2 now

AHAHAHAHAHAHAH

What an idiot

Do you know that insult says more about you than it does about me??? Simply describe your level of hate.
Imagine someone with that attitude worrying about the mental health of others..🤣🤣

Then, AGAIN, start understanding what is being said if you want an honest and serious discussion. It's clear that it's not what you want.

I wonder if "the days of exclusivity come to an end", will we ever see something like TLoU2?
These single player cinematic exoeriences with the big budgets pretty much exist to sell consoles and then take 30% of evey third party game sold for this system.
What will be the motive behind such an investment? Surely not GP/PS+ sales.

The days of exclusivity are coming to an end just for Xbox....

Because they failed as a first party, not because it's an industry trend

Making consoles with zero console exclusives doesn't make any sense...

Last edited:

drganon

My pain??? Wait, wait, I'll wipe my tears of laughter again...
images

Which games and the timing matters.

Everyone seems so shocked by this, but if you replace the word Xbox with PlayStation, I bet this wouldn’t be so shocking.

“PlayStation’s biggest games will be on more than one platform.”

Shocking only at first to learn huge franchises were going to PC, but everyone got over it, same will apply here. Microsoft is a massive publisher now and some of their games will be better suited on Switch, others on PlayStation and others will remain on Xbox only.

In context, the tweet isn’t even referencing MS games specifically. It’s saying in general, the biggest games are on more than one platform. You can already apply that to PlayStation. Fortnite, CoD, Apex, 2k, Minecraft, etc. The PS5 games that top the charts are typically all on numerous platforms, same with Xbox. Per usual, Nintendo is the exception.

drganon

It's not necessary, you already prove every day here that this is better in your hands and whoever gave it to you was completely right.🤣🤣
Your mother was the one who gave it to me. Said you dropped it after your latest fit over Xbox porting games to ps5 and switch. Said to give it to you once you stopped crying.

Last edited:

Mr Moose

In context, the tweet isn’t even referencing MS games specifically. It’s saying in general, the biggest games are on more than one platform. You can already apply that to PlayStation. Fortnite, CoD, Apex, 2k, Minecraft, etc. The PS5 games that top the charts are typically all on numerous platforms, same with Xbox. Per usual, Nintendo is the exception.
It doesn't say are, it says will be.
Have they made a follow up tweet saying how all the people crying are reading it wrong?

Last edited:

Darsxx82

Your mother was the one who gave it to me. Said you dropped it after your latest fit over Xbox porting games to ps5 and switch. Said to give it to you once you stopped crying.
Ladies and gentlemen, here is the best example of the predictable and embarrassing reaction of a typical fan/troll/hater. Enjoy the show

🤣

XXL

Microsoft removed the references to “more console and controller options for you this holiday” before the blog post was posted publicly. A post on X from the official Xbox account still references this promise of new hardware, though.
Update, February 21st 7:15PM ET: Article updated to note that references to new Xbox hardware was removed from Microsoft’s blog post before it was posted publicly.
Microsoft removed the mention of new hardware from their blogpost.
Nba Playoffs GIF by Milwaukee Bucks

Last edited:

Darsxx82

Didn't they talk about new hardware this year in the podcast?

This is the original quote in the podcast....

Sarah Bond "We’ve got more to come. There’s some exciting stuff coming out in hardware that we’re going to share this holiday. We’re also invested in the next-generation roadmap."
My bet is that there has been a communication error and they are "correcting" it (although the quote is still on X's account)

Sarah Bond comes to indicate that there will be news or announcements at the end of the year and not that new hardware will be launched at the end of the year as implied by the text of the Xbox account in X and contained in the pre-blog.

jm89

Your mistake is assuming that they are referring specifically to XBOX games when they are not.

They are referring to the industry in general and the trend towards multiplatformity. And yes, that statement can cover many narratives... -if MS announces the arrival of FF to XBOX in June, for example, this tweet could also be used for reference? Also yes .
-If Sony announces the arrival of its first parties to PC ( or "other platforms")? Also yes.
Because precisely that is the message of that tweet, that games launching on a single platform are going to be increasingly rare. And that is precisely why they have not eliminated it.

We can discuss the future and multiplatform strategy in the industry and we would all agree on that same phrase. But of course, it is made by the Xbox X account and it is too difficult to miss the opportunity to sharpen it or a different context.
images

Bernardougf

Gold Member
Your mistake is assuming that they are referring specifically to XBOX games when they are not.

They are referring to the industry in general and the trend towards multiplatformity. And yes, that statement can cover many narratives... -if MS announces the arrival of FF to XBOX in June, for example, this tweet could also be used for reference? Also yes .
-If Sony announces the arrival of its first parties to PC ( or "other platforms")? Also yes.
Because precisely that is the message of that tweet, that games launching on a single platform are going to be increasingly rare. And that is precisely why they have not eliminated it.

We can discuss the future and multiplatform strategy in the industry and we would all agree on that same phrase. But of course, it is made by the Xbox X account and it is too difficult to miss the opportunity to sharpen it or a different context.
Vgwx8iy.jpg

Top Bottom