• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles (EU) release moved up, Now August 19th

batbeg

SciencePilot said:
Sigh... I'm still not sure if I should order this now or wait until I actually have time to play it. Is the price of this game going to go up or down in the future? I'm not really sure.

It'll go down, almost certainly. I don't recall any games getting more expensive in the UK since the gamecube era.

squall23

Mockingbird said:
Wow. The voice acting in the first ten minutes is superb -- specifically those three characters.
Yeah, their dub isn't bad, too bad their Japanese counterpart contains Vegeta and Norio frikkin' Wakamoto.

FreeMufasa

SciencePilot said:
Sigh... I'm still not sure if I should order this now or wait until I actually have time to play it. Is the price of this game going to go up or down in the future? I'm not really sure.

I think it'll sell really well (atleast much better than expectations), thus recieving a more shipments. You should be fine waiting.

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
squall23 said:
Yeah, their dub isn't bad, too bad their Japanese counterpart contains Vegeta and Norio frikkin' Wakamoto.
That's why they included the Japanese track on the disc. Gotta love options.

wrowa

I fucking hate living in Germany. Italy? Posters. UK? Posters. Greece? Posters. Sweden? Posters. France? Artbook. Germany? Nothing at all :(

kenji

wrowa said:
I fucking hate living in Germany. Italy? Posters. UK? Posters. Greece? Posters. Sweden? Posters. France? Artbook. Germany? Nothing at all :(
Italy? XD

Italy doesn't have poster, and the game even comes out in September 2. XD

Yeshua

wrowa said:
In France we will have posters and the artbook^_^

The poster has a great quality and motive, but I personally have just no use for this. Don't feel like I'm missing out there.

Not getting the artbook is a real shame though. :(

wrowa

Yeshua said:
In France we will have posters and the artbook^_^
I... I... I hate you with the passion of a thousand burning suns! Time to pack my stuff and emigrate to France. I always knew that there had to be a greater plan behind me being forced to study French at school.

Annoying Old Party Man said:
I will have to write a review soon so I will probably storm through the game, will let you know soon!
To be honest, the words "storm through" in combination with a huge RPG make me already know that I won't care about your opinion...

TDLink said:
First 10 minutes, in English, up on Youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6FH_4guK5A

Can't wait to import this game.

That is amazing.

The voice acting is surprising really good! I thought it was just going to be a bunch of cockney accents going at it, haha. Definitely unique and will make the world that little bit more different than the rest of the games in my library.

I think i'll be buying both the Aust. and UK versions for the Soundtrack CD and Controller respectively. Also it looks like an evolution of the brilliant fighting system in FFXII

The release date can't come soon enough.

Zwei

kenji said:
duh, I didn't know about this, is that the only source? the Italian Nintendo site doesn't say anything about the posters :\

I dunno, man. I haven't seen another source confirming this, either. :/

wrowa said:
I... I... I hate you with the passion of a thousand burning suns! Time to pack my stuff and emigrate to France. I always knew that there had to be a greater plan behind me being forced to study French at school.

To be honest, the words "storm through" in combination with a huge RPG make me already know that I won't care about your opinion...

Sorry to hear that :). Will post first impressions tomorrow morning, also there's no way you will be able to read my review, so don't worry about it!

tsab

Annoying Old Party Man said:
Sorry to hear that :). Will post first impressions tomorrow morning, also there's no way you will be able to read my review, so don't worry about it!

Post some pics with the goods. Posters, boxes, ccpro etc.

mclem

Chesskid1 said:
nintendo could of region locked the first 10 minutes of xenoblade on youtube.. but they didn't, i can easily view it in USA ;)

I'm sure NoE don't object to US people viewing it, deciding they'd like the game, realising they'd have to import then doing so!

V_Ben

Banned
Yeah, the voice acting in the games is actually much better than I expected it to be. I'll be popping in to a GAME eventually to pick it up... buying games day 1 in the UK is silly now :/

FreeMufasa

wrowa said:

Yeah, this is a game I want to take the time to explore EVERYTHING. Thats why I refuse to start it untill I've cleared my backlog.

mclem

mattiewheels said:
I just tried to preorder from amazon UK, since I've ordered from them many times, and they say that my US address is no good. Is there something I'm not doing right? If I can't get it there, where else are americans importing from...

Amazon strictly obey region-protection on games; they won't export them. I've seen the same problem in the other direction; can't buy games from Amazon US. That's why I like Videogamesplus so much!

I think most US people are ordering from Asda (for price) or from Game (for CC bundles)

Placed my order last night. I'm in the UK, so should get it reasonably close, but I'm likely to sit on it until the bank holiday weekend before I tuck in; that'll probably mean I end up roughly near when the importers get it.

vitacola

mclem said:
Amazon strictly obey region-protection on games; they won't export them.
Didn't some of the US people here order it on Amazon.de?

mclem said:
I've seen the same problem in the other direction; can't buy games from Amazon US. That's why I like Videogamesplus so much!
Are they like AxelMusic: No customs, because they send it from Europe?

mclem

vitacola said:
Didn't some of the US people here order it on Amazon.de?

Are they like AxelMusic: No customs, because they send it from Europe?

I don't believe so. I think they just mark things on the box at less than the minimum import cost (£18, I *think*) to discourage inspections.

That said, most of my purchases are lower than that margin anyhow.

Edit: Just looked it up; £18 currently, £15 from November. But £40 if it's marked as a gift, which some importers will do.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Franchuzas87 said:
There isn't any kind of embargo?

Nintendo can be pretty flexible with embargos. Everything I've reviewed for them in Australia has been without any embargo at all, regardless of how early I got the game.

EatChildren said:
Nintendo can be pretty flexible with embargos. Everything I've reviewed for them in Australia has been without any embargo at all, regardless of how early I got the game.
Good to know. I think I remember embargoes in games like Other M or Ocarina 3D, but maybe was a NoA thing.

LevityNYC

Banned
The ironic thing is that the better this sells in the UK, the less likely it is to see a US release. Nintendo is pretty smart and when they see the sales #s for the UK, they'll know a lot of them are from the USA.

Larsen B

LevityNYC said:
The ironic thing is that the better this sells in the UK, the less likely it is to see a US release. Nintendo is pretty smart and when they see the sales #s for the UK, they'll know a lot of them are from the USA.

None of this is right.

Tailzo

LevityNYC said:
Wii isn't region free. Thus I doubt that it will be imported in masses.

Dr. Ecco

Neo Member
I suddenly realized that the game is almost here.

Got to finish Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance before it comes out because Xenoblade will eat all my gaming time. I'm halfway through chapter 17 so I suppose it won't take long (great game btw, but kind of cruel to the characters who fall in battle D: ).

Anyway, my body is -almost- ready, bring it on NOE!

Edit: Oh, and great score from gamereactor. It is unusual for Spanish sites and magazines to give scores above 7-8 out of 10 for jRPGs, unless it is a Final Fantasy.

RPGCrazied

I have this gut feeling zavvi is going to burn me on my first experience. Oh well, they didn't have crazy import prices and free shipping.

LevityNYC

Banned
Tailzo said:
Wii isn't region free. Thus I doubt that it will be imported in masses.

Let's be honest. The masses were never going to buy this game. People that would have bought this game are just going to import and soft mod their Wii.

Judging by the reviews we've had so far, it looks like Xenoblade has a chance of becoming one of the highest rated Wii games of all time. :)

Top Bottom