• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X - Twitter & Website updates thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
After giving the original another shot and enjoying it, I am much more hyped about this game.
I also like the OST despite what people say.

Malvingt2

CB5v260UIAAt40H.jpg

DLC(quest) confirmed, since the bundle contains a 1000 point card so not surprising.

ohh

I know that the map is bigger but I thought that was mostly due to the dolls being in the game. And knowing how much superfluous sidequests there were in XBC, I'll take Takahashi's 300h playthrough with a big grain of salt :p

But there's also hints of a ton more content too. Way more depth and variety in equipments and armours, and they have some real systems behind them; Armour and equipment is actually developed by entire intergalactic manufacturing corporations. This is intriguing. http://imgur.com/a/rGtbt There seems to be some real depth behind armour and equipment, and this is just one example.

Quests seem way more organized, and important this time. We know they're categorizing them as 'Simple Quests', 'Normal Quests', 'Kizuna Quests', and 'BLADE Quests'. There's a Quest board in NLA where you can browse and accept quests, but I think for the most part these are 'simple quests' which are more or less fetch quests. You can talk to people and accept 'normal quests' (you can find these on the quest board too) which probably have a little bit more backstory to them, but are still mostly 'just' fetch quests.

Kizuna quests are intriguing, because we've seen symbols that look like heart to heart, but Kizuna-quests seem entirely different. I'm not sure what they are beyond that they have conditions (like you'll have to accept the quest while you have Maardreth, Selica and Elma in your party for example, but more likely centered around 1 or 2 specific characters), and presumably going through those quests (or quest lines?) will reveal some interesting dialogue and back story on those characters. BLADE quests are probably more important cutscene quests, but we also have a little bit of info on how they're organized. Have you heard of the Unions?

Anyways, they told us about them in the Famitsu article first, then told us a little about them in the exploration (maybe?) and battle directs (just showed us character from each one). My understanding so far is that Unions give you story tied quest lines related to it's purpose. While you're affiliated with a union you can do all the normal quests etc, but they'll give you 'special' quests that are focused on one particular type of task, and will probably have more importance to game progression and the unfolding of the story. I think you'll be able to pursue which ever storylines you like, through whichever unions you want, but they'll lead to an overarching story line that'll progress slowly as you progress through Union quest storylines. So think of it as a diverging path, with many branches. You can go down all of them however much you like, and then eventually after going on many different paths and making new discoveries, you'll get some hints at the overall plot and then advance down one central path again.

Dr. Buni

Man, it is too bad there isn't a way to block terrible avatars in this forum
who else is hoping we get British voice acting with localization? lol
I am, even though it wouldn't make much sense given that the characters are supposedly from murrica.

cacildo

I dont like this DLC news....

But who knows?

Maybe the game is cheaper...
Maybe the game is huge but you will really want more...

Mario Kart DLC wasnt bad, i dont see anyone complaining about Hyrule Warriors DLC....

The thing about Nintendo DLC is that (up until now) it is DLC we really want

TheMoon

I dont like this DLC news....

But who knows?

Maybe the game is cheaper...
Maybe the game is huge but you will really want more...

Mario Kart DLC wasnt bad, i dont see anyone complaining about Hyrule Warriors DLC....

The thing about Nintendo DLC is that (up until now) it is DLC we really want

I don't see this game being cheaper. Because why? It is absolutely massive already. DLC quests (possibly for the co-op component only?!) makes sense.

Mario Kart 8 DLC wasn't just "not bad" it was absolutely stellar and the perfect example of how to do DLC.

Chaos17

CB5v260UIAAt40H.jpg

DLC(quest) confirmed, since the bundle contains a 1000 point card so not surprising.

Unless we heard official statement, that's not true.
Those points could be used for other Nintendo games.
Are you just jumping to conclusion too quickly ? Like all the guys who did in the ire EMblem thread who fear that will get the same treatement as Japan ?

Just read what the tweets were about. Wow, that's such a good idea, actually equipping certain sets but having the stats of another.

I wonder why I didn't think of that.

Unless we heard official statement, that's not true.
Those points could be used for other Nintendo games.
Are you just jumping to conclusion too quickly ? Like all the guys who did in the ire EMblem thread who fear that will get the same treatement as Japan ?
No we're not. There's 有料 which basically confirms it is 'paid' DLC (quest)

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
I very much dot they would use British dub for a colony called Los angels uys, it's not even a hope thing unless they strive to be inaccurate with localization and dubbing.

You can change your characters looks without changing armor but you have to beat the game first?

Thats a huge mistake, should be an available feature from the start.

Mismatched armor is the worst!

franzupan

Neo Member
Thanks for the informative post! I would have missed quite a lot of info about Xenox if not for this.

This topic is tempting me to import a Japanese WiiU so bad >_<.

Vena

not sure if serious

What? Its a brilliant strategy to fatten up sales numbers as people multi-dip on the same piece of hardware because its a different color. Just go back to the Destiny threads, so many people buying a White PS4 just because its white.

Did I need to clarify: every big game?

What? Its a brilliant strategy to fatten up sales numbers as people multi-dip on the same piece of hardware because its a different color. Just go back to the Destiny threads, so many people buying a White PS4 just because its white.

Did I need to clarify: every big game?

3 things:

1. that leads to multiple SKUs, which especially given the Wii U's situation, isn't a very good idea
2. the amount of people that actually double-dipped on PS4s is fairly small in the overall picture
3. of the people that did, the majority bought it specifically because it was white
racists
, but they likely wouldn't buy yet another PS4 just for a different color

Vena

3 things:

1. that leads to multiple SKUs, which especially given the Wii U's situation, isn't a very good idea
2. the amount of people that actually double-dipped on PS4s is fairly small in the overall picture
3. of the people that did, the majority bought it specifically because it was white
racists
, but they likely wouldn't buy yet another PS4 just for a different color

They don't need to make many of them, just make ten and sell them like with the MM3DSXL unit. It will sell out instantly then everyone will want one! :p

paolo11

Friday morning will be a great morning for me. Doll Time for Xenoblade Chronicles X.

Also, I will instantly preorder a WiiU bundle For this game if NA offers it even though I have a WiiU.

This is a bit of a curiosity that's been going around in my head for the past while but... Xenoblade X as it apparently is... Would it really have been possible without Operation Rainfall's campaign for the first game to get a western released? If not for Xenoblade's notoriety, would Monolith be able to get the kind of budget necessary for the undertaking that X seems to be? I mean, with the kind of scale we've been made aware of thus far, it doesn't look like X is something that could be considered successful had it only been targeting the Japan audience.

Overside

Banned
This is a bit of a curiosity that's been going around in my head for the past while but... Xenoblade X as it apparently is... Would it really have been possible without Operation Rainfall's campaign for the first game to get a western released? If not for Xenoblade's notoriety, would Monolith be able to get the kind of budget necessary for the undertaking that X seems to be? I mean, with the kind of scale we've been made aware of thus far, it doesn't look like X is something that could be considered successful had it only been targeting the Japan audience.

I am pretty confident that the only reason Xenoblade exists is because:

1. Operation rainfall was a success, and the game got localized
2. Xenoblades western sales decimated Japans sales.

Honestly, I think they are far over reaching on the budget on this game, compared to the sales they are expecting to get from it (I imagine it will be similar to Xenoblade wiis sales, but holy kaz, please prove me wrong world)

But I know, that they know this, and I really appreciate them doing it, knowing they will never see an roi on it.

-MB-

I am pretty confident that the only reason Xenoblade exists is because:

1. Operation rainfall was a success, and the game got localized
2. Xenoblades western sales decimated Japans sales.

Honestly, I think they are far over reaching on the budget on this game, compared to the sales they are expecting to get from it (I imagine it will be similar to Xenoblade wiis sales, but holy kaz, please prove me wrong world)

But I know, that they know this, and I really appreciate them doing it, knowing they will never see an roi on it.

Operation rainfall only pertained to getting the game to the USA. It was already localised and released in Europe to decent success.

This is totally off-topic, but dark theme works way better for my avatar.

anyway I dunno about the original Xenoblade's sales, but I'm betting the west will contribute the vast majority of sales for this game because Wii U software in Japan is just anemic

TheMoon

This is totally off-topic, but dark theme works way better for my avatar.

anyway I dunno about the original Xenoblade's sales, but I'm betting the west will contribute the vast majority of sales for this game because Wii U software in Japan is just anemic

Read the X3D Iwata Asks. They straight up say Xenoblade sales in the West outperformed Japan.

cacildo

Now it feels like I've been hyping 4 years to buy an incomplete game. Thanks, Nintendo.

wait...

So people like DLC or they hate DLC?

Because on the few times there was 3rd party multiplats on WiiU, the biggest complain was "But there´s no DLC on wiiu! Why no Dlc? Why Nintendo? Are we just pawns in the game of life for you?"

And now... there´s a huge nintendo game...
And there´s DLC for it...
And suddenly you people dont like DLC anymore?

udivision

wait...

Because on the few times there was 3rd party multiplats on WiiU, the biggest complain was "But there´s no DLC on wiiu! Why no Dlc? Why Nintendo? Are we just pawns in the game of life for you?"

What do you mean "you people."?

On a serious note, you can't ascribe these views to large swaths of people.

wait...

Different people have different opinions for different reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom