• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X - Review Thread

ViciousDS

Banned
whats a good SSD and enclosure to use with the WiiU? Obviously they have to draw less power than a USB on their own.....I'm not using an external adapter.

Chaos17

What are these? Entirely new party characters?

Yup with their own mechas and some other optional freebies to make your life more confortable (sorry don't have the list).

edit : beaten

2856326-xeno1.jpg

closer look.
That Clark kent, looks nice.

So Wii U owners will have at least one big open-world game to soothe their aching hearts when Nintendo finally cancels the Wii U version of The Legend of Zelda NX!

I don't actually believe this, just sharpening my trollin

ZeldaFan5991

Neo Member
He does mention that you can customize it, but he found it hard to find the right balance with enough information but not too much room taking.

Well for the battles the field of view is deliberately smaller so that you focus on the battle not the environment. And looking at the pictures he had he could have at least zoomed out a bit more.

mStudios

Listen guys,
The reason XBCX story is not as good as XBC is because:

(Not spoilers, but if you don't wanna know anything, don't lick)
XBC was based on a friendship, it was a lot more emotional and more "i can related to shulk" than anything else.

XBCX is based more on survival of the human, etc. While it has its twits, is less emotional.

That's it. It's not "worse".

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
I promissed myself that I'd never post in another XBX thread after my utterly ridiculous ban, but fuck it the hype is getting to me.

North America doesn't get the snazzy black box does it.

Okay, so i updated the OP.

Any Reviews i forgot or any other issues? Please tell me, so i can correct it :)

Wiitalia: 9/10
NintendOn: 9.4/10
Everyeye: 9.5/10
Spaziogames: 8/10
Multiplayer: 9.6/10
IGN Italy: 9.5/10
Escapist: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/arti...ery_5112&pid=1 4.5/5
4gamers: http://www.4gamers.be/reviews/49103/1/Xenoblade-Chronicles-X 9.0 :)
Wiitalia: 9/10
Meristation: http://www.meristation.com/nintendo-...-juego/1873435 9.3
Juexvideo: 19/20
Attack of the Fanboy - 4.5/5.

Glad to see it's getting such glowing praise. Really surprised by Game Informer's 7.0 after reviewing Xenoblade at 9.5 and Xenoblade 3D at 9.0

If you didn't like the quest structure of the original Xenoblade, it's really not surprising that it being a much more directly integrated part of main game progress would result in a lower score.

whats a good SSD and enclosure to use with the WiiU? Obviously they have to draw less power than a USB on their own.....I'm not using an external adapter.

None, considering the slow speed of the Wii Us USB 2.0 ports. And since the ports are notoriously poor at delivering power, you may still need a Y-cable.

Get a 2,5 inch HDD with more capacity and a Y-cable.

RPGCrazied

Can't believe we are only 5 days away from playing this. Seems so long ago when this was announced. Thankfully, I've tried not to watch much media for this game. I only know the first zone quite a bit, but the others not so much. I do know their names though.

This game is going to murder free time. And will be the first game that will keep my Wii U on for hours at a time.

MrPanic

Is that second one the mad monk quest they did on giant bomb with the
racist

Yes it is. I found it interesting to see they made Japan pay extra for such a
instantly unlikable character
, maybe one of the reasons they decided that selling him separately might not be wise in the west, though that's just far fetched speculation on my part.

Can't believe we are only 5 days away from playing this. Seems so long ago when this was announced. Thankfully, I've tried not to watch much media for this game. I only know the first zone quite a bit, but the others not so much. I do know their names though.

This game is going to murder free time. And will be the first game that will keep my Wii U on for hours at a time.

starting friday i dont have to go back to work till after news years eve thanks to vacation time and my jobs annual week and half off of work for the holidays :)

aravuus

Listen guys,
The reason XBCX story is not as good as XBC is because:

(Not spoilers, but if you don't wanna know anything, don't lick)
XBC was based on a friendship, it was a lot more emotional and more "i can related to shulk" than anything else.

XBCX is based more on survival of the human, etc. While it has its twits, is less emotional.

That's it. It's not "worse".

Where are you getting this?

casiopao

LOL you have to compromise somewhere

I'll take this with no loading times, over better looking games with so many problems

Those games would not look like they do if they were this big

I anything, I've also heard things about fallout 4 not looking too hot, I have not played it yet tho. I hold off on it to play xeno

This game for its scale and size is super impressive, specially on a less powerful hardware

This. I agree that probably except for size, verticality and gigantic monster and how they live in the world, Xeno X is not going to be as complex as maybe Witcher or Fallout but, what they don't do give us no loading times, almost zero bug experience and tons of online features.

This is also all done on weaker console like Wii U while the others are given the advantage to utilize all that sweet extra power PS4, X-1 had. So, i feel X should be given praise on where it done really well.

aett

I'm at work so all these reviews are blocked, but can anyone tell me if anything has been said about off-TV play with this game? My current situation would require me to play this with the gamepad off-TV almost exclusively.

ika

I'm seeing reviewers largely trashing the story. That's to be expected but also disappointing.
I'm reading some of the reviews and most of them are saying they didn't even finish the game (central plot) in time for the review, and many said they spent more than 80 hours with the game, so I'm not trusting their opinions on the story. I'll wait to experience it myself, and not counting only Story Missions, but also Kizuna and Normal ones...

TI82

Banned
Yes it is. I found it interesting to see they made Japan pay extra for such a
instantly unlikable character
, maybe one of the reasons they decided that selling him separately might not be wise in the west, though that's just far fetched speculation on my part.

I mean he's
unlikable
to us but to some people, especially
isolationists or xenophobes
he is a very relatable character. But I didn't see how that quest ended so who knows.

Chaos17

The Gamespot video review made it seem like a 6.

I will pass on this. The fact there is no tutorial and the story is shit really sucks.

There're tutorials not in depth like in FF13, that will hold your hand for 10+ hours.
To compensate that, you will have a digital manual that will help you for moments when you feel lost.

If the reviewer didn't tried to check it...

WVW69imGRD4ElPNZmu

hohoXD123

I'm at work so all these reviews are blocked, but can anyone tell me if anything has been said about off-TV play with this game? My current situation would require me to play this with the gamepad off-TV almost exclusively.

It has off-tv play but some of the text is so small that it's not ideal.

iinm NA is English only, EU is multi-5... but if you're asking whether there's Japanese voice.... nope

The NA version still has French/Spanish/Portuguese text at least though, right? Most Nintendo games do.

Disappointing that there's no JP voice but totally understandable.

Only a few more days until I can inject this into my bloodstream.

Top Bottom