• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade coming to the U.S. via Gamestop Exclusive (also avail on Nintendo.com)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neki

Guess what takes about 5 seconds?

Inserting a NTSC released disc into my Wii.

buuuut gamestop

don't want to give GAMESTOP my hard earned MONEY on a GAMING hobby.

(point is moot now because it's available on Nintendo.com)

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
NoA: We are not looking at a Xenoblade release for the next while but who knows maybe later.

Retards: FUCK YOU NINTENDO, I HATE ALL THAT YOU ARE AND EVERYHING THAT YOU DO. YOU LOST A CUSTOMER TODAY. I'M NEVER BUYING ANOTHER NINTENDO GAME! RAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! * pre-orders Xenoblade from NoE *

NoA: To our loyal fans: W're releasing a limited run of Xenoblade via specialty stores just for you.

Retards: AUGHHHHHHH FUUUUUCKKKKK YOU NINTENDO. YOU MADE ME GET THIS GAME ELSEWHERE, YOU KILLED MY MOTHER!THIS IS GONNA FAIL SO BAD, I HATE YOU!!!! AUGHHHJEKRJEHWK
To be fair, there aren't very many people with a negative reaction like that. IMO the bigger problem is people taking the opportunity to beg for more games instead of being thankful for the (extremely great) one that we're getting.

A bit like Tales fans in that regard, but not as bad.

Guess what takes about 5 seconds?

Inserting a NTSC released disc into my Wii.

Takes you that long to put a disc in? Something wrong with your Wii?

Mario Party 9

ngbbs474b9c355879d.gif

[Nintex];33132855 said:
I guess bringing this over kinda confirms they have nothing else for Wii left.

Fortune Street
Rhythm Heaven Fever
Xenoblade Chronicles
Mario Party 9
The Last Story
Pandora's Tower
Poképark 2: Beyond the World
Fatal Frame IIR
Donkey Kong Country Returns 2
Dragon Quest X Online: Awakening of the Five Tribes

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
Hopefully the demand for this is bigger than what they're expecting (which is probably low to begin with).

I'd love to see a repeat of the instant sellout of the game Europe had.

NoA: We are not looking at a Xenoblade release for the next while but who knows maybe later.

Retards: FUCK YOU NINTENDO, I HATE ALL THAT YOU ARE AND EVERYHING THAT YOU DO. YOU LOST A CUSTOMER TODAY. I'M NEVER BUYING ANOTHER NINTENDO GAME! RAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! * pre-orders Xenoblade from NoE *

NoA: To our loyal fans: We're releasing a limited run of Xenoblade via specialty stores just for you.

Retards: AUGHHHHHHH FUUUUUCKKKKK YOU NINTENDO. YOU MADE ME GET THIS GAME ELSEWHERE, YOU KILLED MY MOTHER!THIS IS GONNA FAIL SO BAD, I HATE YOU!!!! AUGHHHJEKRJEHWK

Yep that's how it went.

Curufinwe

I buy almost all my games from Amazon and Best Buy, but if this is GS-exclusive maybe I'll trade in a bunch of old Wii games soon to get credit I can use to buy Xenoblade in April.

Foffy

Banned
Fortune Street
Rhythm Heaven Fever
Xenoblade Chronicles
Mario Party 9
The Last Story
Pandora's Tower
Fatal Frame IIR

I caught you! Sneaking in games...

Five months and five seconds, yeah.

Guess what takes about four months?

Waiting for the US version rather than importing.

Just sayin'

So you're saying a game that's five months old is somehow a worse game than it would have been five months earlier?

Takes you that long to put a disc in? Something wrong with your Wii?

Well I'm including time it takes to pop the disc out of the case, obviously.

qq more

Fortune Street
Rhythm Heaven Fever
Xenoblade Chronicles
Mario Party 9
The Last Story
Pandora's Tower
Fatal Frame IIR

You mean Donkey Kong Trooper Challenge

Huff

Banned
Fortune Street
Rhythm Heaven Fever
Xenoblade Chronicles
Mario Party 9
The Last Story
Pandora's Tower
Fatal Frame IIR

As in Nintendo currently making more games for the wii. Which isn't happening.

Phenomic

Awesome. I'll definitely buy it (when it drops in price a month later).

You might not get the chance. If they actually do this like Metroid Prime Trilogy and have only a single print run and it blows up. Could easily make this a rare title in the states if Nintendo wanted to.

King Boo

i am actually more interested in that pandora game. saw a clip where the main character is whipping everyone and has a spear.

but i guess i gotta buy this for any hope of getting that.

