• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade coming to the U.S. via Gamestop Exclusive (also avail on Nintendo.com)

Status
Not open for further replies.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Assuming that NoA was intending to redub the game, would we expect NA Anime VAs or some of the "beauty" that brought us Radiant Dawn's sorry excuse for VA?

... Nah, just keep the British Dub and remove "ou"'s. It's not like the Last Window script where there was some clear British vernacular that American audiences wouldn't get (for example, "steady on"). The farthest is Reyn saying "Oi!".

Problem with the PAL English is that there are a few "Britishisms" in there. I don't think it's worth redubbing for though.

At least, I've never heard the phrase "get stuck in" used here, for example.

I wonder how much the sales will be impacted by a lot of people having already imported it?

Not much. I imported but I'll be double dipping. Said I would if they released it here and I'm sticking by that.

Don't know anybody who imported the game, but I know a few people who were close to doing it. They'll almost certainly get this release.

Foffy

Banned
I wonder how much the sales will be impacted by a lot of people having already imported it?

All of my friends who own a Wii want to play the game, but only I imported it.

I'm sure there's an audience that will lap it up. Especially those who moaned about the lack of a NA release and didn't choose to import.

We can dance around it all we want, but quite a few of the North Americans who played it didn't import it.

People better put up or shut up. These games don't exist without a dedicated, reliable market.

Nothing wrong with a bit of colour on my armour as I fight for honour.

Rock that shit Olde School Anglicized. Going to the shoppe will never be this much fun again.

We can dance around it all we want, but quite a few of the North Americans who played it didn't import it.

People better put up or shut up. These games don't exist without a dedicated, reliable market.

This, please. Don't be a douche and not buy this game in one form or another. If you want to talk, let your wallet do it. That's the only thing that gets heard in the end.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
What do Nintendo gain by making this game so hard to get?

From their perspective, Zelda and Kirby were big enough first party titles for action and adventure fans, for the christmas season.

Their gain, is that with Zelda out the door it's almost certain that any significant EAD and 1st party development for the Wii has ceased. Holding back Xeno, Last Story, and even Pandora for 2012 means they can have "new" product to evenly space through the year and appear to be supporting the Wii with their full efforts.

FUCK YEA! I didn't want to hack my Wii to play Pal games because I figured thatwould mess up transfering downloads to the Wii U so I am glad I waited.

Will buy day one. Even if Im playing to many games like I am right now and dont have time for it I will buy it day one to show NOA that RPGs can sell.

Can'twait to finally try this game out. I wonder if Ican already go to gamestop to preorder it...probably not yet. Dunno. Guess I'll see when I pick up MK7.

[Nintex];33132855 said:
I guess bringing this over kinda confirms they have nothing else for Wii left.

I doubt there's any new games in development, if that's what you're saying.

Hell, even if there were, I imagine they got moved to the 3DS. MH Tri G seems like a likely suspect for that.

Phenomic

Eh, you paid a little more to get it earlier than everyone else. Welcome to the club. ^_^

When did it come out August? I paid right at 50 bucks and played it almost a year earlier. I feel bad because I don't think I'm going to double dip, but I want them to know people support this game.

How did Xenoblade do sales-wise in Europe?
We don't get real figures for Europe. I think we do know:

UK first shipment sold out. Using Famitsu published monthly numbers combined with The Guardian platform splits and char-track PR % + and - to geusstimate (its like game x was out for 1 week, it sold y, game d was out for 2 weeks second week -50% of first so monthly number =150% week 1) first shipment was on the order of 10,000.

Shortages in other countries too (unclear if it is success or just not many copies ordered by retail). I think French first shipment was 47,000 though.

Basically, in the UK the "lol zeldas such a flop" Skyward Sword is highly likely to have outsold its LTD in its first week (which is funny as poeple use the Xenoblade sell out as "wow it was such a hit NOA should got on with it"). Again using the same chart guesstimates recalibrated to more recent data...but rounding errors (or some other flaw) is starting to show up...

Kaizer

Banned
Damn, I already imported it and I'm about 40% through the story, sidequests, etc. Not sure if I want to double-dip for something I already own and a good ways through already, plus there's already a plethora of games coming out in the Spring already. If there's anyway possible for my save to carry over (which I doubt) then I'd definitely pick this up, but by April my focus will mostly be on FFXIII-2, ME3, etc.

[Nintex]

I doubt there's any new games in development, if that's what you're saying.

Hell, even if there were, I imagine they got moved to the 3DS. MH Tri G seems like a likely suspect for that.

Ah well, I'll just continue my Zelda marathon *inserts The Wind Waker in disk slot*

SYNTAX182

Awesome!! I already imported it, only payed $5.00 more than full retail price for a Wii game here in the US. I'll buy it again just to support Monolithsoft and we get more of their games localized.

Raw64life

This game was on my radar for a while but I was too lazy to mod/emulate/import/whatever people were doing to play it. With this news I guess my Wii wont be going in my attic after I finish Zelda after all.

When did it come out August? I paid right at 50 bucks and played it almost a year earlier. I feel bad because I don't think I'm going to double dip, but I want them to know people support this game.

Yeah, I don't regret importing it. It's been great talking about the game in the OT.

But I'm definitely getting the NA copy. $50 is a small price to pay to send a message, and I can always give the game to a friend.

NoA: We are not looking at a Xenoblade release for the next while but who knows maybe later.

Retards: FUCK YOU NINTENDO, I HATE ALL THAT YOU ARE AND EVERYHING THAT YOU DO. YOU LOST A CUSTOMER TODAY. I'M NEVER BUYING ANOTHER NINTENDO GAME! RAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! * pre-orders Xenoblade from NoE *

NoA: To our loyal fans: We're releasing a limited run of Xenoblade via specialty stores just for you.

Retards: AUGHHHHHHH FUUUUUCKKKKK YOU NINTENDO. YOU MADE ME GET THIS GAME ELSEWHERE, YOU KILLED MY MOTHER!THIS IS GONNA FAIL SO BAD, I HATE YOU!!!! AUGHHHJEKRJEHWK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom