• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X - Review Thread

jorgejjvr

I don't know who Chuggaconroy is or didn't until hearing him on GameXplain but that dude seems to know his shit.
Yes, he has the best let's play of xenoblade, the original. It is one of his favorite games ever, just like me.

He has played it multiple times, he knows it inside out. Very good guy, he really does indeed know his stuff

He's probably the most reliable person to go to regarding the game

I'll be honest, I did not expect reviews to be this good! I'll be confirming my preorder as soon as I earn another Best Buy rewards certificate.

Exile20

yea and those games are doing so much more graphically its not even comparable. except for skyrim never looked at that game.

Would rather a rock solid frame rate, larger world, larger monsters, extremely varied, etc.

TW3 dropped to 20 fps regularly.

Anyway great seeing the game getting awesome reviews.

Damn the reviews are kind of low compared to the hype. I was expecting a positive 90+ metacritic like mgs v or witcher 3 based on the tremendous amount of hype.

Yeah it was a simple misremember and I know I can be a bit rude or mean sometimes but I try not to. Just happens sometimes, get caught up in the moment sometime?

And yeah. All Wii U games are doomed to financial failure and have to hope for at best sales like smash bros.

Its no biggie. Spirited debate is better than echo chamber. But sales gaf is serious business. Have you ever been in an NPD thread? :p I avoid Media Create most of the time for fear of saying something something stupid.

jackal27

Banned
All right, I loaded in the Metacritic and Opencritic links into the OP since we now have a lot of reviews.

Metacritic: 84 (31 reviews)
Opencritic: 84 (21 reviews)

Glad to see it's getting such glowing praise. Really surprised by Game Informer's 7.0 after reviewing Xenoblade at 9.5 and Xenoblade 3D at 9.0

I don't know who Chuggaconroy is or didn't until hearing him on GameXplain but that dude seems to know his shit.

He's a Let's Player who puts a ridiculous amount of time and effort into his videos. Xenoblade Chronicles is one of his favorite video games and he created the most comprehensive let's play series for the game on Youtube.

He said he was getting worried about a lot of the changes in Xenoblade Chronicles X and he was thinking he might be a bit disappointed by the final game, but it sounds like he's been enjoying it a lot more than he expected.

Damn the reviews are kind of low compared to the hype. I was expecting a positive 90+ metacritic like mgs v or witcher 3 based on the tremendous amount of hype.

Stop paying attention to hype.

back on topic. Seems like the consensus is that it is a great game. Not my kind of game but happy to see that people will have a meaty experience on their Wii U this Winter!

Shiggy

I think hype had died down quite a bit after impressions from Japan. Going into this and expecting another Xenoblade will obviously lead to disappointment, but probably not because this game is particularly bad.

Infinite

First of all what hype? Secondly, you determine how well a game is going to be received based on the 'hype' for it?

imjust1n

Banned

It's a main stream jrpg that's pretty good. I think the most people wont care about this game but it's up to us to let them know

UberTag

If anything, the anti-hype and my own exposure to the game had me convinced we were going to see a Metacritic score in the 79-81 range so the fact that it seems to be at least starting off at a higher plateau has me thrilled given the clear amount of time and effort that went into making XCX uniquely memorable.

jorgejjvr

He's a Let's Player who puts a ridiculous amount of time and effort into his videos. Xenoblade Chronicles is one of his favorite video games and he created the most comprehensive let's play series for the game on Youtube.

He said he was getting worried about a lot of the changes in Xenoblade Chronicles X and he was thinking he might be a bit disappointed by the final game, but it sounds like he's been enjoying it a lot more than he expected.
Pretty much this

He has put my worries at rest

Chugga can be trusted regarding this game more than every reviewer out there

TI82

Banned
Its no biggie. Spirited debate is better than echo chamber. But sales gaf is serious business. Have you ever been in an NPD thread? :p I avoid Media Create most of the time for fear of saying something something stupid.

Yep I read them every month super fun, media create I look at each week too. Don't usually post though, I chat more in the amiibogaf line group than anywhere else on gaf since people get really upset when I post.

Chaos17

I think hype had died down quite a bit after impressions from Japan. Going into this and expecting another Xenoblade will obviously lead to disappointment, but probably not because this game is particularly bad.

I think it's more because of the gap between the release, it's difficult to maintin hype for 1+ year XD

WVW69imkoDETjzM-Gc

TheMoon

Don't be silly now.

Seriously the fact that this game is a technical masterpiece and literally has zero bugs should be thread worthy...

Why? That's to be expected from the dev and publisher. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Kanann

I didn't see 100 score reviews add in metacritic yet, why? those medias doesn't count or I have to wait a little more?

jariw

Haven't read all the reviews, but:
* Did any of the reviewers play through the full game? If so, what's the total playing time?
* Which of the reviews mentioned the play time (GameXplain mentioned 85+ hours) which the review is based on?

ZeldaFan5991

Neo Member
Seriously the fact that this game is a technical masterpiece and literally has zero bugs should be thread worthy...

Given the current state of gaming and it's ridiculous patches. "Hey 8 gig day one patch!" This game should be given at least a one point bonus on all review impressions.

Riki

Monolith Soft did more and better with their first open world game than any Western dev has done in their third or fourth iteration.
Think about that.

If anything, the anti-hype and my own exposure to the game had me convinced we were going to see a Metacritic score in the 79-81 range so the fact that it seems to be at least starting off at a higher plateau has me thrilled given the clear amount of time and effort that went into making XCX uniquely memorable.

I dunno. If you followed the impressions and the import thread comments it seemed like the game would settle in the low 80s. If you just ignore all the shade being thrown around its not all that hard to predict scores of sequels like X.

I'm not really understanding the Polygon review. A lot of his complaints regarding the ui etc. are easily fixable by just taking even a glance at the settings menu.
He does mention that you can customize it, but he found it hard to find the right balance with enough information but not too much room taking.

Because is Polygon and is not an Xbox game, simple as that...
Stop it. Did you even read the review yourself?

guek

Banned
Nintendo does a pretty poor job of wining and dining the press to maintain hype. I'm not saying publishers for those other games buy reviews but marketing can make a notable difference and Nintendo sucks at it.

Top Bottom