Awesome news. My import copy that my friend in Europe bought for me should be arriving today so I might hold off on playing to wait for the NA version (yes, my Wii is already capable of playing the import copy right now).

I'll probably go pre-order at my GS once I'm home.

qq more

buuuut gamestop

don't want to give GAMESTOP my hard earned MONEY on a GAMING hobby.

(point is moot now because it's available on Nintendo.com)

Wait, what happened to the 2nd half of your post? The font is all weird looking, even when I'm quoting it...

Wow. I really can't belive how poorly NoA handled this game. With an actual push, it could have done decently, but this is just basicly throwing it out there. I'm happy for gamers getting a chance to play it, but Jesus.

Jarlaxle

You might not get the chance. If they actually do this like Metroid Prime Trilogy and have only a single print run and it blows up. Could easily make this a rare title in the states if Nintendo wanted to.

Fair enough. I rarely buy games at full price and never buy used games but I could make an exception here and pony up the money for this one. Now we just need them to bring over The Last Story and then I can say goodbye to my Wii.

Phenomic

Fair enough. I rarely buy games at full price and never buy used games but I could make an exception here and pony up the money for this one. Now we just need them to bring over The Last Story and then I can say goodbye to my Wii.

Right.. of course that's just speculation there could be a ton of copies that float around. MPT was a rare occurrence and I think a lot of people panicked initially because they wanted a copy, but just didn't wanna pay much for it having already owned all three games.

http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/09LPao0thCWTobgndPH5UTuz4zsz63F4

BTW, the official US trailer there still has the (amazing) British voices. That's a very good sign :D (FUCK OFF JYB!)

Good to see... I hope this also means that the rumors that NOA was handling the Last Story dub are actually true. Maybe they will announce that not long after Xenoblade and release it in February. I mean preorders go up if they have a good number of initial preorders that could help that cause.

Oh, cool, "Retards."

By the way, here's not the first response, but the "big" response to Operation Rainfall, the one they told people to wait for:

http://www.facebook.com/Nintendo/posts/126089684142160 said:
Thank you for your enthusiasm. We promised an update, so here it is. We never say “never,” but we can confirm that there are no plans to bring these three games to the Americas at this time. Thanks so much for your passion, and for being such great fans!

They literally say "We can't actually tell you we won't do it." This was their big "update." "At this time" you point out? Yeah, that's not a completely meaningless phrase tacked on to every single corporate statement that has even the slimmest chance of changing in the future.

It was pretty discouraging to the people who were ready to give Nintendo of America money for a product.

NoA: To our loyal fans: We're releasing a limited run of Xenoblade via specialty stores just for you.

That is true, that is exactly how every single person who disagreed with Nintendo of America's actions reacted. It is uncanny how you reproduce it so faithfully.

Kusagari

I haven't even started playing my import yet, but I'll still buy this day one. Anyone who cares somewhat needs to so we can get Last Story.

No, he's saying unless it takes you months to hack your Wii, importing is faster.

What if I said I wasn't interested in hacking or importing and was only going to bother playing the game if it made its way stateside?

It's not like I'm hurting for software to play exactly.

fernoca

I'd love to see a repeat of the instant sellout of the game Europe had.
Would be nice if the game sold good anyway.
Though "instant sellout" didn't meant much over there when the shipment was quite low to begin with.

Sin & Punishment 2 did like 20-30k when it debuted in the US and was considered as a big bomb. Xenoblade did like less than that in the UK-charts (estimates) and "instant sellouts" and "huge hit" were the words flying around.

I don't see a trailer
First "image" that loads, click play.

It ends with a link to www.xenoblade.com, which re-directs to that site.

Anyone who actually wanted this imported it. Operation Rainfall is dead, the hype is gone, its gonna sell like shit in a can, Nintendo will blame the fans and will announce Mother 4 exclusively for limited Japan release.

Wow. I really can't belive how poorly NoA handled this game. With an actual push, it could have done decently, but this is just basicly throwing it out there. I'm happy for gamers getting a chance to play it, but Jesus.

After how it's all gone, I think we should be happy it's coming at all. At least there's nothing really riding on the performance of this, which is abundantly clear with how it's being handled.

Limited releases > No releases

Sin & Punishment 2 did like 20-30k when it debuted in the US and was considered as a big bomb. Xenoblade did like less than that in the UK-charts (estimates) and "instant sellouts" and "huge hit" were the words flying around.

Let's leave S&P 2 out of this...

;_;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom